HertsGTFC
September 9, 2022, 11:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from heppy88
Neither for, or against the Royalty. But for those of you who are against and can't possibly wait  to share your enlightened wisdom and opinions on the matter, can't you just show a modicum of respect and wait a few more days  ?
Not really showing the Fishy at its best to be honest.

Lesser things than the death of our sovereign who has conducted herself and a dignified manner for the whole of her life never mind her reign plunges the Fishy into rank stupidity. The green tick and red cross b*****x adds no value in reality and should be turned off.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
DB
September 9, 2022, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.34
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,069
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from mariner91

She was a teenage princess ffs. I guarantee you she did not work in any factories or fields and she certainly wasn't storming the beaches of Normandy. It is beyond crackers to claim that doing "her bit" during WW2 has any influence on my existence or anyone else's. Talk about trying to give credit where it isn't due.

I take it you won't be sending a condolence card.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
Poojah
September 9, 2022, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,060
Gold Stars: 1,536
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t think it was sudden to be fair, since her husband pooped his clogs she’s gone down hill and I suspect she’s been ill for quite some time. It was clear, with the announcement yesterday that she was going to die yesterday. I’m no royalist, far from it, I’d abolish the lot but I do read about them and the protocols etc. and they rarely give updates on the reigning monarchs health. They did it when she had covid and now this,

I think and hope this is the end of the monarchy in its current guise and they shift towards a more modern and open royal family, I mean Charles offering his brother to the police and the FBI would be a start but I won’t hold my breath.

She did her bit in the war but let’s not forget that her old man took some serious persuading by Churchill to stick around, not her fault but they could’ve gone had Churchill not done that. I’m certainly not buying the idea that she helped to keep our dear and great country ours. No more than my great grandad doing his bit. Collective success perhaps but she can’t claim anything more, nor would she to be honest.

An old lady has died, she’s led a varied life and along the way, regardless of what anyone says, she’s made mistakes. She’s done some good but was in a position that if anyone of us were, they would’ve done the same.

It’s hard to fully support the idea of national mourning and the likes when huge swathes of geriatric folk will be freezing and dying this winter. That children will go hungry and we still have the most embarrassing government, all whilst a crown worth so much it’s impossible to value will sit atop a box draped in a flag for us all to walk past should we wish…

Still, and I will say this, the image of her sat there, alone, at her husbands funeral should be a stark reminder to everyone jjst how disgusting, vile and downright opprobrious our government is. The countries monarch sat alone, following the rules, refusing the relaxation of rules to accommodate her husbands funeral, choosing to take the same path as you and I probably gained her some support in her final year…meanwhile her government, our government didn’t give a flying intercourse.

So whilst I’d abolish the monarchy, seeing democratically voted officials and their lackies just tossing it off and behaving like entitles little girl privates is something I’d equally like to see the back of. What a truly incompetent and contemptuous government.

That’s a fúcking great post mate. I’d stop short of abolishing the royal family personally, but that’s a brilliantly accurate and acerbic account of the state of things.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
Limerick Mariner
September 9, 2022, 1:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,788
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from jaygy
Should be King William IMO and I think I'm in the majority thinking that. People will not take to Charles and he will not ever win any popularity contests as the public have long memories

He’d gain some popularity with me if he said to Truss in their first meeting after the funeral - “can you please stop the water companies dumping shite into our rivers and onto our beaches - pdq”.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
Manchester Mariner
September 9, 2022, 1:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,827
Gold Stars: 41

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
Posh Harry
September 9, 2022, 2:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from mariner91

She was a teenage princess ffs. I guarantee you she did not work in any factories or fields and she certainly wasn't storming the beaches of Normandy. It is beyond crackers to claim that doing "her bit" during WW2 has any influence on my existence or anyone else's. Talk about trying to give credit where it isn't due.

She was the first female member of the royal family to serve in the forces in feb 1945 when after arguing with her parents since she turned 18 about wanting to join to help out in some way she became a truck mechanic in the auxiliary territorial service and worked until after VJ Day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
mariner91
September 9, 2022, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Posh Harry

She was the first female member of the royal family to serve in the forces in feb 1945 when after arguing with her parents since she turned 18 about wanting to join to help out in some way she became a truck mechanic in the auxiliary territorial service and worked until after VJ Day.

Terrific stuff. I'm sure I owe my whole existence to her then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
Posh Harry
September 9, 2022, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from mariner91

Terrific stuff. I'm sure I owe my whole existence to her then.

I was just pointing out that what you said was incorrect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
mariner91
September 9, 2022, 2:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,838
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Posh Harry

I was just pointing out that what you said was incorrect

Yep and I accept that. It is still ludicrous hyperbole to suggest that any of us, other than her direct descendants, owe our existence to her for fixing some engines in the final few months of the war.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Mariner John
September 9, 2022, 3:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +630
Gold Stars: 54
Because quite obviously tanks cars etc don't need serviceable engines to get from a to b
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Queen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.