Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Doncaster)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 147 Guests

Just Back (Doncaster)

This thread currently has 7,935 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
August 14, 2019, 12:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
Why would Shrewsbury give Waterfall a payoff? Shrewsbury agreed to pay him a salary for the next two/three years. If he wants to leave then surely it's up to us to effectively buy him out of his Shrewsbury contract.

I dunno — maybe I'm just out of touch with how these deals are done. Any delays to his signing must surely be down to his negotiations with us (or negotiations between GTFC and STFC over a potential fee).

Just watched the Donny highlights — really well taken goal on the break, simple but effective. We look much more like a team now.

But why do iFollow persist with dubbing commentary on the action later? It sounds rubbish. At the end you could hear his colleagues in the office talking in the background, and you can hear him turn sheets of paper. I preferred it when they didn't add commentary on at all, like from our first two games of the season.

Tbh, I prefer it when we get the GTFC video crew commentary!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
KingstonMariner
August 14, 2019, 1:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RichMariner
Why would Shrewsbury give Waterfall a payoff? Shrewsbury agreed to pay him a salary for the next two/three years. If he wants to leave then surely it's up to us to effectively buy him out of his Shrewsbury contract.

I dunno — maybe I'm just out of touch with how these deals are done. Any delays to his signing must surely be down to his negotiations with us (or negotiations between GTFC and STFC over a potential fee).

Just watched the Donny highlights — really well taken goal on the break, simple but effective. We look much more like a team now.

But why do iFollow persist with dubbing commentary on the action later? It sounds rubbish. At the end you could hear his colleagues in the office talking in the background, and you can hear him turn sheets of paper. I preferred it when they didn't add commentary on at all, like from our first two games of the season.

Maybe Shrews want him off the books quickly and if there’s no buyer in the offing it might be cheaper to bung him some cash. It might then be about STFC and LW trying to get the right balance between their respective interests.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Welwynmariner
August 14, 2019, 2:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RichMariner

Presumably he's surplus to requirements at Shrewsbury and they need to off load him otherwise he could sit there and see out his contract. So they are effectively paying him to go away and find a club not able to pay his current salary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
mariner chopper
August 14, 2019, 3:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Gold Stars: 5
Brandon McPherson, Joe Hope and Cameron Painter

Made the bench last night which is great to see, yet was pleased with Jolley's intentions when he brought the more senior lads onto strengthen in the 2nd half.

However, I have little idea what the three young lads positions are if they are to be utilised this season (maybe in the leasing.com) - can anybody shed any light? Defender/Midfielder/Striker???

Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
livosnose
August 14, 2019, 3:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,171
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from mariner chopper
Brandon McPherson, Joe Hope and Cameron Painter

Made the bench last night which is great to see, yet was pleased with Jolley's intentions when he brought the more senior lads onto strengthen in the 2nd half.

However, I have little idea what the three young lads positions are if they are to be utilised this season (maybe in the leasing.com) - can anybody shed any light? Defender/Midfielder/Striker???

Cheers

Painter centre mid. Hope left back

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
pen penfras
August 14, 2019, 7:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from RichMariner

It's a fairly common thing that a player wants the selling club to subsidise his salary if he's moving to a club where he'll be paid less. Say he's paid £1500 a week and we're offering £1000, then it's only right that he doesn't want to earn less money than he's on right now. If Shrewsbury don't want him, then they're still saving money if they can't offload him somewhere that will pay the full lot.

How bad was his injury last night? Might not even be an option if it was bad...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 14, 2019, 7:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

It's a fairly common thing that a player wants the selling club to subsidise his salary if he's moving to a club where he'll be paid less. Say he's paid £1500 a week and we're offering £1000, then it's only right that he doesn't want to earn less money than he's on right now. If Shrewsbury don't want him, then they're still saving money if they can't offload him somewhere that will pay the full lot.

How bad was his injury last night? Might not even be an option if it was bad...

Read match report and Waterfall and Rotherham player both left the pitch following a collision so I assume it was clash of heads so probably in same position as Ohman re possible concussion. Don’t think it’s anything to stop the alleged transfer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Doncaster)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.