TAGG
April 6, 2022, 9:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from It Bites
I see a section of our great fan base continue to let the club down . Just heard on national radio about Saturdays exploits involving Drugs , fighting and just general simpleton behaviour. Good work guys đź‘Ťđź‘Ť.

We're you there??
Have you ever been young?
Have you ever seen overzealous stewarding?
Police profiling, as in any away fans are scum.
The head steward was an absolute div and the copper in charge had a face like a smacked bottom all game and looked like he couldn't wait for the next bundle in.

It was a great game and great day out but there are always miserable twits about who just can't wait to put a downer on things.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
hheh2
April 6, 2022, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from RobDef1
I'll ask you this, were you actually there? And if so, why has it taken the national media to goad you into writing this post, 4 days later? If you weren't there, why are you listening to the national media and making this post? Football violence and Police brutality have perpetuated each other for decades. And extensive studies show that it is on the DECREASE, with 89% of surveyed fans expressing that opinion. Yet The Guardian, for one, have released 6 stories so far just this year about 'the rise of football hooliganism', it is a fire they have continually stoked for years and years, posts like this just help their narrative, and do no good other than help them justify their bullsh!t.

Well said you put it right, Headlines make them money they are fornicators

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
arryarryarry
April 6, 2022, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Total Hawsehole
Lay off the fan base. I've travelled a lot with Town fans and have never seen them intimidate disabled supporters, attack family groups or single out individual opposition supporters for a beating. I have seen all three of these done to our supporters by others. Stop stirring the pot or you play into the hands of the media and the early kick off apparatchiks!

According to Radio Humberside some Town fans were arrested for being in possession of pyrotechnics.

Can't say if that is actually true, all I would say is that anyone whoever they support takes a smoke bomb into a football ground is a first class girl private and should be banned for life.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
MuddyWaters
April 6, 2022, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
I’d like to take my son (who is autistic) to more away games but the number of times he gets checked worries him and it gets to the point where it’s not worth the aggravation. I have to say that I’m of the belief that the behaviour of the minority makes it more difficult for the majority and it’s probably getting to the point where longer term punishments need to be put in place. It’s not fair to be guilty by association.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
bradzmilne
April 6, 2022, 10:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
For what it’s worth, I thought the police were excellent on Saturday.

My younger brother had quite a severe diabetic episode, which coincidentally looks quite similar to someone being intoxicated.

19 yo, dressed in a way that could be described as “casual”.

I rang an ambulance post the game; “up to ten hours”, rang a local taxi firm “two to three hours”. Flagged a police car down, took him to the hospital with no questions asked. Turned out he’d gone into a state of DKA as his insulin pump had disconnected. He spent the evening in Chesterfield hospital and we returned home late afternoon on Sunday.

Can’t thank the police enough for their swift action.

UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
MarinerWY
April 6, 2022, 10:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from bradzmilne
For what it’s worth, I thought the police were excellent on Saturday.

My younger brother had quite a severe diabetic episode, which coincidentally looks quite similar to someone being intoxicated.

19 yo, dressed in a way that could be described as “casual”.

I rang an ambulance post the game; “up to ten hours”, rang a local taxi firm “two to three hours”. Flagged a police car down, took him to the hospital with no questions asked. Turned out he’d gone into a state of DKA as his insulin pump had disconnected. He spent the evening in Chesterfield hospital and we returned home late afternoon on Sunday.

Can’t thank the police enough for their swift action.

UTM

Glad to hear the police reacted well and fair play. Hope you're brother is OK now.

I had a different perspective of the policing in the stadium. I thought their strong presence in front of the advertising boards escalated things (it was the polar opposite to Notts County where they took a backseat during the match) and saw some very aggressive behaviour, including a copper grabbing a fan by the scruff of the neck and appearing to square up to him before pushing him away. I don't care whats been said to you, your job as a police officer is to not rise to that. Also saw some badge numbers covered up which is always a worrying sign.

I thought their way of approaching it wasn't conducive to diffusing situations: no dialogue and aggressive. Seen police handle things much better tbh.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
aldi_01
April 6, 2022, 10:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I’d like to take my son (who is autistic) to more away games but the number of times he gets checked worries him and it gets to the point where it’s not worth the aggravation. I have to say that I’m of the belief that the behaviour of the minority makes it more difficult for the majority and it’s probably getting to the point where longer term punishments need to be put in place. It’s not fair to be guilty by association.

The inconsistent approach to stewarding causes these issues.

In some countries they searche everyone as a matter of course. I’m not saying that should happen but if it did, in this instance you could have that discussion prior to attending a game, even model what is likely to happen and provide some context.

The fact it’s sporadic and 99% of the time just absolute guess work doesn’t help situations like this in the slightest.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
jamesgtfc
April 6, 2022, 10:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,084
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MarinerWY

Glad to hear the police reacted well and fair play. Hope you're brother is OK now.

I had a different perspective of the policing in the stadium. I thought their strong presence in front of the advertising boards escalated things (it was the polar opposite to Notts County where they took a backseat during the match) and saw some very aggressive behaviour, including a copper grabbing a fan by the scruff of the neck and appearing to square up to him before pushing him away. I don't care whats been said to you, your job as a police officer is to not rise to that. Also saw some badge numbers covered up which is always a worrying sign.

I thought their way of approaching it wasn't conducive to diffusing situations: no dialogue and aggressive. Seen police handle things much better tbh.

There was a similar situation over in Nottinghamshire at Mansfield a few years ago. Loads of police clearly bored and standing in front of fans telling them to sit down. Fans explained they can't see if they sit down as the police are blocking their view. The police response was to forcibly eject and the rows behind started having a pop at them as it was clearly out of order.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
MuddyWaters
April 6, 2022, 11:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01

The inconsistent approach to stewarding causes these issues.

In some countries they searche everyone as a matter of course. I’m not saying that should happen but if it did, in this instance you could have that discussion prior to attending a game, even model what is likely to happen and provide some context.

The fact it’s sporadic and 99% of the time just absolute guess work doesn’t help situations like this in the slightest.

We can go to an airport and he can put a sunflower lanyard on and be fast tracked ,however so many have used this as a loophole, it’s becoming even more difficult.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
The Yard Dog
April 7, 2022, 12:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,521
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from TAGG

We're you there??
Have you ever been young?
Have you ever seen overzealous stewarding?
Police profiling, as in any away fans are scum.
[/b]The head steward was an absolute div [b]and the copper in charge had a face like a smacked bottom all game and looked like he couldn't wait for the next bundle in.

It was a great game and great day out but there are always miserable twits about who just can't wait to put a downer on things.

R Kid is a official photographer for Town, while working pitchside he asked a steward if he would move, which he did, he then asked the same of the head steward for the away stand, who refused and stood directly on front of R kid and swore at him.  The guy was a total knob and should not be allowed to be a steward.  R Kid was just working and had to put with that kind of behaviour.  He did report the incident to the person in charge at Chesterfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Simpletons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.