Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Which of these sounds the most credible?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 88 Guests

Which of these sounds the most credible?

This thread currently has 3,226 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
June 7, 2009, 1:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
In response to lincolnmariner's plea in the 'How long will Gordon Clown survive' poll I have now launched this.

As usual, you the jury decide.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
June 7, 2009, 2:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
loch ness monster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
aldi_01
June 7, 2009, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
gordon will win an election...but maybe the labour party will win but not with old gord, who knows.

out of those who knows, lol

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
lincolnsmariner
June 7, 2009, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
I think your unfair with the constant attacks. You may have more sense than me and know more than me regarding politics but from what i can tell, he's made mistakes but hes still the best person to take this country forward.

If the cons win, what they going to do different? Other than put my tax up and cut public spending?

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

[url]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf[/url] BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
kingofthekippers
June 7, 2009, 9:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
gordon will win an election...but maybe the labour party will win but not with old gord, who knows.

out of those who knows, lol

LM has voted but I won't say how!  I hope Gordon Brown goes because he is an electoral liability for Labour. He may be intelligent but he is not personable, he comes across as dour, awkward in public situations and to me, although I have been shot down about this elsewhere, something of a bully.

Of course you may say personality should have nothing to do with it but in modern history we have gone with politicians who are likeable and media savvy - Heath, Wilson, Thatcher, Blair - and rejected those who weren't - Callaghan, Foot, Hague, Duncan-Smith, Howard.

I hope Alan Johnson becomes Labour leader but I fear the damage is done. Although you vote for the party not the politician two unelected PM's in a space of a little over 2 years will not do Labour any favours with the electorate. When Brown goes it will have to be followed by a General Election and it is fair to say Labour will be trounced.

The saddest thing is that Cameron is a nothing-politician and his party have no real policies but as they say - oppositions do not win elections, governments lose them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
lincolnsmariner
June 7, 2009, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Quoted from kingofthekippers

LM has voted but I won't say how!  I hope Gordon Brown goes because he is an electoral liability for Labour. He may be intelligent but he is not personable, he comes across as dour, awkward in public situations and to me, although I have been shot down about this elsewhere, something of a bully.

Of course you may say personality should have nothing to do with it but in modern history we have gone with politicians who are likeable and media savvy - Heath, Wilson, Thatcher, Blair - and rejected those who weren't - Callaghan, Foot, Hague, Duncan-Smith, Howard.

I hope Alan Johnson becomes Labour leader but I fear the damage is done. Although you vote for the party not the politician two unelected PM's in a space of a little over 2 years will not do Labour any favours with the electorate. When Brown goes it will have to be followed by a General Election and it is fair to say Labour will be trounced.

The saddest thing is that Cameron is a nothing-politician and his party have no real policies but as they say - oppositions do not win elections, governments lose them.

I voted that he will win the general election, and thats because i think he will.

A poll in the news of the world today asked how you would vote in a general election, shockingly Labour won it.

Labour are the only party with real policys and the only part who are fit to help our country. They have made lots of faults - worse than cons before them, im no expert as i was a kid then but i say no - Gordan Brown has got most against him and hes coming out fighting and its making him better and stronger.

Im no real expert in politics, i tend to drift in and out of keeping up-to-date, but from my point of view, i personally think they are the best to help us, and i think when the election is called next year, people will see a difference from all these on goings at the moment, and they will win because the torys simply do not know what the hell to do.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

[url]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf[/url] BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
kingofthekippers
June 7, 2009, 10:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lincolnsmariner

I voted that he will win the general election, and thats because i think he will.

A poll in the news of the world today asked how you would vote in a general election, shockingly Labour won it.

Labour are the only party with real policys and the only part who are fit to help our country. They have made lots of faults - worse than cons before them, im no expert as i was a kid then but i say no - Gordan Brown has got most against him and hes coming out fighting and its making him better and stronger.

Im no real expert in politics, i tend to drift in and out of keeping up-to-date, but from my point of view, i personally think they are the best to help us, and i think when the election is called next year, people will see a difference from all these on goings at the moment, and they will win because the torys simply do not know what the hell to do.

I don't doubt that Labour has the best policies (I speak as lapsed member) but the problem is Gordon Brown. As it stands the image given off is of a man who can't even control his ministers (or ex-ministers as teh case may be), yet alone run the country. If his own colleagues hold him in contempt how do the electorate respond?

I want Labour to win the next election but they are a party in choas. As I say, the saddest thing in all of this is that the Tories have no policies whatsoever. For Labour the battle is not in winning the next election - which I think we can write off - but the one due in 2014/15.

I suppose one has to resign oneself to the fact that all good things must eventually come to an end.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Citymariner
June 7, 2009, 10:09pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27

As for the politics, I don't care how GB (how fitting his intials) reacts in public situations. thats all media spin etc. I want action and I believe it is difficult to find another member of parliment that is more qualified than GB to strengthen the finacial situation. I maybe wrong it may well be that my gifted and talented maths pupil in my class has the answer...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
kingofthekippers
June 7, 2009, 10:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Citymariner

As for the politics, I don't care how GB (how fitting his intials) reacts in public situations. thats all media spin etc. I want action and I believe it is difficult to find another member of parliment that is more qualified than GB to strengthen the finacial situation. I maybe wrong it may well be that my gifted and talented maths pupil in my class has the answer...

There's the problem. We now live in the era of 24 hour rolling news and with it, the soundbite. Brown is a politician of another era when TV had solid in-depth current affair programmes such as World In Action or This Week. In programmes like that Brown would shine; in recent interviews where even the PM is given only five minutes max, he fails to deliver. Unlike Blair his personality is not geared for the soundbite.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
grimsby pete
June 7, 2009, 10:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
All politicians are in it for themselves, expenses lol !

They all want to take our money and give us very little for it.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Which of these sounds the most credible?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.