Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 153 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 13,478 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
January 4, 2020, 8:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Just sat n poured a Bacardi and coke, sat back and thought...what a game of football...down to 10 men, every player to a man played their hearts out and didn't leave an ounce if energy out on that grass today...
I'm not singling one player out as that was a true team performance, from Macca through to Ogbu/Rose ..
Brilliant at full time when the team bowed to us... absolutely fantastic atmosphere and my throat is sore with all the singing.
One, very very happy Town fan tonight  ..even the dogs got a hug and might just let them sleep on the bed tonight.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Epworth Mariner
January 4, 2020, 8:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +669
Gold Stars: 57
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 4, 2020, 8:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
That game was one for all the Clifton doubters to watch. Played in 5 positions, covered every blade of grass.

What a great performance after what was a definite red. Thought it was pretty much the only thing the young ref got right.

Not sure Holloway can get the credit for that one but he certainly sprinkles a touch of the big time fairy dust on an occasion.

Outstanding effort!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
forza ivano
January 4, 2020, 9:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
I can't add too much to that.soooo glad I made the effort.started off well with a superb pint in the railway for £2.80, and it just got better, superb passionate following.never a sending off, but it just seemed to motivate us further.
Can't tell you a Mot m as they were all heroes.thought Gibson was very good and fair play to Clifton who played in 3 different positions.I worry about Harry though as his (and Pollocks) passing was pretty wayward and I've got a horrible feeling he might be one of the first casualties.thought rose had his best game for town and was a big improvement on Ogbu who was isolated and a bit weak, although he got no help whatsoever from the incompetent homer ref. Hendrie was a real mix of good n bad, but the good predominated. Davis and Pollack were absolute rocks, whilst hess and Robson seemed to be everywhere.Vernham added the bit of class and danger into the mix.
Holloway was all action on the sidelines and seemed to get involved in a couple of altercations. Just a superb team effort backed by a support that roared them on and never stopped singing. I am very very hoarse and very very proud of my team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
chipsandgravy
January 4, 2020, 9:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from forza ivano
I can't add too much to that.soooo glad I made the effort.started off well with a superb pint in the railway for £2.80, and it just got better, superb passionate following.never a sending off, but it just seemed to motivate us further.
Can't tell you a Mot m as they were all heroes.thought Gibson was very good and fair play to Clifton who played in 3 different positions.I worry about Harry though as his (and Pollocks) passing was pretty wayward and I've got a horrible feeling he might be one of the first casualties.thought rose had his best game for town and was a big improvement on Ogbu who was isolated and a bit weak, although he got no help whatsoever from the incompetent homer ref. Hendrie was a real mix of good n bad, but the good predominated. Davis and Pollack were absolute rocks, whilst hess and Robson seemed to be everywhere.Vernham added the bit of class and danger into the mix.
Holloway was all action on the sidelines and seemed to get involved in a couple of altercations. Just a superb team effort backed by a support that roared them on and never stopped singing. I am very very hoarse and very very proud of my team

Funny how you see things differently. He is an enigma but I thought Ogbu did really well today considering how little protection he got. True he was looking for the odd foul but that allowed us to get further up the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
Hagrid
January 4, 2020, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Funny how we see things different! I also was in the railway but had a delicious lamb dinner for 6 pounds. Defence were excellent with Davis my MOM. I thought ogbu led the line very well holding it up and winning free kicks when the incompetent man in the middle finally gave them. Bit of pride back in GTFC tonite, they fought fantastically
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Gritty, adaptable, hard working, brave, clever, dogged, united, proud and lucky are all words I’d use to describe Town’s performance today. When I say lucky it’s in the context of “making your own luck”which with their heart the players did today.

Despite being under pressure they also tried to get the ball down and pass it.

Can’t fault anyone associated with GTFC today we looked like what everyone hopes we’ll become..... a club on the up!!

UTM!!

P.S. great strike for the winner BTW😂😂😂😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
sydney
January 4, 2020, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Fabulous Day
That feels so much better than recently
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 9:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
..even the dogs got a hug and might just let them sleep on the bed tonight.  

And Fenty's poor cat finally getting a rest from all its kickings... 🐱

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

I’m not worried about Harry his versatility will keep him in and around the match day squad and starting 11 that said I’d love to know what his true natural position is as he’s been asked to do a few roles since he broke through.

