8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Zmariner
October 12, 2013, 5:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
My view having seen a lot of the home games is that McLaughlin and Kerr are wy too slow yet they are first choices. I am usually very tolerant with managers but Hurst is getting close for me. Does not have a lot if presence he same as his team. Anything less than a win next week and I would get rid. There are some good players here but a terrible lack of pace and energy in the middle. Way too many holding players. Sort it hurst or time to go. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 12, 2013, 5:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Same as tuesday really only got going once we went behind. Not looking like a top five side too inconsistent basically just not good enough. We must have the two worst right backs in this leage.

After fifty years supporting town the depression of the last ten years is kicking in big time this season and I cannot get up for attending any more matches at the minute. Hats off to the die hards who never miss but my spirit is broken for now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
FishOutOfWater
October 12, 2013, 5:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Fortune favours the brave....we should have gone for this from the off so got what we deserved  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 76
ginnywings
October 12, 2013, 5:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
FGR lost again.

They'll probably beat us next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 76
Zmariner
October 12, 2013, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from jungleland

Bloody hell jack there's nothing like optimistic youth    How long do give them to gel ?   Get rid know Fenty

The lack of support will be the killer. I am a season ticket holder and will remain one in the future but when we are not competitive at this level it gets harder to go and the crowds will plummet. Hurst plays way too cautiously and I have enjoyed very few games this season. Hurst needs to find some magic soon or the ground will be empty utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
petethemariner
October 12, 2013, 5:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I see that Gateshead won again, they appointed a good Manager in Gary Mills and the results have followed,they are steadily climbing the league, think we missed an opportunity when he was available - i fully expect Gateshead to be around the play offs this season, Mills has been there and done it.
Sadly i cannot say the same for us, there are just too many games when we d'ont score, its OK scoring 5 then 3
when that many aren't needed, its when you desperately need a goal that we constantly fail.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 76
Hagrid

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Blame the footwear!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
FishOutOfWater
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
What was the attendance today, particulary travelling Mariners?

Feel sorry for anyone who's given up their weekend to travel to witness us losing to one of these unfashionable clubs AGAIN!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 76
ginnywings
October 12, 2013, 5:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Same as tuesday really only got going once we went behind. Not looking like a top five side too inconsistent basically just not good enough. We must have the two worst right backs in this leage.

After fifty years supporting town the depression of the last ten years is kicking in big time this season and I cannot get up for attending any more matches at the minute. Hats off to the die hards who never miss but my spirit is broken for now.

That's how i feel. Will have to have a massive change of heart to be there next week.

Hurst saying the game was there for the taking but the players didn't sense that. Says we should have had thegame wrapped up by 60 mins and the best one of all was that players were not wearing the right studs for the conditions.

flipping laughable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
grimsbyjack
October 12, 2013, 5:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +15
Quoted from jungleland

Bloody hell jack there's nothing like optimistic youth    How long do give them to gel ?   Get rid know Fenty

Town fans never got on with Scott (who really was the man in charge),because of his manner, leadership and team results, so he`s gone. No loss there tbh.

Hurst is now in charge, and although the team haven`t played to expectations, fans now want HIM to go.  

Give him a bit more time, and let`s make a firm decision end December.

Even with a new manager, we can`t be certain that he`ll get us promoted at the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.