7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
denni266
December 10, 2020, 8:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
TBH i think we will only go for the bare min we need and hope it gets us through . The penny pinching will have already started
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
ivanosandwich
December 10, 2020, 9:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
What about all those players stacking shelves at mad Harry’s part time?

Do we actually know if the situation was really Mad Harry telling his staff to get a part time job so they signed for Town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 10, 2020, 9:18am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 123
At least one Town player has an online business that we know of, so he has additional income anyway.

Is selling shi'ite on eBay classed as a p/t job?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 10, 2020, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,103
Gold Stars: 197
At least one Town player has an online business that we know of, so he has additional income anyway.

Is selling shi'ite on eBay classed as a p/t job?

Some people will always buy other people’s sh1te
There’s a shop at glanford park that sells some

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
diehardmariner
December 10, 2020, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,818
Gold Stars: 545
Quoted from 139914
Do you guys actually believe that Fenty is going to do anything other than run the run down club further down just so it can get its money back?  While it’s got anything to do with the club there will be no ambition, just you mugs directly repaying him for years of utter incompetence.

For gods sake wake up and finally smell the coffee, don’t go, don’t buy a shirt and force him to either invest without caveat or take the club into administration where it’ll hopefully get what it deserves, 1p in the pound.

I utterly despise what it has done to the club, it isn’t a fan, it’s only interested in self promotion and completely blind to the damage it’s done.  

As for the trust, what undertakings did you get that it would invest before handing over the shares?  Let me take a guess, zilch!,  You’re part of the problem, it’ites to a man (or woman).  Paying for a powerless seat on a board dictated by it, naive in the extreme.  Providing free labour in the bars so it gets its money back quicker.  Change your name to the it trust because you certainly aren’t looking after the interests of GTFC or the fans.

But, there won’t be any pressure or mass protests, you’re all blind with bullsh*t.

In fairness to the Trust, they put the issue to their membership regards the shares.  Rightly or wrongly, the membership voted to give the shares to Fenty.  If I was Mike Parker I would have been absolutely spitting feathers.  Fenty used bully boy tactics there and if I recall rightly dangled the threat of selling Liam Hearn if he didn't get the shares given to him.

That sums up the mentality of the guy who holds the cards.  Couldn't stomach the thought of someone having enough power to be of influence so he threw his toys out.

Unfortunately that episode, in my eyes anyway, removed any sense of credibility the Trust had as a voice.  I think they do fantastic work and it's so easy to forget that the Trust Board are volunteers.  They give up their time for the love of the club.  But as a voice of opposition, I don't think they've got one really.   Which is a shame because there was such potential there.

Unless the Trust absolutely cut their ties with Fenty and this board, they'll never be seen as credible in the eyes of the fan base. Not for this purpose anyway.

If fans are to rally behind a cause to remove Fenty and/or impact upon the level of power he wields, it has to come under another guise.  Of course, there's then the risk of splitting and diluting the supporters.  Which I believe is what is happening at Bury.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
ginnywings
December 10, 2020, 9:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from diehardmariner

In fairness to the Trust, they put the issue to their membership regards the shares.  Rightly or wrongly, the membership voted to give the shares to Fenty.  If I was Mike Parker I would have been absolutely spitting feathers.  Fenty used bully boy tactics there and if I recall rightly dangled the threat of selling Liam Hearn if he didn't get the shares given to him.

That sums up the mentality of the guy who holds the cards.  Couldn't stomach the thought of someone having enough power to be of influence so he threw his toys out.

Unfortunately that episode, in my eyes anyway, removed any sense of credibility the Trust had as a voice.  I think they do fantastic work and it's so easy to forget that the Trust Board are volunteers.  They give up their time for the love of the club.  But as a voice of opposition, I don't think they've got one really.   Which is a shame because there was such potential there.

Unless the Trust absolutely cut their ties with Fenty and this board, they'll never be seen as credible in the eyes of the fan base. Not for this purpose anyway.

If fans are to rally behind a cause to remove Fenty and/or impact upon the level of power he wields, it has to come under another guise.  Of course, there's then the risk of splitting and diluting the supporters.  Which I believe is what is happening at Bury.

I think the handing over of the shares was wrong, but it was done democratically, so fair enough.

I do wonder though, if it were to happen now, would the outcome be different? A lot has happened since then, not much of it very positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Garth
December 10, 2020, 10:12am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from denni266
We need to be getting players lined up now ready for signing , not waiting looking at shop windows

Don't panic our scouts are all over Barrow and Binbrook ATM seeking gold nuggets to sign in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Garth
December 10, 2020, 10:15am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Do we actually know if the situation was really Mad Harry telling his staff to get a part time job so they signed for Town?

Or are Mad Harry and Ollie one person
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
TownSNAFU5
December 10, 2020, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
When Fenty threatened to sell our prolific striker Liam Hearn, he showed that when push comes to shove, retaining his power and powerbase at the Club was more important than the Club itself.

I doubt that he actually would have sold Hearn. He just used the threat as a bullying tactic and calculated that he would get his own way.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
arryarryarry
December 10, 2020, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,018
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from diehardmariner

If I was Mike Parker I would have been absolutely spitting feathers.

My understanding was he was really drunk off.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fill your boots ollie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.