April 29, 2017, 5:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Hagrid
Dont blame davies for this, he is woefully exposed 2 on 1every time they attack

......and who picked the team ? Only " super morphing power manager Russell Slade". If anyone thought that RS being appointed as manager would make  lot of difference are sadly disillusioned. MB should have been allowed to carry on with his vision of  what he required to make the club a force next season. A lot of criticism on the thread about Ben Davies but he was PH's solution to what we needed at right back!!! I hope that the summer signings will bring a new perspective to next season but I don't think " super morphing power manager "nearly man" manager Slade" will be the answer.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 103
moosey_club
April 29, 2017, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from rancido

......and who picked the team ? Only " super morphing power manager Russell Slade". If anyone thought that RS being appointed as manager would make  lot of difference are sadly disillusioned. MB should have been allowed to carry on with his vision of  what he required to make the club a force next season. A lot of criticism on the thread about Ben Davies but he was PH's solution to what we needed at right back!!! I hope that the summer signings will bring a new perspective to next season but I don't think " super morphing power manager "nearly man" manager Slade" will be the answer.

going to go out on a limb here.....you dont approve of RS do you ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 103
Mrs Doyle
April 29, 2017, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from rancido

Well that didn't take long Ben Davis was the best thing since sliced bread first game in when he scored that free kick lol and I see Slades still got his knockers must feel like a kick in the maracas to the magnificent 1,200 travelling Amigo's though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 103
Garth
April 29, 2017, 5:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
The players in whatever combination have not performed against teams that have been below them at the time, this under three different managers, it shows that the common denominator is that fifty percent of the players are not of a League two standard consistency and the squad requires better additions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 103
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2017, 6:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido

PH signed Zak Mills and Danny Andrew add Tait & Magnay as well, I would suggest that he knows more about full backs than most of is having spent a 400+ game career playing in that position. Though Davis is possibly finished at EFL level the issue is more about there is and has been no consistent mid field partner to link up with any of our full backs this season thus leaving all 3 of them with far too much to do.

To be fair to Russ he picked a right back to play right back as Mills is injured what option did he have another "square peg"?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 103
ginnywings
April 29, 2017, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Garth
The players in whatever combination have not performed against teams that have been below them at the time, this under three different managers, it shows that the common denominator is that fifty percent of the players are not of a League two standard consistency and the squad requires better additions

And yet we have competed more against better sides higher up the league. To me that suggests we don't have the physicality to compete against the more agricultural sides but have some decent footballers. Players like Comley get bullied but are decent when given more time and space. We looked very good against Yeovil because they hardly put a challenge in against us, yet struggled against Cheltenham and Barnet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 103
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2017, 6:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

And yet we have competed more against better sides higher up the league. To me that suggests we don't have the physicality to compete against the more agricultural sides but have some decent footballers. Players like Comley get bullied but are decent when given more time and space. We looked very good against Yeovil because they hardly put a challenge in against us, yet struggled against Cheltenham and Barnet.

I think we have been pushed around a fair bit this season so it's a good observation Ginny, sometimes you need one or two bullies in a side I fail to see who plays that role for us. Also if you listened to RS post match today he mentioned the word mentality so maybe Marcus did have a point around mind set after all.

Funny league this as this morning we where 7 points ahead of Barnet who sat in 15th, watching the game today you would have thought it was the other way around.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 103
ginnywings
April 29, 2017, 6:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think we have been pushed around a fair bit this season so it's a good observation Ginny, sometimes you need one or two bullies in a side I fail to see who plays that role for us. Also if you listened to RS post match today he mentioned the word mentality so maybe Marcus did have a point around mind set after all.

Funny league this as this morning we where 7 points ahead of Barnet who sat in 15th, watching the game today you would have thought it was the other way around.

As much as some will disagree, i think we have missed Gunning in there today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 103
Maringer
April 29, 2017, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,649
Gold Stars: 189
I think it's pretty clear that we need more pace and strength in the squad for next season.

As has been noted, we've been bullied too often this season and need to add the physicality to make sure this doesn't happen if at all possible.

I'm sure Slade has an idea what needs to be done. Let's hope it's feasible considering how many players we'll need to get off the books to make new signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 103
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2017, 6:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

As much as some will disagree, i think we have missed Gunning in there today.

Nah, the little lad they had running the mid field and there general movement would have made Gunning look a tw@t I think, but I get what your saying. Though some have differing opinions I can't remember Josh Gowling being bullied by too many in his time with GTFC.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.