27 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
March 14, 2015, 7:15pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
Absolutely FECKING GUTTED!!!! Feels like a loss!!! FECK YOU PH!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 260
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2015, 7:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
We've won the last four games by one goal. We could have conceded late in any of those games. Today we did. Hurst plays the percentage game, the cards don't always land in our favour but on average they will. That's what the percentage game is all about.

Only by the skin of our flipping teeth Rob.

Barnet was looking shaky tip we got the late late winner(s).
Braintree and Telford - we nearly threw it all away.
Woking was a very nervy last 10 minutes.

You don't get lucky 4 / 5 times on the bounce doing the same thing. Odds are it will go wrong soon enough.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 260
headingly_mariner
March 14, 2015, 7:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Absolutely gutted, he needs to come out and say he got that wrong. They had been right in the game and I never felt we were cruising but the second should have sealed it. The problem was parslow didn't affect the game, I think he touched the ball once, we just isolated Pittman and didn't use the extra man in midfield to keep the ball. Such a shame, I left feeling sick. They looked a decent side though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 260
Abdul19
March 14, 2015, 7:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Wanking over percentages is all very well but that's 2 points spunked away, no arguments about it. I'm a PH fan but that is one he's got wrong.  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 260
ska face
March 14, 2015, 7:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
If we're dealing in percentages, GrimRob is 100% div.
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 260
ackomariner
March 14, 2015, 8:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from springstomind
Christ get off his back now, he's the manager and he's doing very well this season.  Mourinho has a world class record and his defensive mentality and similar subs threw him out of the CL the other day.. I'm not comparing Mourinho with Hurst, but I'm just saying .. It doesn't always work.. He doesn't need crucifying.  If he'd of come on and said yer fair one my mistake, we would all lose faith in his decision making anytime to went wrong in the future. I think he's kept self respect and dignity and a similar sib would work in the future... 90 percent of the reason he's gettig nailed was because as soon as he made the sub JT said.. "As long as it works".. Keep supporting the team and manager and on we go!

He'd of got some respect if he said" my mistake, I got it wrong big time" but no, not hurst, so I think the anger aimed at him today is worthy......not how you describe

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 260
Garth
March 14, 2015, 9:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
I was a hundred yards away from him today, had I been nearer I would have offered him my jester hat, IMO after the substitution he earned it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 260
SamTheMariner
March 14, 2015, 10:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
I think its a case of Hurst being a naturally cautious manager, and most of the time it works but at Altrincham and again today. He's not a bad manager, just conservative. We all wouldn't be saying this if Jolley had finished that easy chance late. If that had been Lenny, everybody would be slating him.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 260
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 7:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Hurst can't sense it like we can the title is there for the taking.

Can't someone hide YOUNG MR GRACE AWAY(YOUR ALL DO'IN VERY WELL) for another eight games and bring someone in who as ambition the mood of the players and the fans as taken another big slump was hoping for a bumper gate here against Eastleigh,

FFS HURST GO FOR IT AND STOP FECK ARSING ABOUT!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 260
tashee69
March 15, 2015, 3:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from springstomind
Christ get off his back now, he's the manager and he's doing very well this season.  Mourinho has a world class record and his defensive mentality and similar subs threw him out of the CL the other day.. I'm not comparing Mourinho with Hurst, but I'm just saying .. It doesn't always work.. He doesn't need crucifying.  If he'd of come on and said yer fair one my mistake, we would all lose faith in his decision making

What ?!!!!
Willian for Oscar, like for like because of Oscar getting booked
Zouma for Matic, defender/defensive midfielder goes into a defensive midfield position due to injury, so like for like.
Drogba for Ramires, centre forward on for midfielder.
How is that defensively minded substitutions.

I would not have a go at anybody who holds their hands up and realises they've made a mistake when EVERYBODY can see it's their fault, be it a ref, a player, a manager or anything in life. It takes something called being a better person for admitting it and being able to acknowledge there is a problem and that it can be put right.  What I hate to see is something that is causing problems and finally has now failed as being seen as not a problem. It's been coming for a while and we've got away with it down to luck. To cover up your eyes and hope to luck again is absolutely ridiculous especially when you consider the team we have is capable of winning comfortably, as has been shown with the Woking and Chester games.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 260
27 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.