grimsby pete
February 8, 2014, 6:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,822
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from marinette
Attention seeking weirdo.  You know who I mean.  (Not you, badger).  Makes me wonder why we used to think he was so good.

Couldn't really control the ball in those conditions - both teams pretty much cancelled each other out, but we ran out of time towards the end, when they were wasting as much time as possible, so I suppose we must have been dominating.

Not sure if anyone had a particularly good game, but I don't think anyone was shocking either.  Crowd was disappointing - support only really got going well into the second half, when everyone was getting a bit desperate.

The away support is always more vocal,

BECAUSE

Its swelled by us gobby exiles.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
Garth
February 9, 2014, 11:21am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from marinette
Attention seeking weirdo.  You know who I mean.  (Not you, badger).  Makes me wonder why we used to think he was so good.

Couldn't really control the ball in those conditions - both teams pretty much cancelled each other out, but we ran out of time towards the end, when they were wasting as much time as possible, so I suppose we must have been dominating.

Not sure if anyone had a particularly good game, but I don't think anyone was shocking either.  Crowd was disappointing - support only really got going well into the second half, when everyone was getting a bit desperate.

The crowds vocal support yesterday reflected the lack of performance on the field, but we all got a little vocal with our ex ace brainless Brode
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
Garth
February 9, 2014, 11:25am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from grimsby pete

The away support is always more vocal,

BECAUSE

Its swelled by us gobby exiles.

Their support yesterday were very quiet Pete, having said that there was only a small tea shop full of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 106
Caesar
February 9, 2014, 12:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Bit harsh on the support, think in the second half we in the pontoon really cheered the team on and dragged a few good chances out of the team when nothing was really happening on the pitch.

Agree with StiggsGTFC though, the wind was really bad and affected the game but we are all a bit too doom and gloom on here, we often lift ourselves for the big games ala Cambridge and so playoffs we have every chance!  Lets get behind us and not let a few poor results ruin the good feeling that had been developing over this season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
marinette
February 9, 2014, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Garth

The crowds vocal support yesterday reflected the lack of performance on the field, but we all got a little vocal with our ex ace brainless Brode

I quite enjoyed booing Brodie, yesterday.  In fact it was probably one of the highlights for me.  Unfortunately, I suspect he was quite enjoying it, too.  

Don't mean to be harsh on the fans Caesar, as I know we've been through enough, but still a bit disappointed in the support during the first half - a bit feeble for a promotion chasing side, I thought.

Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
Grimal
February 9, 2014, 2:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Caesar
Bit harsh on the support, think in the second half we in the pontoon really cheered the team on and dragged a few good chances out of the team when nothing was really happening on the pitch.

Agree with StiggsGTFC though, the wind was really bad and affected the game but we are all a bit too doom and gloom on here, we often lift ourselves for the big games ala Cambridge and so playoffs we have every chance!  Lets get behind us and not let a few poor results ruin the good feeling that had been developing over this season!

Yes ,I will go along with all that. It seems that to many are ready to criticize when things arn't going to well,as we all witnessed yesterday. At BP we never seem to acknowledge good play but as shown yesterday when Big Mac miss placed a pass everyone was moaning but when he does those wonderful crossfield passes there is very little appreciation heard. Lets get behind OUR team and push them all the way to the playoffs.I think to many people are watching Premiership matches on the box and expect OUR team to play that standard of football but thats not going to happen. I for one enjoy watching Town, home and very often away and will be very happy to support them which ever league we are in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
Garth
February 9, 2014, 6:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Grimal

Yes ,I will go along with all that. It seems that to many are ready to criticize when things arn't going to well,as we all witnessed yesterday. At BP we never seem to acknowledge good play but as shown yesterday when Big Mac miss placed a pass everyone was moaning but when he does those wonderful crossfield passes there is very little appreciation heard. Lets get behind OUR team and push them all the way to the playoffs.I think to many people are watching Premiership matches on the box and expect OUR team to play that standard of football but thats not going to happen. I for one enjoy watching Town, home and very often away and will be very happy to support them which ever league we are in.

That`s message boards for you people saying what they think about what the`ve seen and paid for, very controversial and should be banned
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.