4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
coxy
February 10, 2016, 1:21am

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +67
Home and very happy with that performance, Nolan and gowling best two players on the pitch. We looked very sluggish throughout long periods but at the same time never really looked like conceding. Referee seemed OK, could and probably should have sent disley off but sometimes look favours the brave.

Well done to Hurst played Nolan (scored) brought Jp on (scored).

Special mention to someone off here who kindly offered me a lift today (won't mention name 😉)

And well done to all who made the journey another great turnout! Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
ponnyfan
February 10, 2016, 1:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Yes...credit to all who turned up Coxy....long journey to Kent.....UTM

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
barralad
February 10, 2016, 2:57am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,294
Gold Stars: 126
Cannot argue with most of what's been said so far. The early goal had me reaching for the internet to find out how to spell deja vu. Undoubtedly a bad goal to concede-a deep cross and what looked suspiciously like a free header although he took it well.
For most of the first 25 minutes we looked like we were willing to be bullied off the ball. Too many half-hearted challenges and hopeless aerial balls gobbled up by their mountain range of defenders. The only bright spot in that period was Arnold who was definitely up for it-quickly found the range with his corners and played some lovely touch football.
The remainder of the half was all Town. Nolan took his goal exceptionally well-cool head and an excellent strike. Podge absolutely rattled the post and it looked nailed on for Town to go on and win convincingly.
Unfortunately half-time got in the way! Town's momentum slowed and the first 20 or so minutes of the second period mirrored the first half.
An earlyish substitution by Hurst to take off Omar who couldn't do very much right tonight and replace him with JPP paid dividends as Arnold put in another excellent dead-ball for a stooping header.
A few "hairy" minutes as Bromley pressed for an equaliser and Macca deserves great praise for an excellent save very late on.
Both centre halves did the business although neither full back got forward very much. Arnold and Monkhouse had decent games.
It must have been a difficult decision for Hurst between Clay and Nolan. The former may well have got among them more particularly in the first half but I cannot, no matter how I try, imagine him having the vision and execution to score the first goal. I think it was Ginny on another thread who said that Nolan makes things happen. He has a real football brain and I can see him being a massive part of the rest of this season.
Disley got booked and some might consider he was lucky to stay on after another clumsy challenge a few minutes later. I think that was his eighth of the season(?)
There were more than the 394 Town fans officially recorded. Quite a few of us had to go through the home turnstiles as that was the only way to get into the club shop and those that went in the seats entered through a home turnstile as well.
Someone at the Bromley club should reflect on the fact that there were 40-ish Town fans at the ground by 5:45. Bromley stuck to their guns of opening the bar at 6:30. Perhaps they don't need the money.
It wasn't pretty but I'll take the three points.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
ginnywings
February 10, 2016, 3:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad
Cannot argue with most of what's been said so far. The early goal had me reaching for the internet to find out how to spell deja vu. Undoubtedly a bad goal to concede-a deep cross and what looked suspiciously like a free header although he took it well.
For most of the first 25 minutes we looked like we were willing to be bullied off the ball. Too many half-hearted challenges and hopeless aerial balls gobbled up by their mountain range of defenders. The only bright spot in that period was Arnold who was definitely up for it-quickly found the range with his corners and played some lovely touch football.
The remainder of the half was all Town. Nolan took his goal exceptionally well-cool head and an excellent strike. Podge absolutely rattled the post and it looked nailed on for Town to go on and win convincingly.
Unfortunately half-time got in the way! Town's momentum slowed and the first 20 or so minutes of the second period mirrored the first half.
An earlyish substitution by Hurst to take off Omar who couldn't do very much right tonight and replace him with JPP paid dividends as Arnold put in another excellent dead-ball for a stooping header.
A few "hairy" minutes as Bromley pressed for an equaliser and Macca deserves great praise for an excellent save very late on.
Both centre halves did the business although neither full back got forward very much. Arnold and Monkhouse had decent games.
It must have been a difficult decision for Hurst between Clay and Nolan. The former may well have got among them more particularly in the first half but I cannot, no matter how I try, imagine him having the vision and execution to score the first goal. I think it was Ginny on another thread who said that Nolan makes things happen. He has a real football brain and I can see him being a massive part of the rest of this season.
Disley got booked and some might consider he was lucky to stay on after another clumsy challenge a few minutes later. I think that was his eighth of the season(?)
There were more than the 394 Town fans officially recorded. Quite a few of us had to go through the home turnstiles as that was the only way to get into the club shop and those that went in the seats entered through a home turnstile as well.
Someone at the Bromley club should reflect on the fact that there were 40-ish Town fans at the ground by 5:45. Bromley stuck to their guns of opening the bar at 6:30. Perhaps they don't need the money.
It wasn't pretty but I'll take the three points.

Hurst said it was his 9th and it was totally justified. Don't think he was impressed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Brisbane Mariner
February 10, 2016, 7:00am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
We got a late goal against a side trying to impress a new manager. Just what Chelts have been doing. Banana skin avoided.

This exactly - we have been applauding FGR and Chelts for doing exactly this and we somehow find negatives - I can only see three points for us! UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 31
DocTower
February 10, 2016, 7:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from ginnywings

Hurst said it was his 9th and it was totally justified. Don't think he was impressed.

Starting to struggle now in games , or not so imposing  whether he is starting to loose his pace , timing I don't know , time does eventually catch up . Same thing happened to Futcher when he was here .  Some won't like the fact but it happens to all of us .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Hagrid
February 10, 2016, 7:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,474
Gold Stars: 536
Not sure i agree with that^ this season we've seen a different dis, but i wouldnt say things are catching up with him, take his performance away at lincoln, he was exceptional- just he stays back a lot more now and has developed into a holding midfielder who keeps gettigg booked !! 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
Southernboy
February 10, 2016, 7:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Agree with most of the above especially Gowling as MOTM.  Couldn't understand why we kept playing the long high ball which their defence had all day and then Pitman scores form a similar loft into the box - what do I know? Awful ground, got there an hour before ko and not allowed in the bar although the helpful police told us it was only a 15 minute walk, in the pouring rain, to the boozer. Town stuck at it and kept going and I'll take the 3 points.

Bromley big and strong but had nothing. McKeown's save with a few minutes to go was brilliant. Ref did ok, kept his cards to himself when they might have been used earlier. Dis a little lucky to stay on and a small whinge about the booking for Macca when their keeper had been wasting time since ko!!

Only 1 team wanting to win and they parked all 11 behind the ball at times and only when we took the lead did they really threaten.

See you at Aldershot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
LongEatonMariner
February 10, 2016, 8:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Davec
Kingstonmariner a young guy disconnected it,

And a small chant went out which seemed to mention that the infamous Aaron Rattray disconnected it

Did you see him?! 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
PrestwichMariner
February 10, 2016, 8:36am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5
Nice to see that according to the GET website we had a battling draw last night!!

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.