Googlebot and 165 Guests

Match Thread

This thread currently has 37,156 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 All Recommend Thread
nelly_gtfc
September 4, 2012, 10:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Les Brechin
These match threads always make me laugh when I don't go to the away games.

Town go behind and most people start slagging them off, saying how shite we are, etc, etc but when we score and start getting back into the game the same posters and all sweetness and light and praising the players who they were slagging off only a few posts ago.

I'm sure some people don't realise that games last for 90 minutes.
I'm sure Birmingham City fans would be the same playing against us when 1-0 down at ours or there place.  

Similar thing really, teams that get around at least 3 times the gates, except 5,000 to 18,000 instead of 1,000 to 3,000+

It's true what Trevor Francis said on TV once, "we (Birmingham City) should be beating the likes of Grimsby."  We (Grimsby) should be beating teams the likes of Barrow, no disrespect to Barrow.
Reply: 350 - 357
barrovianbedlam
September 4, 2012, 10:21pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from davmariner

Interesting about Cook... what do you think of him? From the matches I've seen this season he's been absolutely shite!

confidence player, when he finds it hes great but its getting him to find it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 357
barrovianbedlam
September 4, 2012, 10:21pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Players at this level are here for a reason, ...

so are the teams

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 357
barrovianbedlam
September 4, 2012, 10:25pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from 470
Well to be honest, I doubt it makes much difference anyway whether a team is full-time or part-time, but with 1,000 gates the staff/players can't be on much, surely they have second jobs?

lol.

no which is what makes supporting us all the better,   we can only give 42 week contracts as we cant afford to pay players in the summer, hence why we lose players like cook and mackreth every summer, and only get our squad assembled last minute out of unwanted players.

bottom of the food chain, but at least its a common sense approach without piling up debt like most in this league.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 357
psgmariner
September 4, 2012, 10:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from barrovianbedlam

no which is what makes supporting us all the better,   we can only give 42 week contracts as we cant afford to pay players in the summer, hence why we lose players like cook and mackreth every summer, and only get our squad assembled last minute out of unwanted players.

bottom of the food chain, but at least its a common sense approach without piling up debt like most in this league.

Absolutely. Don't think anyone is criticising Barrow but just bemoaning the fact that we have a HUGE budget every season and still struggle to beat the teams who don't.

Private Message
Reply: 354 - 357
Gary Haddock
September 4, 2012, 10:34pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from psgmariner

Absolutely. Don't think anyone is criticising Barrow but just bemoaning the fact that we have a HUGE budget every season and still struggle to beat the teams who don't.

A huge budget? No ofense to you, but really? I think and thought our budget was something like 300k, that's not really alot.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 357
ticker_1610
September 5, 2012, 12:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Barrow had 3 loan players tonight. Two from Barnsley and a CB from
Colchester. Jackson the no 12 scored their second and I seem to recall he scored against us last season last minute. Apparently he's a local lad but can't get in the Burnley first team.

A fair result Barrow got their tactics right tonight and only the introduction of our subs changed the game in our favour. A bit of intelligence in CM and creativity, Soares attacking LW which balanced with Colbeck RW and Elding not trying to play through a mass of defenders but moving the ball across a stretched defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 357
Super Clive
September 5, 2012, 8:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from supertown
1566 at Lincoln, not less than 1000 as was stated on here

A links echo reporter assumed it on Twitter taking into account st holders that didn't trun up
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.