grimsby pete
November 6, 2012, 10:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from petethemariner

Sorry to be pedantic but FACT we will have a big win on Saturday isn't a FACT until it happens!

From one pete to another,

Thats why I said PM me if  I  am wrong.  

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 283
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 10:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc

I presume you are including tonights game and the FA cup results in that because thats the only way its unbeaten in the last 6 at home, and if so they havn't won the last three because they drew with Harrogate in the Cup before us, and they drew 2 out of the last 3 league games at home before that.

Unbeaten in their last 6 in all comps.
Won their last 3 in the league.
Talk about splitting hairs, do you have a point or are you just arguing for the sake of it ?

Reply: 271 - 283
petethemariner
November 6, 2012, 10:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Can we also say that Hyde were a  part time team, struggling in the league, that lost their top scorer and best player, plus their goalkeeper  in the warm up before the game, but still beat us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 283
Fishfinger
November 6, 2012, 10:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Quoted from petethemariner
Can we also say that Hyde were a  part time team, struggling in the league, that lost their top scorer and best player, plus their goalkeeper  in the warm up before the game, but still beat us!

Knew things were too good to be true...we all thought it would be an easy win and the opposite occurred. Such a hard league to predict-no matter who you play! Roll on Saturday...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 283
cod.gtfc
November 6, 2012, 10:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

Talk about splitting hairs, do you have a point or are you just arguing for the sake of it ?

arguing for the sake of it, you said "unbeaten in last 6 at home, won the last 3", and again they havn't won the last 3 at home, nor have they won their last 3 games.

If you gonna post facts to try and make things look positive at least get them right, or word them right, not all comps for one thing and league for another without mentioning what you mean

oh and I am not being negative about tonight, read my previous I have written tonight off as one of those nights every team has, move on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 283
80sglory
November 6, 2012, 11:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc
arguing for the sake of it, you said "unbeaten in last 6 at home, won the last 3", and again they havn't won the last 3 at home, nor have they won their last 3 games.

If you gonna post facts to try and make things look positive at least get them right or word them right, not all comps for one thing and league for another without mentioning what you mean

Oh so very sorry a thousand apologies I forgot to put "in the league" at the end.  

Oh and yeah, like no-one ever tries to tweak the facts on here do they ?  

Tosser !
Reply: 275 - 283
jonnyboy82
November 7, 2012, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from 1600

Oh so very sorry a thousand apologies I forgot to put "in the league" at the end.  

Oh and yeah, like no-one ever tries to tweak the facts on here do they ?  

Tosser !

LOL.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 283
rancido
November 7, 2012, 11:20am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,662
Gold Stars: 102
Posters on here keep going on about how Miller should have started because of last Saturday. The fact remains that Pearson and Pond have been the central pairing in a defence that has been argueably one of the best in this league thus far. It was always going to be a tough decision and it's easy for posters to say it was wrong BUT it wasn't their decision to make. For what it's worth I think it was right to play Pearson and from what I can gather from the match feed-back none of the goals were down to him.
I notice we also have posters on the match thread having a go at The Dynamic Duo and doubting their ability. This is the same management team that have turned this team around in a relatively short time. Yes , I know there are still some areas for improvement but we are in a play-off position and could so easily have gone top last night or consolidated our position. This is a wide open league with no obvious team turning in excellent performances week in , week out. We are still in touch with the top spot and a lot can happen before the end of the season.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 283
80sglory
November 7, 2012, 4:53pm
Guest User
Great post, well said !
Reply: 278 - 283
carrot top
November 8, 2012, 9:03am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from 1600

Sorry 80's but as mentioned in a previous thread you are incorrect about Hyde's recent form. As you can see they have lost 2 out of the last 6. Its not splitting hairs as facts are facts.

Harrogate Town 1-0 Hyde
     Wed 31 Oct

Cambridge 0-1 Hyde
     Sat 27 Oct

Tue 23 Oct           
     FA Cup Qualifying - Fourth Round      

Hyde 1-1 Harrogate Town
     Sat 20 Oct           
     Conference Premier      

Hyde 2-1 Tamworth
     Sat 13 Oct      

Kidderminster 3-0 Hyde
     Tue 9 Oct           

Hyde 1-1 Gateshead.
September 2012

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 283
29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hyde match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.