1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
February 6, 2021, 7:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,995
Gold Stars: 363
Today's debut makers took our total players used in league matches this season to 42. The same amount we used in 2009/10.

In all competition we've had 44 different players on the pitch this season. 2 more than 2009/10 as all used players that season featured in at least 1 league match..
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Northbank Mariner
February 6, 2021, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,564
Gold Stars: 173
That'll change now, I'd be surprised to see any changes from today's starring line up until the end of the season.
Maybe LJL for Hanson, can see Lamy starting out on the left, Idris moving into the middle and Clifton dropping to the bench...
I honestly think the team/squad we saw today will be the core going forward and if this had been the start of the season I reckon this lot would be pushing too half or on the edge of the play off spots
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
RonMariner
February 6, 2021, 11:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,917
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
That'll change now, I'd be surprised to see any changes from today's starring line up until the end of the season.
Maybe LJL for Hanson, can see Lamy starting out on the left, Idris moving into the middle and Clifton dropping to the bench...
I honestly think the team/squad we saw today will be the core going forward and if this had been the start of the season I reckon this lot would be pushing too half or on the edge of the play off spots

I hope you are right, but the fact that they lost to a badly out of form side with only 10 men for over half of the match doesn't bode well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
oochiad
February 7, 2021, 12:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,727
Gold Stars: 28
They weren’t beaten easily. 10 men is difficult to play against as they usually shut up shop and Newport are still in the playoffs after having their bad patch, clearly they have class to be still in that position.  That’s the true picture.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Hagrid
February 7, 2021, 12:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 545
No the true picture is we were out-thought by 10 men

And we dont have time to bed in new players. We’ve got to start picking up points and i just cant see how we’ve got the time or squad to do it. This is Woods ala 2009/10. If you cannot see the trouble we are in you’re delusional
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
arryarryarry
February 7, 2021, 1:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,018
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from oochiad
They weren’t beaten easily. 10 men is difficult to play against as they usually shut up shop and Newport are still in the playoffs after having their bad patch, clearly they have class to be still in that position.  That’s the true picture.....

They may still be in the play-offs but I thought that first 45 minutes was one of the worst 45 minutes I have seen from an oppostion team this season.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 7, 2021, 2:07am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Hagrid
No the true picture is we were out-thought by 10 men

And we dont have time to bed in new players. We’ve got to start picking up points and i just cant see how we’ve got the time or squad to do it. This is Woods ala 2009/10. If you cannot see the trouble we are in you’re delusional

Exactly this, the uphill struggle gets steeper each game. Although in theory we could lose the next 5 games but finish on a solid 8 game winning streak theres zero chance of that happening in reality. Theres a tipping point where the form required to stay up would be mentally unsustainable and i dont think were far off.
I do think the team we have now is good but the pressure on them now is immense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
pen penfras
February 7, 2021, 11:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -123
Gold Stars: 72

Exactly this, the uphill struggle gets steeper each game. Although in theory we could lose the next 5 games but finish on a solid 8 game winning streak theres zero chance of that happening in reality. Theres a tipping point where the form required to stay up would be mentally unsustainable and i dont think were far off.
I do think the team we have now is good but the pressure on them now is immense

We're only a few points from Barrow. Planning that we need to win 8 games is ridiculous, because if we're too excrement to do it, then so are they. We still have to play them so a win in that game gives us a good chance of getting enough points. Payne and LJL showed more in that last game than our forwards have all season. Matete and Adams look creative.

We're in a bad position, but our awful team under Holloway picked up enough points to not be in the bottom 2 after nearly 20 games, so I'm confident this team can do better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2009/10

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.