3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
toontown
February 26, 2023, 9:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Fantastic attitude and an absolute colossus in the air and a great leader to boot, loved LOVED his reaction to that winning goal at Wrexham and his immediate desire to go and tell Mullin what he thought of him lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Poojah
February 26, 2023, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,002
Gold Stars: 1,534
He’ll carry on through it all.
He’s Luke Waterfall.

Do do de do do do do do
Do do de do do do do do

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
diehardmariner
February 27, 2023, 11:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,752
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from pontoonlew
Looking back on the relegation season, him & Pollock suffered through having to play alongside each other. Individually great, but as a combination it was a disaster.

As a mark of the man, I had a bad injury last year which caused me to miss the whole play-off campaign, including the final. He found out about it and sent me a message. A small thing that meant an awful lot at the time.

Absolutely.

It was a perfect storm in many regards.  Left-wing was Owura Edwards who, whilst exciting going forward, was to defending what Barry Conlon was towards being sober.  Left-back was Danny Preston, bless him.  Exposed and well out of his depth.  It's no wonder teams were targetting that left side that was occupied by either Pollock or earlier Duncan Idehen.  Both young, in the case of Pollock carrying an injury and exposed.  Says everything that both managed to secure moves to Championship sides despite our relegation.

Waterfall was badly out of form all of that season, but he had literally nothing around him.  Either side of him or in front of him, everything was crumbling.  

His transformation is incredible, the only thing that comes close to it is Rob Jones after his very indifferent first season.

Slightly off topic with Idehen - just seen this that his loan was cancelled by Carlisle earlier this season because Paul Simpson didn't realise he couldn't play left wing-back! https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/.....hen-carlisle-7919418
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
monkeyboy
February 28, 2023, 5:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I still think we lost out letting Idehen go, still only 20.
He had an indifferent start but looked to have real promise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Trevor Whymark
March 12, 2023, 8:55pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
Gold Stars: 9
I dreamed a dream by the Dock side wall.
I kissed my girl by the Ross  factory wall
Dirty old Town
Dirty old Town

He's our centre half he's our no 6
Watch him defend ...and we watch him  score
He passes the ball
as calm as you like
He's luke waterfall  luke waterfall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Waterfall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.