16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
July 25, 2022, 10:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
It seems all clubs are struggling in supplying shirts for fans.

Read BBC Webbo https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 155
Perkins
July 25, 2022, 10:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from GrimPol
It seems all clubs are struggling in supplying shirts for fans.

Read BBC Webbo https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

And there lies the problem, Asia. Even though our shirt manufacturer Macron is an Italian company, the shirts are made in China.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 155
Madeleymariner
July 25, 2022, 11:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,073
Gold Stars: 52
Perhaps with new ethos we can find a company that manufactures them here for next season (I know the last time we did it they were poor quality) But needs looking at surely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 155
jamesgtfc
July 25, 2022, 12:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,084
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Perhaps with new ethos we can find a company that manufactures them here for next season (I know the last time we did it they were poor quality) But needs looking at surely

Where do Hope and Glory manufacture their kits? They are supplying Cleethorpes and Broadley so Matt who runs Broadley FC might actually have some insight into their manufacturing. I suspect virtually every supplier has them made in the Far East or India, Bangladesh etc.

I think the Macron deal has another year to run too but I would like to think progressive owners across the pyramid will look to get next seasons kits signed off earlier and seek some guarantees regarding supply.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 155
Poojah
July 25, 2022, 12:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,003
Gold Stars: 1,534
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Where do Hope and Glory manufacture their kits? They are supplying Cleethorpes and Broadley so Matt who runs Broadley FC might actually have some insight into their manufacturing. I suspect virtually every supplier has them made in the Far East or India, Bangladesh etc.

I think the Macron deal has another year to run too but I would like to think progressive owners across the pyramid will look to get next seasons kits signed off earlier and seek some guarantees regarding supply.

Designed and manufactured in Oldham. They do some decent looking gear to be fair…

https://hopeandglorysportswear.co.uk/

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 155
immariner
July 25, 2022, 1:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Perkins

And there lies the problem, Asia. Even though our shirt manufacturer Macron is an Italian company, the shirts are made in China.

Oh! Thanks for that. I thought they were made in Italy. I probably won't be buying one. The club doesn't see all that much from a shirt sale anyway, especially with the ST discount
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 155
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 25, 2022, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,060
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from Madeleymariner

I believe the club are looking at a factory to produce it in weatherfield, Manchester

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 155
GrimPol
July 25, 2022, 2:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Poojah

Designed and manufactured in Oldham. They do some decent looking gear to be fair…

https://hopeandglorysportswear.co.uk/

Shirts
Authentic (players) V Replica (fans) differ in quality of material and finish. So whilst the Hi Tech shirts can and are designed/manufactured in the UK, its the replica shirts that are the problem, UK doesn't have the sweat-shops that China has. But the price is not that expensive at the beginning of manufacture.  
This is an excerpt from a BBC Business report
"Typically, around 5.8% (£3.48 of the cost of a £60 replica shirt is the cost of the fabric, sewing and shipping, according to Rohlmann. About 11.5% (£6.90) of the sale price is profit for the manufacturer while the club receives just 3.6% (£2.16) of the sale price as its licensing fee. Retailers take a considerable chunk of the pie, with 22% (£13.2) of the shirt price accounting for their profit. The rest of the price(£34.26)  is gobbled up by VAT, distribution and marketing costs."

If some enterprising clubs banded together and approached a UK design House/manufacturer then I bet all could be to everyone's satisfaction.
Income for the Clubs, great gear for the fans, employment for the UK.
It won't happen though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 155
Mayaman
July 25, 2022, 5:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,448
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Cleethorpes shirts are much better quality than Town's and 13 quid cheaper. The badges are top notch.  Town's looks cheap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 155
aldi_01
July 25, 2022, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Mayaman

Cleethorpes shirts are much better quality than Town's and 13 quid cheaper. The badges are top notch.  Town's looks cheap.

When you’re not making as many I guess you can take more time and care with the quality…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 155
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New shirt officially unveiled

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.