6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
quebec38
October 5, 2019, 11:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Just wrote a lengthy reply and deleted it by accident which is annoying. The main points though.

Ref - terrible. Will revisit at the end.

Performance not good enough and we only have ourselves to blame for not taking the 3 points.

If MJ wants the plaudits for supposedly changing things to counter a weakness he has recognised in Exeter, he best take some criticism on the chin for today’s defeat. The idiot that paid him a visit after their goal though was so out order. Utter disbelief at how fickle people can be. Please don’t return to BP.

Wright injury cost us a point at least. Easy to say after seeing Green’s ineffectiveness but I thought Rose should have been the replacement at the time.

Green offered nothing and Ogbu wasn’t at his best. Feel bad for Ogbu though. Excellent last week at centre forward, left wing this week one minute then right week the next. Then expected to play in a four man midfield in the second half.

Back to that ref. The most frustrating thing about this is that he will be reffing someone else next week with absolutely no repercussion or investigation in to today’s display. He actually doesn’t know a lot of the rules, clearly, and could have caused some serious, serious trouble today. People have to be responsible for their own actions but it was due to his antics that things spiralled like they did today, and almost out of control completely. How the ball can go out for a corner before checking a potential head injury and then giving an uncontested drop ball to the keeper on the edge of the six yard box... that’s a new one on me.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
sapper mariner
October 5, 2019, 11:54pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
It was always going to be hard to score when the ref gave them a free kick as soon as we got to the edge of the box.

As others have said we didn’t take our chances and didn’t create enough with all our corners.

Typical town put in a good shift and beat the league leaders and then put in a sub par performance at home the next.

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
promotion plaice
October 6, 2019, 12:31am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,087
Gold Stars: 200

I know who will be getting my "Twit of the Week" vote next week, I'll leave it at that.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
Mrs Doyle
October 6, 2019, 6:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859

BIshop was giving it the big one tot the lower, shouting crap celebrating in front of them with Cook and Macca didn't like it and told him to intercourse off basically and shoved him away from our fans

They did not deserve to win that but Bishop and (Ex town)Andy Cook at the end were a fecking disgrace they nearly caused a riot in the lower findus and it went on for some time.

Macca tried to prevent BISHOP from mouthing and gesturing to the town fans but Andy Cook wtf got into him he was going beserk??? considering he was ex gtfc and he hadn't been on the pitch long.

Andy Cook = fecking male masturbator.

They mugged us got rid of our best threat and their spoiling tacticss caused us to lose control it was very ugly and ill tempered made worse by an incompetent ref who completely lost control of the game.

Hanson usually had three men mugging him at every set piece Ogbu and Green were getting fouled constantly we lost our disipline and second half despite them having only ten men (and the ref) did not have anywhere near as much possesion as the first half.

They did a real thug job on us in one of the most ill tempered games I have ever seen.

I hope Max is ok he gets roughed up regulaly but I guess that is the price for being good in the lower leagues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
Davec
October 6, 2019, 9:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Once again we are undone by a set piece, it's always been a common theme under Jolley that we concede by a set piece
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
monkeyboy
October 6, 2019, 9:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
first 15 was excellent. pretty drab after.
Max going off did not help but the change in formation didn't do much for us either.

They figured out how to deal with hanson and that stifled us especially when Green came on, his control was appalling but all round clumsy performance from the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 6, 2019, 9:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Odd that we get a superb performance against a good team last week at the end of the knackering 2-a-week stint where they have hardly got time to sh1t, shave and shower between games. Then there is a full week off and we get a drab performance with no cutting edge against a very poor side. Were the selection and tactics over-thought by the management? What did they do in training this week? Certainly didn't look like they practised putting decent balls into the box and finishing.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
moosey_club
October 6, 2019, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
as disappointing as it was yesterday its quite nice to come on here and read fairly balanced views on the result, easy to blame the ref or their approach but most posters identifying that we really just didnt do enough to win the game anyway , against what was a pretty poor struggling side.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 6, 2019, 10:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Think the performances of Wright in recent games has confirmed the need for a quality wide player that many of us wanted signing in the summer. Wright has shown we already have one on our books but the need for another was clearly evident once he went off injured and the front three of Hanson, Green & Ogbu, despite early season results, looks unbalanced and ineffective. This is not helped by what was just utterly rubbish delivery on our crosses on a day without the normal gusty winds. Robson put three free kicks into the stand, Hess was similarly guilty and Cook wasted several good positions in the second half and finally on this point was the difference between Hendrie and Hewitt at right back with the former being a better footballer but Hewitt’s early and quality crosses were sorely missed.

Real plus for me was performance of Gibson who is looking like a very good player at this level (think Ring will be on the move and would benefit from a loan somewhere) but didn’t seem to get so far forward second half after Robson and Cook had changed sides.

We are not far off having a real good L2 side and adding a wide player and an improvement in midfield would IMO give us that extra bit of quality. Oh for Nouble on the left and Wright on the right, real pace and quality.

Finally the referee was the worst I have ever seen and this is best demonstrated by his booking of Green in the second half and by giving Mansfield the ball when it was headed out for a corner. He was so bad I hurtled down the steps of the Upper to shout abuse at the end something I have not done since the stand was built. I then got to witness the behaviour of Cook and Bishop( a player I rate) towards our crowd and am amazed nobody actually entered the field of play and both players should be charged with inciting the crowd. You get booked for celebrating a goal with your own fans but goading the opponents fans is OK, bad day all round and only just calmed down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
Croxton
October 6, 2019, 10:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
The Max Wright injury was the biggest issue in a multifactoral non performance. We failed to ;-

1. Replace pace with pace to stretch their defence, win corners, throws and set pieces.

2. Take early chances against a ponderous back line.

3. Avoid unnecessary 'fouls' giving cheap set pieces away especially at the end of games.

4. Put in testing free kicks of our own. Some real shockers.

5. Cross when we have a good opportunity. How many times does Hanson have to reset his run?

6. Gamble at the far post a la Kevin Ellison. We get in each others way on the penalty spot.

7. Shoot early sometimes. Too many touches taken all over the park.

8. Stop Green doing media interviews. They seem to jinx his game terribly.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.