Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 64 Guests

Next Manager ?

This thread currently has 16,605 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from lee65

This, give Davies, Dave Moore, and input from Morais (who is doing his coaching I think?) a chance for the next month until ownership is clear.

This makes excellent sense but then Grimsby Town and sense?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 100
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2020, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,075
Gold Stars: 238
If we were playing this on a computer game it would be Adkins for me. As this is another real life GTFC f*ck up I'd imagine we'll end up with another gamble.

I'm a bit worried that Holloway going public might put a few half decent candidates off.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 100
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2020, 12:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,075
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from lee65

This, give Davies, Dave Moore, and input from Morais (who is doing his coaching I think?) a chance for the next month until ownership is clear.

What do you base that upon mate? Though if Dave was involved I'd be 100% sure things would be a lot less complicated.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 100
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What do you base that upon mate? Though if Dave was involved I'd be 100% sure things would be a lot less complicated.

I think he';s based it on being the only sensible option if we are to avoid appointing another loser by acting in haste.

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 100
cardiffmariner
December 23, 2020, 12:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,321
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

Not by everybody they weren't, only the rose tinted spectacled lot and those wanting to believe anything as they were so desperate for success

Both appointments were heralded as the greatest things ever when it was clear to anyone they weren't

One with no experience whatsoever and one clearly over the hill and living in the past

Not being funny Swin but those who criticised those appointments have criticised every other appointment as well. Hardly showed astute footballing knowledge, more a the approach taken by the posters to everything GTFC.

I’d be interested, what was your reaction to the Hurst/Scott appointment?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 100
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Not being funny Swin but those who criticised those appointments have criticised every other appointment as well. Hardly showed astute footballing knowledge, more a the approach taken by the posters to everything GTFC.

I’d be interested, what was your reaction to the Hurst/Scott appointment?

Totally open minded as I'd never heard of either of them but given that we were in the Conference and they were managing a non-league club anyway I didn't criticise the appointment.

I didn't mind Hust as we won more than we lost and getting back into the FL wasn't the be all and end all for me, (as a bloke I quite liked him until the ear cupping episode)

The last managerial appointment that excited me and that I totally approved of was Newell so perhpas that explains my reticence to endorse any of them since!

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 100
headingly_mariner
December 23, 2020, 1:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Need to get someone in swiftly who can navigate January, because we need to sign 3 or 4 quality players to keep us up.

Loads of nonsense names about, we need someone steady. Seen Curtis Woodhouse mentioned on Twitter, what the intercourse are people on?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 100
denni266
December 23, 2020, 1:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Its not gonna be down to who we want,, its gonna be who will want to come in and manage a club in the mess we are in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 100
December 23, 2020, 1:56pm
Guest User
[quote=54]

You expect me to answer that? I've already accumulated more Red Xs than anyone else on this board

Not my job to select a manager anyway but whoever we get (unless we appoint another total new boy like Jolley which please God we won't) will be out of a job because he has been sacked elsewhere, we're not likely to get anyone who is any good and gives up a nice number to come to BP.

So long as its not Sol Campbell I don't really give a excrement TBH, its who is going to appoint the new man that worries me most, there is no one on the current board or the mob rumoured to be coming in who knows anything about football.

Be better taking a Fishy poll and letting us choose him

[/quote
Think I can guess why not Sol Campbell.

Reply: 48 - 100
Boris Johnson
December 23, 2020, 1:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If we were playing this on a computer game it would be Adkins for me. As this is another real life GTFC f*ck up I'd imagine we'll end up with another gamble.

I'm a bit worried that Holloway going public might put a few half decent candidates off.

But Holloway was not a gamble, it was welcomed by the vast majority. Put people off? If its advertised, people will apply, then you recruit from that.  Always someone needing a job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Manager ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.