Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 58.

Just Back

This thread currently has 5,913 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
April 17, 2024, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,292
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GrimPol

The fact that DA + Others had a meeting and changed direction, from the direction that DA set them on from the PH direction, meant it wasn't working.
I have said from the outset that DA was the wrong Manager at the wrong time, not that I have anything against him on a personal level, its just that he hadn't enough mileage in saving clubs, and he had been out of football for 18 months, and we needed someone who still had mud on his boots from the last job. He made mistakes while getting acclimatised back into football, which we are suffering from.
However the January newbies are a bit better, but as this forum cannot make its mind up who actually has the final say in recruiting, that's either down to DA or some background figure. So basically I don't know. Nobody knows.
What I do know is that DA and his helpers cannot seem to instill the basics of football. If a team is poor in passing, corner kicks, freekicks, heading  and throwing, there's not much left is there? If DA stays, and his little helpers, what makes anyone think its going to be better next season, always assuming Crawley or MKDons do us a favour, or we get something out of Swindon or Crawley and we stay in the League?    Up The Bleeding Mariners

He's steered us away from relegation when everyone thought we was doomed with a squad of idiots that don't know there behind from the elbow. Artell has said numerous times that Joe was in charge of recruitment and bringing him the players. Artell has final say on the players and who he wants but Joe does most the work as that's his job... it's another stick people want to beat Artell with that the January signings wasn't his... well in the summer it's common knowledge that Hurst went against Joe and look what happened. We've been left with this shower of shite, Artell still has final say over everything at the football club as that's his job and if things go wrong then it's his job on the line, so the rumours that players forced the tactic on him or the signings weren't his are just well and truly false.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 66
hampshiremariner
April 17, 2024, 5:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Talk about being the better team is irrelevant wthen they scored two and we scored nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Posh Harry
April 17, 2024, 5:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Because the team have performed well in a handful of games makes the season worse in one way.  They can reach these standards, but for x reasons have not done so in the vast majority of games.

I can probably hit 1 in 3 of my golf drives well. The fact that I can’t do it all the time shows my level as a golfer. They are league 2 footballers because they can play to a good level, but not consistently.

The real question is, like if I took golf lessons to improve, which of them are capable of improving to be able to do it on a more regular basis. That is what the manager will need to decide during the close season when he has got more time to work with them than what he has between games, without the pressure on. Those he knows can’t will probably be moved on, those he thinks can will either stay or be offered a new deal, buts that the job of a manager/head coach.

Whatever happens, assuming DA is in charge next season (and if we stay up I would be amazed if he isn’t), it is going to be a lively and intriguing close season with lots of incomings and outgoings.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
cardiffmariner
April 17, 2024, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Posh Harry

I can probably hit 1 in 3 of my golf drives well. The fact that I can’t do it all the time shows my level as a golfer. They are league 2 footballers because they can play to a good level, but not consistently.

The real question is, like if I took golf lessons to improve, which of them are capable of improving to be able to do it on a more regular basis. That is what the manager will need to decide during the close season when he has got more time to work with them than what he has between games, without the pressure on. Those he knows can’t will probably be moved on, those he thinks can will either stay or be offered a new deal, buts that the job of a manager/head coach.

Whatever happens, assuming DA is in charge next season (and if we stay up I would be amazed if he isn’t), it is going to be a lively and intriguing close season with lots of incomings and outgoings.

UTFM

What about all the other League Two footballers who play for the teams above us?

The analogy doesn’t work. They need to be consistent for the standard (League Two) they are at. They are not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 66
rancido
April 17, 2024, 7:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,607
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

You could say the same about most comments on this site.

I was told by a member of staff.

Yes I don't want Artell as manager.

Source?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
Lincspoacher
April 17, 2024, 7:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +303
Gold Stars: 15
Delayed responding to this as normal as was so cheesed off last night tbh.

In relation to DA saying we were the far better team, I can see why he would think that in the 2nd half based on how we came out in the 2nd half, but do think it’s a nuanced view. Yes, we knocked it about as well as I have seen since Salford away, but the final ball was woeful and the strikers would have scored by luck more than design.

We looked quicker and passed it well up to the 18 yards box, but then the usual problem emerged, lack of quality final ball and Rose apart, our strikers lack impact.

In the first half, Colchester looked dangerous from the opening minute tbh. My mate even said to me just before the goal that their pace was dangerous and we looked a bit pedestrian in comparison.

Their goal was well fed and taken and whilst it was a soft goal from DA’s perspective, if we had scored that, we would be saying how well we robbed it in transition and the ball into the striker was well timed and a great finish.

I will be glad after Saturday as we are safe and I am certain this will be confirmed at 4.50pm , however that is secured.

I am also still hopeful that DA can build his own squad over the summer and he shouldn’t be judged on what he has got out of PH’s squad solely.

It’s been a tough season but tbh, not that much worse than the end of last season when we clearly finished higher but the entertainment was equally hard to stomach each home game.

UTM and let’s regroup and get behind DA in the close season and hope he proves some of the sceptics out there wrong. We will all be happy if that is the case and I am trying to remain optimistic that he is still the right man for us next season.

Final point, let’s get behind the side Saturday and DA. Results are frustrating but most of the squad do not lack effort and many like Rose deserve that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
moosey_club
April 17, 2024, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Hagrid

Not sure on vernam, he has fits and bursts when he is fit, but theres no consistancy. Hopefully a full pre season and we can see the benefits of him

I wonder how many clubs and how many seasons have said the same ...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Posh Harry
April 17, 2024, 9:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Quoted from cardiffmariner

What about all the other League Two footballers who play for the teams above us?

The analogy doesn’t work. They need to be consistent for the standard (League Two) they are at. They are not.

So the players in the teams above us are more consistent than ours. But as can be seen from most of the teams, they have good and bad games and good and poor runs. The more consistent they play, the higher up the league the team ends up. Don’t think it’s rocket science
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
CodHead
April 17, 2024, 9:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS, as I said, I was told by a member of staff.

Do you have excrement for brains or just can't read?

Course you were, and a member of staff told me that you are full of excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
cardiffmariner
April 17, 2024, 10:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Posh Harry

So the players in the teams above us are more consistent than ours. But as can be seen from most of the teams, they have good and bad games and good and poor runs. The more consistent they play, the higher up the league the team ends up. Don’t think it’s rocket science

I think that’s the point I just made.

You made the point they are inconsistent because they are league two players. Personally I’d say ability plays a bigger factor in the level a footballer plays at than consistency. Perhaps we’re just looking at two sides of the same coin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.