4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
March 2, 2023, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
I’m more offended by the apology tbh. What even is the issue?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
chaos33
March 2, 2023, 2:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,992
Gold Stars: 364
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Let's not make ourselves the centre of a culture war clash over "wokeism" and the like, eh? Would be a great way to take the shine off last night.

There was clearly no intention to mock, but on the minefield of social media it's probably wise for the official account to tread carefully. No need to get angry about it either way.

Absolutely this.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
chicaneuk
March 2, 2023, 6:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Social media manager made a big mistake there.  Not the sort of negative publicity we want especially less than 24 hours after such a special evening. So disappointing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Stadium
March 2, 2023, 6:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
immariner
March 2, 2023, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
I get deleting it to a degree. No need to issue a statement though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Hagrid
March 2, 2023, 7:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,527
Gold Stars: 544
Well imwacca has deleted his twitter account in protest so at least 1 good thing has come of it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 2, 2023, 7:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Interestingly, if you type ‘what a day gif’ into Google, the first gif that appears is the Harvey Price one.

I can well imagine that it was posted completely innocently and in an excited rush.

However, there is no way I would have posted it on social media. That probably makes me a coward and more discriminatory that the person who posted the Tweet, as I’ve thought, he’s mixed race and disabled and my subconscious has actually discriminated against Harvey Price as being those two things.

Once the pile on started the only option for the club was to try to bury the story as quickly as possible, resulting in the apology.

I usually support the BBC but I don’t know why their news coverage is giving equal footing to last night’s football and at worst, a slightly clumsy Twitter faux pas.

It’s a complete non-story, and that’s coming from me, a Guardian reading, parsnip mash liberal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
arryarryarry
March 2, 2023, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
I'm probably the most anti-woke person you could meet but this was a silly thing for the club to post.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
Limerick Mariner
March 2, 2023, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,791
Gold Stars: 138
Interestingly, if you type ‘what a day gif’ into Google, the first gif that appears is the Harvey Price one.

I can well imagine that it was posted completely innocently and in an excited rush.

However, there is no way I would have posted it on social media. That probably makes me a coward and more discriminatory that the person who posted the Tweet, as I’ve thought, he’s mixed race and disabled and my subconscious has actually discriminated against Harvey Price as being those two things.

Once the pile on started the only option for the club was to try to bury the story as quickly as possible, resulting in the apology.

I usually support the BBC but I don’t know why their news coverage is giving equal footing to last night’s football and at worst, a slightly clumsy Twitter faux pas.

It’s a complete non-story, and that’s coming from me, a Guardian reading, parsnip mash liberal.

I'm also a Guardian reader. But I prefer raw turnip shaped like a c0ck, especially when wearing comedy breasts...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
KingsleysHair
March 2, 2023, 9:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 8
The lad in the video says “oh what a day” which is what the majority of us thought about last night…people linking it to discrimination because the lad is disabled are being discriminatory themselves.

Joe or Liam or whoever heads the Twitter would have meant absolutely nothing behind it. Some people just love to tell the world they’re offended by something.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.