lew chaterleys lover
February 14, 2016, 9:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Mallyner
I was at the match Tagg and I thought Nolan played really well and appears far from lazy with the end to end displays he has done up to now.

I agree with Tait being man of the match though, the guy he marked could have ripped a lesser right back to shreds.

I was at the match and must say I was as disappointed in Nolan as the other 10.

Nolan, Norwood and Straker were very ordinary.

I am not blaming them, but they are just squad players added to boost numbers; what we really needed was one, perhaps two quality signings to make a good team even better.  

I am not ruling out success in the play offs if we make them because we all know we can play very well at times, but I am a bit deflated due to the top two pulling away and our lack of quality signings to give us a better chance.

What is holding us back? Is it money or the right men not available. Who knows?
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
TAGG
February 14, 2016, 9:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm almost certain you said the same about Clay when he first signed.

I think you will find that I waited to see him play before I made comment and when I did see him I couldn't understand all the slagging he got on here.
I gave Arnold jip when he came back because didn't think he was any good first time around and yes I was wrong there because I like the blokes football and attitude now.
Only seen Nolan once(yesterday)and imo he was crap along with all the others apart from Tate. Yes I may change my mind when I see him a few more times.
Picked him out because of all the man love about him being the bees knees on here..

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
ginnywings
February 14, 2016, 9:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TAGG

I think you will find that I waited to see him play before I made comment and when I did see him I couldn't understand all the slagging he got on here.
I gave Arnold jip when he came back because didn't think he was any good first time around and yes I was wrong there because I like the blokes football and attitude now.
Only seen Nolan once(yesterday)and imo he was crap along with all the others apart from Tate. Yes I may change my mind when I see him a few more times.
Picked him out because of all the man love about him being the bees knees on here..

Fair enough. It's not so much man love, i just think he brings more to the table than Clay but neither are the non league Messi and as Lew says, we need some real quality to take us to the next level. I agree on Tait and i think he has been one of our best signings and i still can't understand why Hurst left him out for a while earlier in the season but then Hurst does a lot that i can't fathom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
chaos33
February 14, 2016, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,987
Gold Stars: 361
Doesn't he just. See East. I've pretty much had enough to be honest.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
barralad
February 14, 2016, 11:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from chaos33
Doesn't he just. See East. I've pretty much had enough to be honest.

Genuine Question:- Does anyone know whether East is fully fit. It seems inexplicable that he cannot make the bench.  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nolan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.