9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
November 9, 2019, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,972
Gold Stars: 360
It is a steaming pile of non tactics turd. Any idiot can manage a team and instruct them to just lump it.
Is there any point in having a manager if we are just going to aimlessly crash it forward? Might as well swap Jolley for a chest of drawers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 89
Heisenberg
November 9, 2019, 5:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from promotion plaice

We certainly didn't deserve to win it today, the big lump it up to Hanson isn't working anymore.

Yet Jolley doesn’t see it? A big worry for us all. His time is up for me. I know today was a cup game, but nonetheless, we’re in ANOTHER relegation dogfight. If you have enough of them, you go down eventually - we know that better than anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 89
TAGG
November 9, 2019, 5:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
This is the first game I’ve thought Jolley out
Always wanted to give him time to get his ideas over and try to get a good side together but today I just thought ‘Mr Jolley you know intercourse all’

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 89
devs
November 9, 2019, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from chaos33
Yet another dog performance with no visible evidence of any method whatsoever.

This

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 89
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2019, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Despite being a season ticket holder and a lifetime fan I could not drag myself there today.

It is just so uninspiring, boring predictable with zero excitement.

My You Tube feed brings up games from the non league days, and I am often shocked at how much better it was to watch than this turgid stuff. We hardly get into the opposition half, have no shots on goal, never make the keeper work, and if we get a lead just try to  hang on.

The team selection was baffling - once you go down the route of "squad rotation" you never know where to stop; two weeks without a game and apparently zero tactics employed despite having all that time to work on some.

We will never get anywhere with this Board,  but at least they could get a manager with a sense of purpose who wants to win above everything else. I have enjoyed a grand total of three home games this season - Bradford, Port Vale and the Macc replay. The rest have been boring.

Change the manager now before we are dragged further into the mire in the league.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 89
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2019, 5:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Heisenberg

Yet Jolley doesn’t see it? A big worry for us all. His time is up for me. I know today was a cup game, but nonetheless, we’re in ANOTHER relegation dogfight. If you have enough of them, you go down eventually - we know that better than anyone.

Really?! Two games in hand. Two draws and we're 14th (which our season's average should at least do). Win both we're tenth. Worst case scenario we're 18th.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 89
devs
November 9, 2019, 5:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Sad thing is I think we have some very good players at this level
Defence is OK - not much I'd change there with what we have
But creativity, passing, cleverness, guile... there's nothing
Square pegs in round holes
Too much tinkering - but enough said on that over the weeks
Formation not suiting several players
A brave manager would look at first 15 or so games and think when everyone fit I'm playing the front six who won at Exeter
It would force us to pass and not lump it
After 20/25 mins today Buckley was saying what he says every match and what almost every fan says week in and week out
No flow
No chances
No craft
Inability to string three passes together
Disjointed

We are neither an effective long ball team or a good passing team
Lump it to Hanson and see what happens
At the minute pretty much feck all!

Ogbu must be feeling very unlucky not to get in the team - but when he does he's played out of position
Sort of sums everything up

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 89
Heisenberg
November 9, 2019, 6:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Really?! Two games in hand. Two draws and we're 14th (which our season's average should at least do). Win both we're tenth. Worst case scenario we're 18th.

I get what you’re saying, and I hope I’m wrong, but I believe we’re in the sh#t, yes.

I think we have the players to finish top half, but the manager to take them down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 89
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Heisenberg

I get what you’re saying, and I hope I’m wrong, but I believe we’re in the sh#t, yes.

I think we have the players to finish top half, but the manager to take them down.

To be fair, he did get the first player to be subbed correct. The only problem being that he signed him in the first place.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 89
TownSNAFU5
November 9, 2019, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Devs, you are sitting on the fence with the above comments.  😏. Just say what you really think.

Btw, responding to another comment:  a chest of drawers is very useful.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.