This thread currently has 21,110 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
October 20, 2012, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Let's hope that's got the unlucky stuff out of the way, only Town could push their keeper up in added time, have it cleared agonisingly off the line and concede from it. As long as we bounce back on the League and beat finally feckin' Kiddy in the next league meeting I'll be happy.

I wanted a cup run but it wasn't to be, look at Lincoln, a tricky replay at Halifax which they'll probably lose and a red card and 3 match ban for one a Lincoln player.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 140
Super Clive
October 20, 2012, 5:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
We are skint but johns still wasting 0000's on the pipe dream that is the new stadium. That is never going to get built especially with the new set back. Hasn't he learned from great coats ?

Good on him though for keep plucking away but let's be honest who seriously believes we'll get one within ten years?
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 140
springstomind
October 20, 2012, 5:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Quoted from voice of reason

We've got enough money??? Bloody hell, I wanna live in your world because here, on planet earth, we are skint....  

Not as skint at you're making out, every highly saught after in form player last season who had great seasons "Cook and Thomas, Miller and Soares, Hearn etc..... we paid for, not to mention we've always got funds to bring in the likes of Hannah, Neilson, Pond, Townsend etc. Yes in "your world" we're skint.... but when in rome mate... we clearly have better funds than 90% in this league. All i was saying is that you're looking at round 23 or 4 to start getting decent funds which could make a difference .. and as we saw a Salisbury last season, it;s unlikely to happen for us in the FA cup... so let's concentrate on the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 140
grimsby pete
October 20, 2012, 5:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Super Clive
We are skint but johns still wasting 0000's on the pipe dream that is the new stadium. That is never going to get built especially with the new set back. Hasn't he learned from great coats ?

Good on him though for keep plucking away but let's be honest who seriously believes we'll get one within ten years?

Not me,

In fact I am at an age that I think I will never see one in my life time,

I hope you will get to see one though,    One day !!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 140
voice of reason
October 20, 2012, 5:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from springstomind

Not as skint at you're making out, every highly saught after in form player last season who had great seasons "Cook and Thomas, Miller and Soares, Hearn etc..... we paid for, not to mention we've always got funds to bring in the likes of Hannah, Neilson, Pond, Townsend etc. Yes in "your world" we're skint.... but when in rome mate... we clearly have better funds than 90% in this league. All i was saying is that you're looking at round 23 or 4 to start getting decent funds which could make a difference .. and as we saw a Salisbury last season, it;s unlikely to happen for us in the FA cup... so let's concentrate on the league.

Erm, it's not me making out we are skint... It's the accounts and JF etc, maybe you can let them know if we aren't and point them in the right direction to find our riches...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 140
springstomind
October 20, 2012, 5:13pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Quoted from voice of reason

Erm, it's not me making out we are skint... It's the accounts and JF etc, maybe you can let them know if we aren't and point them in the right direction to find our riches...

What? mate just read again. I've not said we're loaded, i've said that taking into account the recent transfer market we clearly have enough to compete in this league. Anyway maybe you have inside account figures .. but le';s concentrate on the football, i reckon this is a blessing to be fair, we've been great in the league recently and maybe Hatton can use the future FA cup breaks to go for a run lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 140
chipsandgravy
October 20, 2012, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Having read some of the posters on here earlier they would have had Scotty tar and feathered yet our once acclaimed Mr. Messiah on the radio applauded the managers for making a tactical change that almost paid off. We made a real fist of it in the second half but it wasn't to be after a terrible start.

We must stop this hysterical reaction to when we lose or play badly. It was the same against Dartford and yet we went and won two tough away games. It is there have to be a sacrificial lamb for every bad day at the office.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 140
Hagrid
October 20, 2012, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,488
Gold Stars: 536
that was very poor imo, BUT at least we can now focus on the league but worrying about some of our back up players who looked quite poor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 140
Maringer
October 20, 2012, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,666
Gold Stars: 189
Keystone Kops defending for the first 20 minutes with individual errors costing us goals.

A good showing after that though Disley's enforced substitution meant our options for a change were very limited. Thanoj was dead on his feet for the last 20 minutes and I'm sure he'd have been replaced by another player had the opportunity been there.

A lively attacking performance for spells but I'm disappointed that we didn't test their very-shaky looking keeper anywhere near enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 140
cleefish
October 20, 2012, 6:19pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from Hagrid
that was very poor IMHO, BUT at least we can now focus on the league but worrying about some of our back up players who looked quite poor

I agree with you I also think S&H got thier selection right they went for the best that they had for the game.
One is allowed to be worried a bit about certain players when the 3 lone ranger go back think S&H will have to bring in new players for next season.
Myself I enjoyed the game at least they showed fighting spirit with out 3 top players anyway we can now get back to concentrating on the league anybody got any  prices for the bookie on towns chances.utmm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kiddi Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.