Sandford1981
March 14, 2021, 5:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

Do you consider regime to be owners, management, players or all of them?

Owners and board.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
Zmariner
March 14, 2021, 5:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
If we get relegated, which is highly likely, then I shall not quit on my club with my support.

I will continue to support my team, continue to buy my tickets, and my support will be unerring and I’ll play my part in cheering the club back to the football league yet again. No matter how long it takes

My support is unconditional and I offer the manager and players (whoever they are) and the new owners my total support

I appreciate, the we'll support you ever more approach. Like most on here I have served my time. I am embarassed at this point to be a mariners fan. Supporters of other clubs tend to pity us rather than laugh at us in my experience. My colleagues don't even make jokes any more as we are too pathetic.
Years of abysmal league positions with regular relegations. Pathetic , an embarassment to our great town and at this point absolutely undeserving of loyalty.
I will be back when we are competitive , there is some pride and we can hold our heads up again but now as we lurch back to non league after trying our best to get there since we got promoted I will wait.
Show me some green shoots of recovery, some hope , some pride , passion and I will run back for now ...... stick it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
DB
March 14, 2021, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.36
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Sandford1981

Owners and board.

The board includes 2 from the Trust so would you clear these out as well. I mention this because as I understood the RH interview with Kristine the trust do not intend to ask for their £200k worth of shares back.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
DB
March 14, 2021, 5:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner

I appreciate, the we'll support you ever more approach. Like most on here I have served my time. I am embarassed at this point to be a mariners fan. Supporters of other clubs tend to pity us rather than laugh at us in my experience. My colleagues don't even make jokes any more as we are too pathetic.
Years of abysmal league positions with regular relegations. Pathetic , an embarassment to our great town and at this point absolutely undeserving of loyalty.
I will be back when we are competitive , there is some pride and we can hold our heads up again but now as we lurch back to non league after trying our best to get there since we got promoted I will wait.
Show me some green shoots of recovery, some hope , some pride , passion and I will run back for now ...... stick it.

Hurst mentioned a board meeting the other day. It is likely the green shoots of recovery is the grass in each corner of the pitch. The board may Hope their freebies continue a little longer with the delay of the takeover while their Passion of contempt for the fans continues until the end of their term. No doubt, along with their supporters the board will have Pride in what they have done.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
Sandford1981
March 14, 2021, 5:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Quoted from DB

The board includes 2 from the Trust so would you clear these out as well. I mention this because as I understood the RH interview with Kristine the trust do not intend to ask for their £200k worth of shares back.

My apologies, I should have been clear from the outset. When Fenty has finally buggered off, I will return to BP.
Hope that clears up any ambiguity.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
moosey_club
March 14, 2021, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Sandford1981

My apologies, I should have been clear from the outset. When Fenty has finally buggered off, I will return to BP.

I thought he was lying dead in a service station having been attacked by "supporters" yesterday, ironically cause of death a broken flag pole.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
TwoLeftFeet
March 14, 2021, 5:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Absolutely won't be setting foot in BP whilst the current regime is in charge. All I want like a lot of fans is to be competitive against teams and towns of an equal size.
To be able to keep players when they do well and have perhaps earned a slight pay increase.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
Dogger Bank
March 14, 2021, 5:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from DB

If this is true then it's a disgrace. The Trust have a duty to ask for the shares back and Fenty should have the decency to hand them over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 14, 2021, 6:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
I will maintain my boycott, which has been in place since Jolleys team stayed up, until such time as Fenty has gone and all vestiges of his time at the club have been removed, this does not mean the team and it's manager. Maybe then I can perhaps learn to love the club again, because at the moment I don't. Fenty took something away from me and I don't know whether I'll ever find it again.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
DB
March 14, 2021, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Certainly does and I think you speak for many, not only on here but all supporters.( except Fillipe & Co)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unconditional

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.