Grantham_Mariner
April 10, 2021, 9:37am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 52
The important question is.......

.................When J S Fenty goes, does Fillipe Noche go as well ?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 128
immariner
April 10, 2021, 9:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from aldi_01

My view has always been that Shutes walking at this stage was tactic. He was never the money man, a facilitator or negotiator perhaps but he never appeared as a money man.

I can see him slipping back in to the club before Christmas...

If he waen't the money man, what would be the strategic value of him pulling out? I dunno, the day before it was announced Shutes had pulled out, he resigned as director of Grimsby Youth Zone, of which Jason Stockwood is also a director. Indicator of potential breakdown in relationship? Interestingly, in that same week Shutes also set up two companies called Grimsby Freeport Holdings Limited and Grimsby Freeport Company Limited. This was hot in the wake of the announcement that Grimsby and Immimgham would be granted freeport status, so maybe Shutes felt he wouldn't have the time to invest in GTFC as he would have wanted to. All complete conjecture but one thing is for certain, interesting times ahead for Grimsby, town and football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 128
KingstonMariner
April 10, 2021, 9:45am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Interesting, going private means less regulation, no need to let the world see your accounts (inc non board member shareholders I think?}

Think it also means they can control who could buy shares in the company meaning no takeovers unless they want to sell.

Could increase the value of shares as not reliant on stock market valuations as much.

Interesting times ahead

The price of shares ironically doesn’t rely on stock market valuation. They’re £1 each in effect. That’s pretty much fixed unless an individual wants to sell for less. The switch to private LTD company won’t have any effect necessarily on the value of shares.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 128
Fillipe Noche
April 10, 2021, 9:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

So you’ve always been a hanger on a type 😋

No not at all. I’ve been employed in a number of board roles. In addition to owning 100% and minority equity stakes in various organisations. From buy ins, acquisitions, mergers, rescues and turnaround scenarios. Also when being appointed as an official Administrator and leading on business liquidation projects.

But thanks for the insult. I trust you feel it was adequately deflected
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 128
Fillipe Noche
April 10, 2021, 9:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Absolutely not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 128
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 10, 2021, 9:48am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I have got everything crossed here

[img]https://miro.medium.com/max/800/1*Zl8LyaQDGezYPxOMOfCVDw.jpeg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 128
KingstonMariner
April 10, 2021, 9:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.03
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Someone said something about this means Stockwood and Petit will become majority shareholders. It doesn’t. They are buying Fenty’s shares through ‘1878’. That’s still only 40%.

As a next stage I guess they might offer to buy out the rest. I hope the Trust doesn’t decide to sell out.

Whilst good news that Fenty won’t be on the board, we still don’t know about his minions. Not about his loans - the announcement is silent on that. Whilst he still has outstanding loans he could still be an influence- eg if the terms of the loan is that he can call them in at any time.

Also note Phil revealing that Fenty’s loans are via companies that he controls. If they go into admin  they will be forced to recall them (subject to the terms).

Plus there’s plenty of time between now and May 5th for things to go wrong.

Guarded optimism from me.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 128
Davec
April 10, 2021, 9:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Hagrid

Yeah our top scoring striker..... shutup man

Ridiculous isn't it.

I really don't get the hate of John Lewis, of course he isn't the perfect striker and nobody claims he is, and there are better players out there but the fact is at this present time he offers more than any other striker we have.

And the fact somebody used a thread about Fenty selling up to bring up LJL... I suppose some people are just desperate to criticise John Lewis.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 128
Fillipe Noche
April 10, 2021, 9:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from immariner

If he waen't the money man, what would be the strategic value of him pulling out? I dunno, the day before it was announced Shutes had pulled out, he resigned as director of Grimsby Youth Zone, of which Jason Stockwood is also a director. Indicator of potential breakdown in relationship? Interestingly, in that same week Shutes also set up two companies called Grimsby Freeport Holdings Limited and Grimsby Freeport Company Limited. This was hot in the wake of the announcement that Grimsby and Immimgham would be granted freeport status, so maybe Shutes felt he wouldn't have the time to invest in GTFC as he would have wanted to. All complete conjecture but one thing is for certain, interesting times ahead for Grimsby, town and football club.

Now you are getting close.

You are now starting to put the pieces into the jigsaw.

Consider for a moment the motivations of the three individuals of the consortium.

Stockwood and Petit certainly have GTFC in their hearts. Shutes has always been driven by regeneration and business opportunities that the Town presents. Particularly with regards to his historical interest with LadyS Rd and the Docks.

I’ve no doubt that Shutes will pop up somewhere again on our journey. Probably when the subject of a community stadium crops up again. He would sooner be profiting from collecting profit from GTFC via rental from a community stadium. He’s more interested in that than he is in the hassle of having to be involved in running a successful football club with fan expectations
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 128
Squinter
April 10, 2021, 9:57am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

So you’ve always been a hanger on a type 😋

Fenty's clagnut 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A Message For Shareholders Of GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.