IH will know what regard everyone has for Harry and how important seeing home grown players progress is so I’d fully expect him to invest in the next stage of Harry’s development.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2020, 9:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Epworth Mariner

Goosebumps watching that. And that’s not a comment on your missus by the way.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 9:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Good old wifey keeping things stealthy Epworth 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
moosey_club
January 4, 2020, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,301
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano

Fully agree other than the Rose comment, as i thought he was poor and looked fooked after about 10 minutes to me...

pre match was in the Brown Cow and speaking to one of their supporters who said for the first time in years they beat 10 men the other week as they never beat ten men....once Waterfall got sent off those words rang round my head  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
Croxton
January 4, 2020, 10:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Thought Ogbu did well to hold the ball, draw free kicks and link with Gibson who has improved since the Macc game. Rose will gain in confidence and positional awareness if he is given game time but it will have to happen quickly. We are gradually looking more composed in possession and Harry Clifton grew in stature as the game went on.
Scoping a first visit to Orient to replace missed Salford game. Great away crowd today. Hope we can have the full allocation and ride this tide of optimism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
forza ivano
January 4, 2020, 11:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Wonder if the difference in views on Ogbu was because he was playing at the far end from us and may have looked better on tv. Should also add that times we played some very cool, composed, skilful football through the midfield, whilst the defence seemed very well organised and mopped up nearly everything .
Don't think Holloway will be terribly impressed with some of the crossing and dead ball delivery which was very wasteful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
pontoonlew
January 4, 2020, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
A superb gutsy, team performance which we can all be proud of.

I think we’ll need work in areas to take us to the next level as we still created very few chances but credit to every player for working their balderdash off.

Ref wants to be glad we won that, as he was flipping disgraceful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
grimsby pete
January 4, 2020, 11:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
2020 is going to be a very good year .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
aldi_01
January 4, 2020, 11:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
First half was woeful. Both sides.

Second half they didn’t really offer much and their subs had zero impact truth be told.

Second half we battled. We wouldn’t have scored had it not been a great finish from the defender and equally, without Macca we’d have lost by a couple but we will take any sort of win at this stage and the fact we battled has to be something to be positive about.

Another good opportunity to gain three points at Orient and we owe them one so onwards to next week...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
marinerjase
January 4, 2020, 11:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,669
Gold Stars: 147
F*** me....what you like after a defeat..???

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
ginnywings
January 5, 2020, 12:15am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Their defender messed up- Macca did his job. Three points to us.

Or perhaps we ought to start awarding points on what might have been.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
Rik e B
January 5, 2020, 12:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Are the 2020's going to be a very good decade? 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
Mayaman
January 5, 2020, 12:28am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
What an all round great performance. Davies was outstanding.  I still think Ogbu has more to give and let's hope Holloway can unlock something to allow him to shine.  He gets a bit of slating on here but he battled for everything today, held up the ball well and showed something skillful touches.  His little flick for Clifton was sublime and Harry should have , at least, hit the target.  Macca's last second save was top drawer - my heart was in my mouth as that would have been a really harsh equaliser.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
oochiad
January 5, 2020, 12:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Great performance. If your fighting for your lives and can still get into the position of wizzing in crosses then you reap the rewards of an own goal! What a day!!!!!! UTFM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
oochiad
January 5, 2020, 12:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Oh yes and Ogbu was superb, that pass to Clifton was sublime......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
essexexile
January 5, 2020, 1:17am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Seemed we lost something when Ogbu went off and def need a Shop like striker to hold it up for the runners like Harry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
grimps
January 5, 2020, 6:11am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 46
Ollies that good a motivator he can even persuade the opposing team to score for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Northbank Mariner
January 5, 2020, 6:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
First half was woeful. Both sides.

Second half they didn’t really offer much and their subs had zero impact truth be told.

Second half we battled. We wouldn’t have scored had it not been a great finish from the defender and equally, without Macca we’d have lost by a couple but we will take any sort of win at this stage and the fact we battled has to be something to be positive about.

Another good opportunity to gain three points at Orient and we owe them one so onwards to next week...

You trying to steal Swins mantel as the Mr Misery guts on here!!🤔...
How you can describe that as woeful is beyond words...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
Rodley Mariner
January 5, 2020, 8:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Was a brilliant day. I thought Ogbu did a difficult job very well but that is a seriously tough job so wasn't surprised he went for fresh legs early. I thought Rose made them nervy at the back because of his pace without doing that much. They just seemed more jittery after he came on. Top class winner with the subtle dummy from Rose, a great cross and thought he did really well to keep that volley down.

