Teestogreen
May 1, 2014, 10:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Thought we were the better side (on BT Sport anyway): very bias reporting and analysis towards Gateshead in my opinion. We'll beat them at their place.

I thought that as well in terms of bias reporting and analysis. Apart from when they scored, Gateshead didn't threaten, and I think because Gary Mills has featured in their TV team earlier in the season (was it Hyde v Grimsby), they favoured him because they knew him.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
Badger57
May 1, 2014, 10:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
Managed to get back from hospital to see most of second half. We played well and better side but never really looked like scoring. Job done from Mill's point of view I would have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
sonofmadeleymariner
May 1, 2014, 10:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Their Keeper kept them in it we should of won that 3 or 4-1, when we pressured them all of the park we hammered them, shame we were so slowing coming out the blocks and let in a poor goal not to take away from the finish which was great, our goal was a bit of a fluke, shocking pass from Kerr which Disley used voodoo magic on to get in the back of the net.

Got to admit I was proud of every performance tonight except Kerr, he was no where near play alot of the time again and his passing was poor as well again I don't see how he keeps Thanoj out of the starting line up. Shame about Pearson getting his yellow but I knew from the start it was going to happen.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
ackomariner
May 1, 2014, 10:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Their Keeper kept them in it we should of won that 3 or 4-1, when we pressured them all of the park we hammered them, shame we were so slowing coming out the blocks and let in a poor goal not to take away from the finish which was great, our goal was a bit of a fluke, shocking pass from Kerr which Disley used voodoo magic on to get in the back of the net.

Got to admit I was proud of every performance tonight except Kerr, he was no where near play alot of the time again and his passing was poor as well again I don't see how he keeps Thanoj out of the starting line up. Shame about Pearson getting his yellow but I knew from the start it was going to happen.

Scott Kerr played well tonight for me, my mom

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
chicaneuk
May 1, 2014, 10:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Thought we were the better side (on BT Sport anyway): very bias reporting and analysis towards Gateshead in my opinion. We'll beat them at their place.

I felt that too - I thought I was listening to Gateshead commentary frankly. All about how they're working hard, the underdogs, desperate to get into league football, blah blah.. ridiculously one sided it seemed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
jaymariner
May 1, 2014, 10:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
Quoted from ackomariner

Scott Kerr played well tonight for me, my mom

I disagree, he disappeared for most of the game and most play went around him rather than through him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
ginnywings
May 1, 2014, 10:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I also thought Kerr was MOM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
barralad
May 1, 2014, 10:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127

Are you sure you were watching the same match?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
Bruce Springsteen
May 1, 2014, 10:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -9
Approval: -315
kerr wasnt brilliant

best player was The Shop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
Grimal
May 1, 2014, 11:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9

I agree with this and yes the reporting and analysis on BT sport was very biased towards geatsead.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.