Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In the mean time.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 72 Guests

In the mean time.....

This thread currently has 2,481 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 23, 2020, 11:10am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 123
If a new Manager is not forthcoming immediately, then who would you like to see take temporary charge as our Caretaker Manager?

My thoughts are:

Filipe Morais would be an obvious choice with coaching badges and experience

Ben Davies is not management material but does know the players

Dave Smith (Clee Town Manager) while they are not playing

Anyone else?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
December 23, 2020, 11:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
I couldnt tell you. We have noone do we. Poor GK coach only started yesterday hahaha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Doctor Sanchez
December 23, 2020, 11:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Dave Moore would be the obvious choice wouldn't he?  He's done it a couple of times before.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Dream team Moore and Morais can turn it around in the short term.

My biggest worry is I doubt the new lot will be any better / knowledgeable at appointing a manager than the old lot.

Do we rush into it and risk another bum choice just so the new man can have the transfer window and possibly cocking it up or wait until the right man can be appointed and carry on with what we've got?

If injuries can be sorted with Moore and Morais in temporary charge until the 'right' man is found I feel the squad is strong enough to avoid the drop at least, I don't want to see even more dross arriving in January

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
cannylad68
December 23, 2020, 11:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Good point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Madeleymariner
December 23, 2020, 12:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,073
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from Ipswin
Dream team Moore and Morais can turn it around in the short term.

My biggest worry is I doubt the new lot will be any better / knowledgeable at appointing a manager than the old lot.

Do we rush into it and risk another bum choice just so the new man can have the transfer window and possibly cocking it up or wait until the right man can be appointed and carry on with what we've got?

If injuries can be sorted with Moore and Morais in temporary charge until the 'right' man is found I feel the squad is strong enough to avoid the drop at least, I don't want to see even more dross arriving in January

The squad is nowhere near strong enough to avaid relegation, those missing with injury such as Scannel/Wright are no more than average, we have no one with power and strength available to play up front, Hanson will never be fit enough, hell he breaks down before he even starts training.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Ipswin
December 23, 2020, 12:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Madeleymariner

The squad is nowhere near strong enough to avaid relegation, those missing with injury such as Scannel/Wright are no more than average, we have no one with power and strength available to play up front, Hanson will never be fit enough, hell he breaks down before he even starts training.

Well we don't want a manager appointed in a hurry just so he will have the transfer window to blow any money there is on a load of players selected in a panic who are as shite as the ones Holloway brought in

What we need is a highly experienced manager who has loads of contacts and players who have worked with him before all wanting to renew their.... oh! Hang on a minute...

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
ginnywings
December 23, 2020, 12:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Perhaps the new lot have already done some work in this area. They may have already sounded out some candidates. They have spoken to Ollie, so they must have known they were about to take over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 23, 2020, 12:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,343
Gold Stars: 309
There are some short term memories on here.....Dave Moore cannot be part of a dream team. Great player, bloody good physio, legendary servant to the club, I would have his children.....but not a manager.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
londonmariner2
December 23, 2020, 12:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Anthony Limbrick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
grimsby pete
December 23, 2020, 12:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Dave Moore has done it before and also managed the scunts but we will forgive him for that. Ben Davies has got his coaching badges so he can help. I would like Mora is to just concentrate on his playing at the moment he is out best player and don't want him distracted.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
ginnywings
December 23, 2020, 12:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from londonmariner2
Anthony Limbrick

I sincerely hope we are more ambitious than that. We need someone who has experience of this level and contacts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
December 23, 2020, 1:01pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from londonmariner2
Anthony Limbrick

Another individual who was only in it for himself, flatly refusing to take a temporary pay cut to help the club out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2020, 1:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,030
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from ginnywings
Perhaps the new lot have already done some work in this area. They may have already sounded out some candidates. They have spoken to Ollie, so they must have known they were about to take over.

I suspect there may be something in this, I do think that Ollie is savvy enough to know a new owner may not be as patient as the old one.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Tommy
December 23, 2020, 2:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76

Another individual who was only in it for himself, flatly refusing to take a temporary pay cut to help the club out.

I take it you think every single player on our books is in it for themselves too then? Since they refused to take a paycut.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In the mean time.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.