Reticent to pick a motm as it was a proper team performance but thought Clifton was superb. Think Mattie Pollock might put a real claim on a starting place in the next 3 games as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
aldi_01
January 5, 2020, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

Not at all, Swin can keep that title but I’m also realistic and first half was shocking. As my point stated, thankfully there are several teams who are as bad as us. Perhaps we can be the team to improve whilst they all linger and languish down here.

I’ve no doubt performances will improve and some players will raise their game but surely the point is the game is about opinions. I had a car full, I know friends who had car fulls and their views all differ. I personally see no point in Ogbu but others do, so each to their own. For what it’s worth, I’d have dropped Waterfall weeks ago, I thought defensively we looked more solid with Pollock in there and Whitehouse added something when he came on.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
pontoonlew
January 5, 2020, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
In fairness it would be naive to say we played well technically, we just had way more heart (which is as much as Ollie can implement so far).

We do need 3-4 incoming signings at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
chipsandgravy
January 5, 2020, 9:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01

Not at all, Swin can keep that title but I’m also realistic and first half was shocking. As my point stated, thankfully there are several teams who are as bad as us. Perhaps we can be the team to improve whilst they all linger and languish down here.

I’ve no doubt performances will improve and some players will raise their game but surely the point is the game is about opinions. I had a car full, I know friends who had car fulls and their views all differ. I personally see no point in Ogbu but others do, so each to their own. For what it’s worth, I’d have dropped Waterfall weeks ago, I thought defensively we looked more solid with Pollock in there and Whitehouse added something when he came on.

And here is my opinion. Just try and have a day off from trying to get off being the voice of reason will you. "Woeful" it certainly wasn't. Technically good - of course not! But it was a very young team throwing everything at the cause which should be at least applauded!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
Rik e B
January 5, 2020, 9:46am

Whiskey Drinker
'Heroic' I'd say instead of woeful, and as for all the if this and if that's, you could say that for any game -the fact is they got it over the line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
Ipswin
January 5, 2020, 9:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

1) please intercourse off

2) it's 'mantle'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 57
moosey_club
January 5, 2020, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Wonder if the difference in views on Ogbu was because he was playing at the far end from us and may have looked better on tv. Should also add that times we played some very cool, composed, skilful football through the midfield, whilst the defence seemed very well organised and mopped up nearly everything .
Don't think Holloway will be terribly impressed with some of the crossing and dead ball delivery which was very wasteful.

Ogbu hardly lost the ball....service to him was of better quality....actual passes to his feet or delicate chips in to his chest height all help though which is something any of the strikers have had little of.....he showed what a target man should be,  hold the ball wait for support and lay it off.......his upper body strength is amazing....due to the circumstances of yesterday we didn't really see the other side of his game were he can  run at the opposition with the ball at his feet
Use him right and he is a player....smash high balls in his general direction and he will look useless.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 5, 2020, 10:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,949
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from grimsby pete

Youve got good vision

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
Scenes on toast
January 5, 2020, 11:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +393
Gold Stars: 2
For  any team at any level, to go away from home and play with 10 men for 80 mins AND come away with 3 pts. That is a sterling effort to be applauded, how can you criticise ????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
moosey_club
January 5, 2020, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Was a brilliant day. I thought Ogbu did a difficult job very well but that is a seriously tough job so wasn't surprised he went for fresh legs early. I thought Rose made them nervy at the back because of his pace without doing that much. They just seemed more jittery after he came on. Top class winner with the subtle dummy from Rose, a great cross and thought he did really well to keep that volley down.

Reticent to pick a motm as it was a proper team performance but thought Clifton was superb. Think Mattie Pollock might put a real claim on a starting place in the next 3 games as well.

🤔 Was so subtle I thought Rose just complety failed to control the ball

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 5, 2020, 11:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Scenes on toast
For  any team at any level, to go away from home and play with 10 men for 80 mins AND come away with 3 pts. That is a sterling effort to be applauded, how can you criticise ????

In the 1970s it was almost a given in Italian football that someone would be sent off so teams would spend time training how to play with and against 10 or 9 men. This even applied to the national team and I think they do/did the same thing in countries like Argentina. Winning with 10 is not unusual for them. It seems to be something we sporting Brits always have found more difficult.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 57
ska face
January 5, 2020, 11:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,765
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from moosey_club

Ogbu hardly lost the ball....service to him was of better quality....actual passes to his feet or delicate chips in to his chest height all help though which is something any of the strikers have had little of.....he showed what a target man should be,  hold the ball wait for support and lay it off.......his upper body strength is amazing....due to the circumstances of yesterday we didn't really see the other side of his game were he can  run at the opposition with the ball at his feet
Use him right and he is a player....smash high balls in his general direction and he will look useless.

