Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LINCOLN CITY - NO EXCUSES CAN BE MADE!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 181 Guests

LINCOLN CITY - NO EXCUSES CAN BE MADE!

This thread currently has 8,559 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 27, 2015, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33
That's an interesting thought and, funnily enough, is exactly what all of my York supporting mates said about Brown.

I said this last season and I've seen nothing to change my mind - Scott Brown looks really good in a poor team, he breaks play up, loads of effort etc. In a good team, he needs one more touch than anyone else - an example? - we looked much better at Wembley when Clay replaced him.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
chaos33
August 27, 2015, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I think there's plenty of evidence for that. For me, he turned out to be half the player he looked in pre-season last campaign. And, his goals and assists combined total was way below what could have been reasonably expected.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
acko338
August 27, 2015, 9:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Brown - potential not yet fulfilled - and if and when he is fit again, probably owes us some hard man performances,

Still missing the central midfielder who can bully the opposition.

It'll be interesting to see how Robinson is used for this month while Brown is recuperating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
Biccys
August 28, 2015, 10:28am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I'm not denying that Brown is a bit of a clogger when it comes to ball playing, what I am saying is we have missed that bite in the midfield when he's not played. We look weak when we don't have the ball without him in there, or someone like him. Maybe Robinson is the player to take that role from now on, to be replaced with Clay when the opposition are worn down a bit. I don't doubt for a second that Clay is a better ball player than Brown. Wht we don't have is a battler who will fly into tackles to release the ball for our more creative players. Can you remember Diz or Clay doing that for each other, cos I can't.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 42
RoboCod
August 28, 2015, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Biccys
I'm not denying that Brown is a bit of a clogger when it comes to ball playing, what I am saying is we have missed that bite in the midfield when he's not played. We look weak when we don't have the ball without him in there, or someone like him. Maybe Robinson is the player to take that role from now on, to be replaced with Clay when the opposition are worn down a bit. I don't doubt for a second that Clay is a better ball player than Brown. Wht we don't have is a battler who will fly into tackles to release the ball for our more creative players. Can you remember Diz or Clay doing that for each other, cos I can't.

Agree completely. Disley and Clay are both good at what they do, but those things that they do well don't include giving our midfield that certain 'energy', something that Brown looked like  he might once have been capable of doing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
1mickylyons
August 28, 2015, 11:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Robinson did ok 2nd half last week and we need the extra height tomorrow as most of the time the ball will be in the air.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
Mariner_09
August 28, 2015, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Has to play 'the best side' not just the side that tries the hardest in training. East at RB, Toto and Pearson at CB, Clay and Diz in CM, The Funky Monkey and Arnold wide and Bogle and Amond up top. We need a clean sheet and a win. Hope we don't get pre-occupied with Liam and get behind the team.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
Biccys
August 28, 2015, 11:53am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Spot on for me that Mariner_09. Agree wholeheartedly, we can have Marshall and JPP on the bench to bring on and ruin them late on and smash them 3-0.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 42
1mickylyons
August 28, 2015, 11:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Biccys
Spot on for me that Mariner_09. Agree wholeheartedly, we can have Marshall and JPP on the bench to bring on and ruin them late on and smash them 3-0.

I would take a 0-3 scoreline and in all seriousness failure to beat these jokers means you can forget winning the league  already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
FishGY
August 28, 2015, 12:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +65
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I would take a 0-3 scoreline and in all seriousness failure to beat these jokers means you can forget winning the league  already.

Well that's not true is it, they beat Barnet twice last season and Barnet still won the league..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LINCOLN CITY - NO EXCUSES CAN BE MADE!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.