Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Amazing what a good win can do

Suddenly we are all pulling together and PH is a genius

Lets hope the form and togetherness lasts until May 22nd

Think its our year now, but no complacency, and lets hope Podge comes in at 25-1 for lots of us Mariners
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 205
Rik e B
April 19, 2016, 11:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Haha. On Saturday we weren't even going to make the play offs. Tonight, how could anyone even consider that we might not win them?

'A week is a long time in football', 'you're only as good as your last game', 'football supporters are a fickle bunch' etc etc.

Fact is it looked like we were rocking, out of form and the inconceivable -not making the playoffs looked possible. Now we nailed on for playoffs with a good performance to match the win with two devasting strikers. Hardly surprising the angst turning to elation.

Let's build on this, if we can play near our best nobody can stop us barring a major slice of luck or injustice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 205
DickBarton
April 20, 2016, 4:55am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
I told you so! 😇

The double is still on and Paul Hurst is already the best manager since Sir Alan. Turned this club around.

Keep smiling

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 205
Maringer
April 20, 2016, 7:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,555
Gold Stars: 185
Regarding the Tranmere discussion, I'm surprised they haven't cemented a place in the play-offs, though this is based mostly in what I saw in the draw at BP. In that, they looked to have a strong defence and lots of pace in midfield, without much of a threat from their forwards.

It's the pace in midfield which would worry me as this is one thing we struggle to deal with.

Thst said, both Dover and Braintree are resolute and hard to break down so that's something we also struggle against!

Ultimately, it's up to us to put in the performances required whoever we face though they will be tough games. I'm just worried that we'll get another 'special' refereeing decision or two go against us in these games as we've seen so often in the past.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 205
chaos33
April 20, 2016, 7:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Haha. On Saturday we weren't even going to make the play offs. Tonight, how could anyone even consider that we might not win them?

It's not so much that, it's more that we'll be inhibited if we're fearful of playing any one team in the play offs, presuming we are going to get there.
On that performance last night, there won't be one team that wants to play us, and that includes the 'mighty' Tranmere. We need to uphold that standard and capitalise on other teams' potential fear of us.

Imagine your Tranmere fan needing a miracle and knowing that their last game of the season is against us, and they need to win, (and that's IF they beat Eastleigh away on Saturday).

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 205
jonnyboy82
April 20, 2016, 8:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Oh i would love to go to tranmere knowing they need a win and we urine on there parade , would love it.

We can rub it in big time like they did to us , what goes around comes around trannies.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 205
inandout
April 20, 2016, 8:47am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +70
I don't really give a toss who we may get in the final, and if it was Tranmere I would be euphoric as it means we were there and that is all that counts. All this if we put the right team out, if we play to our best, and the worse one, if bad refereeing doesn't cost us I feel is largely subjective nonsense in as much as I guarantee every other of the four play off contenders will be saying the same, and rightly so.

The league table doesn't lie, over 46 games we have been the third best team, but I further suggest that will count for little, because it will surely be as much about resolve, the run of the ball, which direction a deflection travels, who holds their nerve, in short as it has been described many times the play off's are indeed a lottery and like all lotteries only those who buy a ticket can dream of winning it.

Thankfully our 46 match form has deservedly bought us one of just four golden tickets available and now we are largely in the hands of the footballing Gods

Will it be our year?

God we hope so and we can wave this bloody league good bye....can't wait, whoever we play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 205
Chrisblor
April 20, 2016, 9:25am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Maringer
Regarding the Tranmere discussion, I'm surprised they haven't cemented a place in the play-offs, though this is based mostly in what I saw in the draw at BP. In that, they looked to have a strong defence and lots of pace in midfield, without much of a threat from their forwards.

It's the pace in midfield which would worry me as this is one thing we struggle to deal with.

Thst said, both Dover and Braintree are resolute and hard to break down so that's something we also struggle against!

Ultimately, it's up to us to put in the performances required whoever we face though they will be tough games. I'm just worried that we'll get another 'special' refereeing decision or two go against us in these games as we've seen so often in the past.

Tranmere just don't have anyone aside from Norwood who can stick the ball in the net on a regular basis. He's their top scorer with 18, but aside from him they don't have anyone in the squad who's scored more than 4 goals this season.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 205
barralad
April 20, 2016, 10:03am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from chaos33

It's not so much that, it's more that we'll be inhibited if we're fearful of playing any one team in the play offs, presuming we are going to get there.
On that performance last night, there won't be one team that wants to play us, and that includes the 'mighty' Tranmere. We need to uphold that standard and capitalise on other teams' potential fear of us.

Imagine your Tranmere fan needing a miracle and knowing that their last game of the season is against us, and they need to win, (and that's IF they beat Eastleigh away on Saturday).

Absolutely agree with this 100%. We drew with Tranmere here during our dodgy September run. Since then we've improved enough to be requiring one point from two games to make the play-offs. They haven't. We certainly shouldn't fear them.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 205
arryarryarry
April 20, 2016, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
I watched Tranmere v Lincoln recently and to be honest they looked pretty cr@p. They really only won because Lincoln went down to 10 men after Bradley Wood was sent off.
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 205
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woking match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.