You know what you’re getting with Ogbu and he doesn’t really change his game. He’s never, ever going to chase a long ball and he’s not going to outpace a centre half over 20, 30 yards and the other players know this, so rather than knocking it over the top yesterday they tended to either be more accurate with the passing or were more patient and held on to it. Hanson should be encouraged to do this more often rather than offering an option by chasing lost causes into the corners - it’ll help bring the play further up the pitch and save his legs.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Sigone
January 5, 2020, 11:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Just before the cross comes in watch Clifton do a superb dive  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
ginnywings
January 5, 2020, 11:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

Add that to his bobbled finish against Salford. Strange how things can suddenly start to go for you.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
Marinerz93
January 5, 2020, 11:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Scenes on toast

Top post and spot on.

What type of toast are you representing, the bread kind or Stephen Toast of London?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
IlkleyMariner
January 5, 2020, 11:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Sigone
Just before the cross comes in watch Clifton do a superb dive  

Think he got a shove in the back to help him on his way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
AussieMariner
January 5, 2020, 11:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 31
Did anybody else notice Ollie calling to Moses to get into the centre circle when we were defending the first corner?
Clearly he’s out of touch with modern tactics 😉
Despite this archaic thinking Ogbu dragged a defender out with him, and when the ball was cleared he was able to hold it up and forced them to scramble it back to their keeper rather than pumping it straight back into the danger zone. A bit more luck and he might have been able to create a counter attack.
I don’t think it happened again but we were down to 10 men so I suspect we will be leaving a man up, something which has been frequently called for on this board.
The thing that surprised me was Ollie having to give the instruction during the game - I would have thought it would have been discussed prior. So unless Moses simply forgot the tactic and had to be reminded I wonder if there was a bit of showmanship going on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
Ipswin
January 5, 2020, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

It was a total schoolboy fresh air kick, did well to make it look like an intentional dummy tho'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
headingly_mariner
January 5, 2020, 12:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from moosey_club

Completely agree. The amount of times he got us out was fantastic, he got a real rough deal from the ref as well. He’ll never score a lot of goals but will allow us to play higher up the pitch with the way he links play. It’s a shame he wasn’t fit enough to stay on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
jonnyboy82
January 5, 2020, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Ogbu's hold up play up on his own was tremendous..

Also the substitutions by the boss today were perfect, that's the difference between a proven winner and what we have had before.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
Rik e B
January 5, 2020, 12:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Add that to his bobbled finish against Salford. Strange how things can suddenly start to go for you.

Work hard, persevere and eventually the rewards will come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
Northbank Mariner
January 5, 2020, 1:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

1) please intercourse off

2) it's 'mantle'

Bloody hell, will you have a day off bud, it's called "banter" and having a laugh...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
KingstonMariner
January 5, 2020, 1:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Ogbu's hold up play up on his own was tremendous..

Also the substitutions by the boss today were perfect, that's the difference between a proven winner and what we have had before.

Oh come on Johnny. Jolley made plenty of good subs in his time. I’m not saying he’s on Olly’s level, not by any means, but things that happened before have suddenly become brilliant. We’ve had great backs to the wall performances against better teams than Mansfield.

Im sure we’ll do better under Olly but we haven’t seen anything yet.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
HertsGTFC
January 5, 2020, 1:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Thought there was a couple of occasions when Ogbu could have turned faced the goal and ran into a channel for a threaded ball but clearly he was told to do a holding up job and did it pretty well I reckon his style is difficult to defend against and I’d like to see him a bit more involved TBH.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
monkeyboy
January 5, 2020, 6:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I hope ogbu gets a long run in the team and think him and Hanson will prosper very well together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
oochiad
January 5, 2020, 7:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
We might get more attacking options sometime soon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
mimma
January 5, 2020, 7:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Maybe if we get Hanson fit Ollie might use him property instead of putting  high balls to him which take a week to come down giving defenders all the time in the world to get a block in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
Mariner Timsky
January 5, 2020, 8:34pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
In the build up to our goal one of our players made a cracking sliding tackle in our half - anyone know who that was??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
gobby
January 5, 2020, 8:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Robson made the challenge  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
Mariner Timsky
January 5, 2020, 8:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Great tackle that from Robbo

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
Grantham_Mariner
January 5, 2020, 9:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,197
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Great tackle that from Robbo

Let's hope that nice Mr Phil Parkinson at AFC Sunderland lets us have him back for the rest of the season.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.