Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kiddy match thread??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

Kiddy match thread??

This thread currently has 14,314 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
September 15, 2012, 7:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
FFS, will you lot just accept people have a right to a different view... It doesn't make them "negative" because they think we should have won today...

Get of your soap box... Some of you are worse than them bible loving types that try and preach to people on the door step... "positive" this "positive" that... it's boring as intercourse, just accept people see things differently...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 97
Gary Haddock
September 15, 2012, 7:47pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from voice of reason
FFS, will you lot just accept people have a right to a different view... It doesn't make them "negative" because they think we should have won today...

Get of your soap box... Some of you are worse than them bible loving types that try and preach to people on the door step... "positive" this "positive" that... it's boring as intercourse, just accept people see things differently...

We except it, but doesn't mean we have to like it, or shouldn't share our opinions on the matter. People question other people's opinions, it's called a DEBATE, on a fans forum I thought that was supose to happen?

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 97
ginnywings
September 15, 2012, 8:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Dress it up all you like but we should have won there today and we have now failed to beat Southport, Barrow, Nuneaton and Kiddy, also lost at home to Stockport. That is not promotion form. We let teams off the hook time and time again.

Beating the poorer teams in the league allows you a bit of leeway if you lose to the likes of Luton and Forest Green, which could easily have happened last week. Newport showed how it's done today, winning 3-0 at Barrow, who everyone assured us were a really tough team to beat at home when we drew there, again trying to put a gloss on a poor result.

I'm heartened by our resolute defence and all good sides are built from the back, but we really need someone to put the ball in the net. Hearns season is over in my opinion because even when he is healed, he will be rusty for a good while after a serious injury. We must go out and get a consistent goalscorer soon as, or we will drift in midtable.

We don't have a striker anywhere near bothering the goalscoring charts, while teams like Tamworth, Nuneaton and Woking do. Something wrong there. Needs sorting.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 97
Gary Haddock
September 15, 2012, 8:36pm

Brandy Drinker
We play teams twice in a season, would you be eating your words and admit you're wrong if we was to be promoted? It's still too early to be a defeatist, on average the teams that win this league loose at least 5-6 games, we have only lost 1 so far, so I am optimistic on those grounds. And I am sure the goals will come just like last season, maybe even better than last season.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 97
nelly_gtfc
September 15, 2012, 11:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from 470
Town should go in for some player around 20 years old, who plays in the reserves, Wycombe signed 19 year old [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcello_Trotta]Marcello Trotta[/url] from Fulham on loan last season and he banged in 8 goals in 8 games!

I bet their is loads of talented players who would love to play first team football out there, gathering dust in the reserves, even if we get a striker in just for a month it could be a great boost.
Quoted from nelly_gtfc
I get the impression Rob Scott reads The Fishy! lol
Quoted from Gary Haddock
Wouldn't surprise me, I would if I was manager or player. I'd want to know what our fans think.

Reason I said that is because 20 minutes later, he's on the Radio and totally random out the blue - said "it's alright saying sign some young player from the premiership on loan, but their on at least 5K a week, we can't afford that, and alot of players don't want to drop into the conference."

Freaked me out! haha.  
Reply: 94 - 97
Gary Haddock
September 15, 2012, 11:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 470
[/quote]

Reason I said that is because 20 minutes later he's on the Radio and totally random out the blue - said "it's alright saying sign some young player from the premiership on loan, but their on at least 5K a week, we can't afford that"

Kinda freaked me out! haha.  [/quote]

Ah right, he's right though, which is why I haven't jumped on the "bring in some youngster" band wagon. If they are from our league they may not be what we want plus we have Southwell. I think, like someone else mentioned, that we have the fire power, it's just a case of playing the right ones together because at the moment it hasn't worked upfront, maybe need to mix it up abit. I think Scott and Hurst know what they are doing and I have faith in them to turn the goal scoring drout around into a flood of goals just like last season, which is why I try not to criticise.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 97
louth_in_the_south
September 16, 2012, 7:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
I hope S&H read ginnywings post above cos it hits the nail on the head

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 97
ROKERITE
September 16, 2012, 8:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I hope S&H read ginnywings post above cos it hits the nail on the head

I don't think they need to read it. Ginnywings knows it, you know it, I, who never sees Grimsby play, knows it; so I'm rather sure H&S know it very well.
I'd imagine they're pleading with Mr Fenty to give them the funds to bring in the striker who could turn a decent season into a great one. Let's hope he is persuaded.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kiddy match thread??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.