toontown
August 1, 2021, 10:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Hagrid

I’d not be at all surprised if Pearson does not start the season in the first 11

What makes you say that hagrid, do you think waterfall will be picked ahead of him? That would surprise me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Son of Cod
August 1, 2021, 10:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,352
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from fishboyUTM
We've still time to bring the TWO forward players we NEED in. But the question does need to be asked why they aren't at Cheapside and settling in.

I would love us to re-sign Charles Vernam and Kabongo Tshimanga. Easier said than done I appreciate. I'm sure PH and the CEO will be doing their very best to bring the required quality in, if we have to pay more than we'd like then we must do that.

Appreciate it's easy to spend other peoples money, but we are short and there is only one automatic promotion places up for grabs, can we agree we are past the point of aiming for play offs in this league under the ownership of the unmentionable?

I don't think we ever were aiming for the playoffs. Surely every single team in the division sets out trying to win every match and therefore to win the division. There's a difference between aiming for the playoffs and being blown out of the water budget wise for the only automatic spot in the division which is what happened almost every year we were in the Conference before and might well happen again this time round too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 1, 2021, 10:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
A bit of guesswork here. Hurst already has two workhorses for the front line so at this stage he may only need one further striker, someone who can play a bit of fox in the box.

Lack of goals is not just a results problem in itself. It affects the confidence of the whole team. If they know their good play will have a good chance of being rewarded with a goal, that are less likely to be defensive minded and revert to the  old sideways, sideways, back and bang routine.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Hagrid
August 1, 2021, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,528
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from toontown

What makes you say that hagrid, do you think waterfall will be picked ahead of him? That would surprise me

I do yes, just an inkling,
Waterfall and DLK started the Rotherham friendly and imo that will be our starting line up come Bromley

Of couse im probably wrong😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
jamesgtfc
August 1, 2021, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,106
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Hagrid

I do yes, just an inkling,
Waterfall and DLK started the Rotherham friendly and imo that will be our starting line up come Bromley

Of couse im probably wrong😂

We've got Alfreton on Tuesday and Burnley U23s Wednesday and I'm not sure how we will approach those but if Waterfall starts against Boston on Saturday, you might be onto something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
forza ivano
August 1, 2021, 11:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
dunno what you're worried about. Top insider Filipe has told us a centre forward is on his way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Theimperialcoroner
August 1, 2021, 11:30am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,336
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from It Bites
Will kill us this season unless we act fast

Most insightful post I’ve ever seen

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lack of goals

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.