nealeardleyscrossing
May 1, 2024, 10:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Yoda
Does a midsize league two team warrant a CEO really.
For me it’s another 100 grand a year we can spend on players.

Speaking personally from Lincoln's perspective, who have clearly been successful and continue to be relatively successful, I think the CEO has been absolutely pivotal in all of this. Absolutely necessary in my eyes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 117
DaleH
May 1, 2024, 10:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +810
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from Yoda
Does a midsize league two team warrant a CEO really.
For me it’s another 100 grand a year we can spend on players.

If there isn't a CEO in the business, then how do you think the owners business is going to be operated on a day to day basis? A business needs a senior operational executive leading on the floor. Think of it it as a managing director role if you like. There are many different facets to the business, including a middle management team etc. And it is the CEO that pulls all of that together and leads the business in all areas, at the behest of the business owners who are not full involved managerially on a day to day basis.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 117
Yoda
May 1, 2024, 10:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I wish her all the best in the role i do.
In money terms GTFC is a tiny business with a turnover of 4-5 million does it warrant a full time CEO.
Just an opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 117
LocalLadGTFC
May 1, 2024, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 141

Speaking personally from Lincoln's perspective, who have clearly been successful and continue to be relatively successful, I think the CEO has been absolutely pivotal in all of this. Absolutely necessary in my eyes.

Not just Lincoln, look at Ipswich. Mark Ashton has been a massive reason they are so successful on the pitch.. answering the question yes a good CEO can get you 3 points on a Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 117
Chrisblor
May 1, 2024, 11:35am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,983
Gold Stars: 243
A good friend of mine (also a woman, for all you fans of misogyny out there), worked alongside her for four years at UEFA in Switzerland and says she's brilliant. I trust her judgement.

I'm sure she is brilliant but i'm currently chuckling away to myself at the idea of packing a job in where you go to work every day in an office overlooking the idyllic Lake Geneva and Swiss Alps, and a few years later are spending your working days in the Findus stand overlooking the picturesque Humber Estuary.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 117
tanga_the_indestructible
May 1, 2024, 11:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'm sure she is brilliant but i'm currently chuckling away to myself at the idea of packing a job in where you go to work every day in an office overlooking the idyllic Lake Geneva and Swiss Alps, and a few years later are spending your working days in the Findus stand overlooking the picturesque Humber Estuary.

Funnily enough I have personal experience of this. I spent two years working in Geneva, a city so boring it made coming back to live in Grimsby for a few years feel like a paragon of activity (good for skiing though!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 117
Maringer
May 1, 2024, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Chrisblor

I bet the fish and chips in Geneva are shite, though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 117
louth_in_the_south
May 1, 2024, 12:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,722
Gold Stars: 96
If we’re to be taken seriously by any major investors or sponsors I think a CEO would be vital in influencing the decision to part with £££££.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 117
buckstown
May 1, 2024, 12:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
I worked for Nestle and spent quite a bit of time at head office in Vevey. It was the ivory tower of all time, direct views over the lake and mountains but gracious me it’s a boring country. And brutally expensive
UK is a much better place to live, and she gets to drink in the taphouse with views over the boating lake. The woman would be mad not to pick Cleethorpes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 117
Azimuth
May 1, 2024, 1:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +711
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Chrisblor

Pffft, why wouldnt anyone want to come and work in the Umber Riviera, Miles of Golden sand, Steels fish and chips, top crazy golf courses, the fitties nearby for weekend away.
She would have been mad to have not taken the role!
Seriously though, there are far worse places to be based and work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New CEO

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.