psgmariner
March 2, 2015, 4:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Abdul19
I don't get the logic at all. Even if a 'B' team get to the final, they'll have played what - 5, 6 games over the course of a few months. Who or what does that benefit? How is that better than going out on loan, when even if it's only for a month the player will play the same amount of games.

Cos they have B teams in Spain and Spain won the World Cup a few years ago. Duh!

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
BIGChris
March 2, 2015, 4:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
As usual people are willing to sell their souls for a few quid
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
horsforthmariner
March 2, 2015, 5:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,633
Gold Stars: 9
The Premier League clubs really want this stupid B team thing don't they. I bet the league clubs were told accept this or we'll send less cash down the pyramid.

It's not about the England team as if it was clubs would be cutting back on foreign players and we would have winter breaks, it's all because Man Utd and Chelsea want to employ foreigners not on there books so they can develop a talented 17 year old from Senegal rather than Salford.

I just wish we were good enough so I could boycott the competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
grimsby pete
March 2, 2015, 6:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,823
Gold Stars: 222
Why don't all Prem  B teams play each over in a league every week ?

Or

As the championship clubs are not in the JPT,

Have a cup competition with them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
AdamHaddock
March 2, 2015, 7:17pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,834
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete
Why don't all Prem  B teams play each over in a league every week ?

What like a reserves league? What a radical concept  

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
Maringer
March 2, 2015, 8:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
The League clubs who voted for this obviously don't realise it is just the first step on a slippery slope. They will bed this in for a season or two then continue their push for 'B' teams in the League proper (whether extended or not) and this will give them leverage. They'll say, look how the competition has improved with some large attendances which are good for the lower league clubs so obviously inclusion of 'B' teams would be a boon in the League as well.

Surely the League clubs voting for this must realise that the fornicators running the game (including the buffoon Dyke and his flunkies) simply don't give the tiniest of tosses about the lower league clubs and will do anything they can to give the big teams whatever they want?

In the event that we manage to get ourselves promoted back into the League, I think I'll make a point of refusing to attend matches against 'B' teams should they be admitted to the League or any of the cup competitions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 2, 2015, 8:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
This may be a silly question but how will they define a B team player? Is it a player who has never played for the first team?

Otherwise, if there is no definite B team league that qualifies players, what is to stop a team slipping in some first teamers?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2015, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
The League clubs who voted for this obviously don't realise it is just the first step on a slippery slope. They will bed this in for a season or two then continue their push for 'B' teams in the League proper (whether extended or not) and this will give them leverage. They'll say, look how the competition has improved with some large attendances which are good for the lower league clubs so obviously inclusion of 'B' teams would be a boon in the League as well.

Surely the League clubs voting for this must realise that the fornicators runining the game (including the buffoon Dyke and his flunkies) simply don't give the tiniest of tosses about the lower league clubs and will do anything they can to give the big teams whatever they want?

In the event that we manage to get ourselves promoted back into the League, I think I'll make a point of refusing to attend matches against 'B' teams should they be admitted to the League or any of the cup competitions.

Corrected your typo.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2015, 10:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from BIGChris
As usual people are willing to sell their souls for a few quid

How long has the Premier League been running now? Not far off the 24 years mentioned here......

"..the Devil's representative, Mephistopheles, appears. He makes a bargain with Faust: Mephistopheles will serve Faust with his magic powers for a set number of years, but at the end of the term, the Devil will claim Faust's soul, and Faust will be eternally damned. The term usually stipulated in the early tales is 24 years; one year for each of the hours in a day"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
jock dock tower
March 2, 2015, 10:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Barcelona "B" play in front of 1500 folk if they're lucky.

None of the first team squad play in the "B" side, even coming back from injury, so the fans are supporting a wholly different team from the first team, and that's why it doesn't work, there's an absolute disconnect to anything to do with Messi et al. Probably extended family and friends watching the games.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Johnstone Paint Trophy - B Teams

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.