10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Wiley2405
August 20, 2022, 7:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Absolute dross game, which we could have won. Disallowed goal for nothing and 2 one on one’s missed. Hurst has come out and said it was terrible. We clearly need some additions, or Khan to come back and give us that little bit we are missing.

Let’s not forget unbeaten in 3, Sutton were up towards the play offs last season (somehow) we have played a Orient team who remain unbeaten, a Northampton team who were one of the favourites to go up, a Rochdale team who we beat away from home and a team who again finished just outside the play offs last season.

It’s been a decent start results wise, we still have a game in hand also.

Hurst knows what we need and before the end of the month I’m sure we will get some players in.

That’s me being positive but play like that Tuesday against Forest we could get an absolute thumping.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 90
RonMariner
August 20, 2022, 7:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,915
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Mariner_501

2 goals in 4 games says it all.  

Well another thing that says it all if the fact that the last two homes games have been against the team who missed out on automatic promotion on goal different last season, and the team that finished one point outside the playoffs last season, and we matched them both. In between we won away, and thrashed a team who were in L1 last season in the cup.

So we are already competing at a pretty impressive level given that we are newly promoted, had a very short close season, and have several players, including our best player and three of our new signings, out injured.

Personally I would say that 'says it all' at this point.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 90
TAGG
August 20, 2022, 7:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from RonMariner

Well another thing that says it all if the fact that the last two homes games have been against the team who missed out on automatic promotion on goal different last season, and the team that finished one point outside the playoffs last season, and we matched them both. In between we won away, and thrashed a team who were in L1 last season in the cup.

So we are already competing at a pretty impressive level given that we are newly promoted, had a very short close season, and have several players, including our best player and three of our new signings, out injured.

Great point well made.
Well said bloke.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 90
August 20, 2022, 8:08pm
Guest User
A couple of seasons ago we’d have lost that 2 or 3 nil. Felt like we were playing a rugby league team. No, I didn’t enjoy it either, killed by the ref. Nevertheless unbeaten in 4 and a delight to hear the Scunts moaning on Hullberside on the journey home.
Reply: 33 - 90
Poojah
August 20, 2022, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,066
Gold Stars: 1,536
Quoted from RonMariner

I’d add to that the fact that Stockport, who looked so impressive against us at BP last season before going down to 10 men, have lost 4 out of their first 5.

Our start has been “steady”, a single defeat due to a harsh penalty and a wonder goal, two draws and a victory in the league plus one in the cup is ok with me as something to build on. Attacking reinforcements needed but that’s so obvious you know the club will be working day and night to do something in that respect.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 90
ginnywings
August 20, 2022, 8:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Won't comment on the game. Enough said already on how poor it was but I've just spent a couple of hours with a few Sutton fans in the No2 and they have had a great day out and commented on how friendly everyone has been to them and what a good time they have had.

That's what footy is all about and they could easily be Palace fans, but support their club with pride. Good set of lads and lasses and were chuffed with a point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 90
It Bites
August 20, 2022, 8:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,242
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from ginnywings
Won't comment on the game. Enough said already on how poor it was but I've just spent a couple of hours with a few Sutton fans in the No2 and they have had a great day out and commented on how friendly everyone has been to them and what a good time they have had.

That's what footy is all about and they could easily be Palace fans, but support their club with pride. Good set of lads and lasses and were chuffed with a point.

Your right . That's certainly what footy is about . Saw a few of them enjoying fish and chips on the prom
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 90
August 20, 2022, 8:23pm
Guest User
By the way, was the smell what I think it was?
Reply: 37 - 90
fishcake63
August 20, 2022, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Thought pepple was the one positive from today , ok he perhaps should have scored but if he started today we win that game , 3 clean sheets on bounce a good base to build on a good job because goals at a premium
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 90
somersetmariner
August 20, 2022, 8:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from male private Nale
It seems we really are a one man team

a true WUM and plonker !

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.