7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
January 31, 2021, 3:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117

Mate, it ain't nowhere near as bad as it used to be. The way the leagues operate now is TOTALLY different to how it was back in the 20th Century. Back then, a committee of chairman decided your fate. A team could have won what would now be called The National league by 20 pts and still be denied entry to The Football League. Nowadays, as long as you meet a few mainly ground safety requirements, promotion back if you win it, is guaranteed. I see the National league nowadays as just another tier of football. A drop down isn't the life sentence it once was. Take my local non league club where i live now " Gainsborough Trinity ". On several occasions during the 20 century they won what is now called the National League and were eligible for promotion to the Football league(and most of us nowadays would accept it as a given), but not back then. They were denied entry because...well..they just were'nt sexy enough at the time. Can you begin to imagine how that must have felt for the supporters of the "other" GTFC?. At least nowadays we know what we have got to do to get back. UTM

You seem to be forgetting the huge loss in income. When we went down in 2010  we were told we would be losing £500,000 a season.

Do you think the new investors are going to be singing the praises of going to the likes of Bromley, Solihull, Kings Lynn, Wealdstone again.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
cannylad68
January 31, 2021, 8:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
It concerns me that maybe GTFC isn't a priority with the new owners.

Isn't this just part of the overall package?

Even without a purpose built new ground, perhaps Blundell Park may become just another housing development.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.