Mighty_Mariner
March 19, 2013, 10:06pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from fiveallive
Macclesfield away at Mansfield saturday if they beat Mansfield then its down to 3 points then things would start to get scary. S&H are the best managers we had in a while but Harry Redknapp got sacked by Tottenham because they diden't win the league, you loose at Blackburn and you get sacked these days so i worry at the end of the season if Fenty pushes the panic button.

And replace them with who? Mickey Mellon? Gary Mills? Knowing Fenty he'd appoint Reg Holdsworth!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 366
fiveallive
March 19, 2013, 10:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
What's happened to Richard Brodie is he injured got a knock because it was all Brodie and Cook now he's out of the picture. And what's Frankie Artus done has he had affair with Scott or Hurst's wife lol, i know he's been injured but he never even made the bench for weeks then gets thrown in at the deep end then dropped again Disley isn't fit so throw Artus in to keep his fitness the guy hasen't hardly played since November so he can play back to back games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 366
TownSNAFU5
March 19, 2013, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
We can start with having a 29 goal scorer when fully fit. Bin shop and 37 goal scorer Brodie, who offers little. Develop  Cook and Hannah.  Get rid of wingers who cannot cross well consistently or even beat a fullback.

Have a strong CM and good cover.

Train as part-timers do. (said tongue in cheek).  Works very well for Nuneaton and other teams. Even Salisbury were a division and beat us in ET after we took the lead in ET.

Get more players in who are physically strong enough for this league and the poor pitches.  Like Kidderminster can still pass well and last for 90 mins.

Stick with a winning team. And concentrate on the league.  Like Kidderminster again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 366
Chrisblor
March 19, 2013, 10:13pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,972
Gold Stars: 242
Hurst sounds despondent. Players saying Nuneaton put more effort in. Worrying stuff.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 366
AdamHaddock
March 19, 2013, 10:13pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
Hurst is usually  calm and composed in these interviews but he really sounds at the end of his tether

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 354 - 366
RoboCod
March 19, 2013, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Devitt worries me. He's an honest player, and I wonder how affected he was by that illness a few weeks back. I remember Tondeur commenting on his first game back saying he looked even skinnier than usual, which was worrying. He's a shadow, literally, of his former self and maybe needs some extra care and attention in rebuilding his fitness. Colbeck won man of the match a few matches back and has been shite/inconsistent ever since and there's no excuses that I can see. Which sums up most of the team right now, they should have been playing for a Wembley shirt tonight and yet they manage the worst performance of the season. Inexplicable.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 366
fiveallive
March 19, 2013, 10:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

And replace them with who? Mickey Mellon? Gary Mills? Knowing Fenty he'd appoint Reg Holdsworth!

That's the point i'm making i don't won't them sacked but Fenty might push the panic button. But if had to pick if Fenty did the crazy and sacked S&H i would go for Mark Cooper new assistant manager at Swindon would easily drop back into this league as a manager or maybe Gary Brabin.

But i still rate S&H but you never know with Fenty he might go cheap and make it Buckley 4 lol.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 366
jonnyboy82
March 19, 2013, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
The current caller on RH saying john lewis looks like he has power and pace.

well intercourse me.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 366
denni266
March 19, 2013, 10:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
i think you have to look at it this way,, they are non league players because thats all they are , and we are a  non league club,  cant blame fenty for this , he has backed the managers all the way most out of his own pocket .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 358 - 366
NBAFCFAN
March 19, 2013, 10:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Well what a game of football! best home performance of the season from Boro. Well apart from the result for you guys hope you enjoyed your stay in Nuneaton, be interesting to see what you think about our town plus the pubs you visited pre match.

Watching that performance I think Grimsby have got alot of work to do before Sunday, we played Wrexham back in December and we lost 1-6 and we wern't that bad, so best of luck on Sunday! We don't want another welsh club getting there hands on our trophy.

Just want to credit you for your fantastic support tonight 264 isn't bad for a midweek fixture, just a shame this wasn't a weekend fixture as it probably would have doubled. Well best of luck at Wembley, also best of luck to the rest of the season, though I wanna see you again next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 359 - 366
37 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nuneaton Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.