Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › League Two Play-offs 2023–2024
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Who do you think will win the Play-offs?
Crawley Town (6 votes)
5.41%
Crewe Alexandra (2 votes)
1.80%
Doncaster Rovers (70 votes)
63.06%
MK Dons (33 votes)
29.73%
111 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

League Two Play-offs 2023–2024

This thread currently has 6,069 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
April 30, 2024, 11:15pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,776
Gold Stars: 31
I liked the post that Grantham_Mariner did on the National League. I think Doncaster Rovers purely on form, but the play-offs is usually full of surprises.

Voting ends in 6 days, when the first game starts.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
LocalLadGTFC
April 30, 2024, 11:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,410
Gold Stars: 141
Donny - Franchise final I reckon and playing MK on that massive Wembley pitch with the way they keep the ball could be torture.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 79
marinerjase
April 30, 2024, 11:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,695
Gold Stars: 155
Crewe fortunate the season ended when it did. Woefully out of form, looked a poor side when we played them recently. Appreciate play offs different, fresh start/approach etc - but genuinely think they’ve no chance, and think they’ll do nowhere near as good next season. Crawley?? Done fantastically well to reach play offs..couple decent players..they can score goals..win be easy opponents.. MK Dons have played all the football, should be favourites to go up.. Doncaster have done amazing to go from 4th bottom to get there. Form team..but now they are there does the pressure grow? I expect MK Dons to get promoted..think that’ll be better case for us next season also. If there is to be a shock..I’d go with Crawley

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 79
grimps
May 1, 2024, 5:32am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 46
Hope Donny blow it as it's our most local game ,on paper it looks like they'll be the favorite though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 79
chaos33
May 1, 2024, 6:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,014
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from marinerjase
Crewe fortunate the season ended when it did. Woefully out of form, looked a poor side when we played them recently. Appreciate play offs different, fresh start/approach etc - but genuinely think they’ve no chance, and think they’ll do nowhere near as good next season. Crawley?? Done fantastically well to reach play offs..couple decent players..they can score goals..win be easy opponents.. MK Dons have played all the football, should be favourites to go up.. Doncaster have done amazing to go from 4th bottom to get there. Form team..but now they are there does the pressure grow? I expect MK Dons to get promoted..think that’ll be better case for us next season also. If there is to be a shock..I’d go with Crawley

Agree with this. MK are the best team in the play offs. Hope  luck and officiating works out for them.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 79
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 1, 2024, 11:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,344
Gold Stars: 309
Donny go into it on fire and with all the momentum. Only MK Dons have a chance against them.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 79
Poojah
May 1, 2024, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,032
Gold Stars: 1,535
Donny go into it on fire and with all the momentum. Only MK Dons have a chance against them.

They do - their run of form is almost impossible; 10 straight wins sandwiched between two draws, and only 1 defeat in their last 18, is the kind of pattern you rarely see in any competitive league across the world, and it's made all the more impressive by the fact they were struggling prior to that.

You can't help but sit back and admire that; and yet part of me thinks there's just no way they can extend it for another 3 games against some of the divisions stronger outfits. If they do somehow manage it, I take my hat of to them.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 79
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 1, 2024, 11:33am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +913
Gold Stars: 123
I'll have a go with Crawley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 79
immariner
May 1, 2024, 11:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
Donny, if they can continue their amazing run. I'd prefer it not to be them for locality's sake but as long as it's not MK (refuse to use the Dons suffix) I'm not really fussed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 79
Poojah
May 3, 2024, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,032
Gold Stars: 1,535
Not League Two, but Barnsley head to Bolton in the first League One play-off game tonight. Got to be backing John McAtee’s Tykes in this one, haven’t we? I imagine he probably won’t be at Oakwell next season either way, but promotion would be another cracking feather in the lad’s cap.

Loved him during his time here; can’t help but wish him all the luck in the world.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 79
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › League Two Play-offs 2023–2024

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.