9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
March 22, 2023, 6:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 157
Those that couldn’t go gave season ticket to others, or sold ticket on. Not a case of only season ticket holders attending

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 85
moosey_club
March 22, 2023, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’m really surprised at Jonathan Pearce has he’s generally pretty good and has a great knowledge of the game at all levels.

He was probably having flashbacks to his time on Robot Wars and slipped into "utter carnage and destruction"  mode, in fact I think I heard him say " Matilda went in a bit strong there " at one point in commentary.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 85
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 22, 2023, 6:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,791
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from marinerjase
Those that couldn’t go gave season ticket to others, or sold ticket on. Not a case of only season ticket holders attending

That I can understand but whole families getting tickets, as has been suggested, seems a little bit harder to grasp.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 85
mariner83
March 22, 2023, 6:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Could it have been a player's family?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 83 - 85
diehardmariner
March 23, 2023, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,819
Gold Stars: 545
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

That I can understand but whole families getting tickets, as has been suggested, seems a little bit harder to grasp.

Of course I could be wrong and they're season ticket holders, conceiving everyone of their children in the shadows of the Upper Smiths on the coldest day of the year.  

However...

Just disappointing when I know of plenty of fans who were desperate to go but couldn't, even a couple of season ticket holders who missed the boat.  
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 85
BrMarin
March 24, 2023, 5:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Sid the Seagull

I think you have to give credit to your lads for actually coming down and doing that instead of resorting to clogging our players off the park.  

I wonder why you think that 😂. Brighton weren't going to be complacent, we weren't going to beat them on technical ability or fitness. Our formation and effort were ok, but we weren't great. Maybe we could have wound them up a bit and they might have lost focus, like that Southampton lad did. I don't think there was even a yellow card in the game? We would almost definitely have still lost,
but I would have considered using some shithousery personallly...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.