diehardmariner
July 28, 2015, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

whilst the above in bold is said tongue in cheek, thats the only slight concern, very slight that is.

our 3 centre backs are solid, but need to score more at the other end

Not if the strikers are scoring freely they don't.

Defenders are there to defend and then defend again.  If they chip in with the odd goal, bonus.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
July 28, 2015, 2:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from diehardmariner

Not if the strikers are scoring freely they don't.

Defenders are there to defend and then defend again.  If they chip in with the odd goal, bonus.

Agreed. Anyway, Pearson bagged a few last season and is always a threat. Gowling bagged one on his debut and can't have played more than ten games for us anyway! Toto isn't going to get too many I don't think but no worries there, we have goals all over the pitch.
Reply: 11 - 15
Les Brechin
July 28, 2015, 2:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
I wonder who will be taking the penalties this season.

We haven't had one in pre-season so no indication there.

On a selfish note, I hope it Amond seeing that I've got money on him to be top goalscorer in the league.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Garth
July 28, 2015, 2:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Absolutely no real comparison to the real thing but we have scored one quarter of the goals required now that would probably ensure the title at the end of the season, makes you think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Maringer
July 28, 2015, 2:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,647
Gold Stars: 189
I think that both Bogle and Amond take pens so could be a battle between them to decide who gets the shout!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Madeleymariner
July 28, 2015, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Something Ive noticed form bits I've seen from videos last season and this, Amonds movement off the ball is superb, Look at that goal against Notts C the other day. Where he is when Gowling kicks it and where he is by the time Pittman has controlled it. Hard as LJL worked he didn't have that instinct.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goal scorers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.