MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

As opposed to not actually selling the seats?

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. What do you do, sell a reduced number of ST’s in the hope the empty seats sell

Totally get it but it ties up the best seats and the prospects of getting ‘on the day’ seats together. I know a family of four that have only been twice this season because of this and have gone to two Papa Johns games instead.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 100
ska face
December 26, 2022, 9:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,916
Gold Stars: 854
Attendances for the last 20 years would suggest that there aren’t queues of fans banging the gates down after the first 5800 seats are filled. 2 home wins all season, probably good to have 5800 sold at 70% of the price than 3000 at a few quid more.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 100
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 26, 2022, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,103
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Totally get it but it ties up the best seats and the prospects of getting ‘on the day’ seats together. I know a family of four that have only been twice this season because of this and have gone to two Papa Johns games instead.

So, what do you do? Not allow a certain amount of season tickets in the hope that they do get sold?

Not an argument here, as I totally see your point. Especially being an exile and should I be lucky enough to get over, I reckon I’d be scratching my bottom to try and get a ticket.

Then again, I know a few ‘town fans’ that bought season tickets at h**l just to see the big games. Maybe that’s the same with town? Could there be an opt in/opt out button to make ticket resales easier?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 100
Poojah
December 26, 2022, 11:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,065
Gold Stars: 1,536
Picked the wrong game to be in the home end. Not because the locals were hostile either; they were quite a well mannered bunch to give credit where it’s due. But having managed to successfully keep up the ruse for 90 minutes, that stoppage time winner squirrelling over the line sparked a rather awkward slippage of the mask.

Eyes fixed firmly on my toes as I squirmed out of the ground. Yet another away day to file under “FFS TOWN!”  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 100
immariner
December 26, 2022, 11:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The Osmond: *exists*

Solved it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 100
lukeo
December 27, 2022, 9:12am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from immariner

The Osmond: *exists*

Solved it.

This.
Although we'd much rather be in the main stand, if people really do want to go to watch town there's plenty of seats available to 95% of home games zo far. Tomorrow's game still has plenty of seats together in the osmond stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 100
pontoonlew
December 27, 2022, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from Poojah
Picked the wrong game to be in the home end. Not because the locals were hostile either; they were quite a well mannered bunch to give credit where it’s due. But having managed to successfully keep up the ruse for 90 minutes, that stoppage time winner squirrelling over the line sparked a rather awkward slippage of the mask.

Eyes fixed firmly on my toes as I squirmed out of the ground. Yet another away day to file under “FFS TOWN!”  

I too was in the home end, it’s funny watching it from that perspective because you realise how much the murmurings around you can affect your own view of the game.

The general consensus was that we were a good side, the ref was crap (I thought he was great) and that all our players went down too easily!

Weird place to watch football, felt like an exhibition crowd at times but fantastic views of the game. In the queue for a pint I heard a guy speaking about his terrific livestock and the rest about Leeds United, it’s a different world from our own home games but fair play to those who show up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 100
Rodley Mariner
December 27, 2022, 9:55am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,280
Gold Stars: 185
They will nearly all be watching Harrogate as their second team which makes for a weird atmosphere. I know a few who go and they're Leeds, Mann Utd, Spurs and Liverpool fans primarily.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 100
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2022, 10:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
They will nearly all be watching Harrogate as their second team which makes for a weird atmosphere. I know a few who go and they're Leeds, Mann Utd, Spurs and Liverpool fans primarily.

The Leeds, Liverpool & Man U bit I get but Spurs?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 100
1mickylyons
December 27, 2022, 10:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,418
Gold Stars: 56
TOC  I suggest you look at our average home gates for the past 25 years.To see nearly 6k ST sold and gates over 6k every home game for poor boring league 2 football and just two home wins is frankly staggering. Yesterday's defeat is purely down to a manager not having the will to win or killer instinct.PH has credit in the bank for promotion but plenty of fans are underwhelmed with the current football. Square pegs in round  holes everywhere you look and our best player being strangled and his threat reduced due to a stuborness to play 2 strikers .In the event Hurst left today I  for one would be optimistic of making the play offs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.