6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
November 24, 2015, 10:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,891
Gold Stars: 42
According to the BBC table, Dover have played an extra game compared to us.  Their GD is massively inferior to us as well.

Portsmouth 0 York 0 at HT.  It finished 6-0 to Pompey!   Jonathan Greening in one of his first games back at York given a straight red in the first half for an elbow in the face.  

Yyork now second to bottom and could easily drop back into NL.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
KingstonMariner
November 24, 2015, 10:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

When i saw the Tranmere score, my mind went straight to the Braintree hammering and the one at Halifax. As you say, their forum will be interesting.

I don't see losing 4-1 at Woking nearly as bad as losing 5-0 at Braintree. Apart from the GD being 2 better in Tranmere's case, Woking are a club with a long pedigree at this level (bar a few seasons in the Conference South). In 2011 Braintree were in their first ever season at this level having been in the Isthmian League not many seasons before.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
mimma
November 24, 2015, 11:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
McNulty has certainly shored up Tranmeres defence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
Abdul19
November 24, 2015, 11:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Tranmere's Hayes and Yeading was Boreham Wood.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
ginnywings
November 25, 2015, 12:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don't see losing 4-1 at Woking nearly as bad as losing 5-0 at Braintree. Apart from the GD being 2 better in Tranmere's case, Woking are a club with a long pedigree at this level (bar a few seasons in the Conference South). In 2011 Braintree were in their first ever season at this level having been in the Isthmian League not many seasons before.

Not comparable i agree but it did make me think of some of the tonkings we've had and how sobering it is. Didn't know Tranmere  had pulled one back either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
WokingMariner
November 25, 2015, 7:41am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Win flattered Woking a bit one of those games.where one side missed all their chances and the other scored all theirs.

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 54
Davec
November 25, 2015, 7:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
Surely Gary Brabin will be dismissed now?

Don't even know why they appointed him when he has been very average all his management career, bet they only did it because he was local
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
thevera
November 25, 2015, 8:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Tall order to be top by new year. I am assuming Cheltenham are already out the FA cup so they will have an extra game to play before Jan 2nd which means they will have to drop at least 9 points in 6 games before then in order to go above them.
On the subject of last nights games I can see Oldham, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd and Tranmere all looking for new managers by the weekend.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
Les Brechin
November 25, 2015, 8:56am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from thevera
Tall order to be top by new year. I am assuming Cheltenham are already out the FA cup so they will have an extra game to play before Jan 2nd which means they will have to drop at least 9 points in 6 games before then in order to go above them.
On the subject of last nights games I can see Oldham, Barnsley, Sheffield Utd and Tranmere all looking for new managers by the weekend.  

They lost at Hartlepool in the 1st round. They have a home league game against Chester on FA Cup 2nd Round weekend.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
promotion plaice
November 25, 2015, 12:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Think Tranmere are having what is known technically as their 'Braintree realisation'. Their forum might be worth a glance later!

From the Tranmere forum -
This league is stronger than league 2 there should be 4 up 4 down its league 3. I think lots of us have expected this league to be rubbish and it's far from it, I expected to win this league before we kicked a ball now is be happy with a top 10 finish and hope for better next season, keeping this manager for any longer will hurt us next season as we need to start next seasons pre season now if peeps understand where I'm coming from.

Posted by a one night only Boreham Wood fan tonight, welcome to the unfair and tougher than most league clubs think, National League.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonight's football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.