April 13, 2013, 12:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,964
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Perth Hatter

Five times, shite every time, ok c*nt!

I wouldn't usually get involved with childish WUM's but I'm surprised, if you have actually seen us play 5 times this season, that you would call us 'sh1te every time'. You are obviously claiming some sort of objective football analysis ability, and yet this disparaging assessment seems well wide of the mark. We might not be good enough for promotion - I've got my own doubts - and we might appear to be fairly average at times (I agree), but we played some very good stuff in the league game at BP and absolutely murdered Luton. It was a similar story in the FA Trophy. Luton haven't been able to live with us (until last night) this season, and you have to say, with 7 changes to the first-choice line-up, we were giving you a chance (which you were unable to take)! I think we looked faily decent in the game last night too, despite being under strength. I thought it was an even game on balance and a draw was about right.

Big of you to acknowledge that Luton have been cr@p all season (your'e quite correct), but if you're going to come on here making superior football knowledge claims, let's have it right. We're a top 5 team on merit. We were top for a long time while you were floundering about with the lower-table minnows at your place. Whether we get murdered by Kiddy or Mansfield or not, we must have something - something you don't have and clearly are just a little bit jealous of. Don't be a poor sport; have a bit of good grace. Maybe see you next season (for the obligatory 4/6 points), and maybe not.

Oh, PS: We also took more fans to Kenny Road last night (for a meaningless game) than you brought to BP on your two visits put together. So much for being massive! More like tin-pot 'also-rans'.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 193
RoboCod
April 13, 2013, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Pretty pleased overall with what I saw last night. 2nd game running in which we've played a completely different pair of centre backs, always difficult but did well overall. Took a bit of settling at the start, the hurried lumps away seemed to convince Luton that we've got where we are playing like that, but the first 20 minutes of the second half showed our passing game, which was impressive. Short lived though, as the subs killed the flow again. Southall was poor 2nd half, would surely have been subbed in a proper game? In all, was a bit like a strong reserves game, but on telly.

I'm at a loss as to what Luton do with all the forwards they buy, Shaw was shocking, Gray only comes into it when he goes wider and deeper, but not a great forward in my book. Took a player trying another position to score. I guess if Still can convince his players that they are playing for their contract in every game he might get more commitment, possibly even 6th spot

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 193
Mrs Doyle
April 13, 2013, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Perth Hatter
Thought i'd come on and have a bit of fun wumming, i have to ask if any of you fish heads know anything about the game of football, or is it the fact you cant admit your beloved team were outplayed for75 of the 90 minutes, surely not one of you really think you deserved a point!

I like to call it as it is, if my team are outplayed i'll say so, likewise if they play well, you had a good spell 15 minutes at the start of the second half and that was it, and for some of you clowns who dont know, it was an own goal! All of you who like to put shite on McNulty he made your forward line look silly, Hearn in particular, We were all over you and won the midfield battle all night. Fair enough you made a few changes but so did we, if thats the strength of your squad, well i have to say you are ordinary. If you want to post about a game be honest and tell it as it really was, not one of you has any credibility as far as football goes.

Oh and i have to ask whats with these silly things you say like 'intercourse sake', all a bit silly dont you think?

Oh and of course one last thing, SEE YOU NEXT SEASON, you ain't going anywhere soon.  

God those grapes must taste sour, look we put out a make shift outfit because WE ARE IN THE PLAY OFF's
does that make sense to you with animals like McNuty around it makes sense to me.

Yeah you bossed the game in parts but the first twenty mins of the second half we turned on the style just to show you what a real team can play like.

Luton always the brides maids,not even that this season even Marcus Marshall decided he would rather play for us lol we didn't embarrass you by letting him loose to be fair.

Now go sling your hook and go fishing elsewhere losers don't have the bragging rights. We may see you again,we may not but at least we have the chance going up and YET ANOTHER nice day out in London, (BTW any chance of a free parking spot?) lol.

Now as they say time to feed the monkey's scoff a bunch of grapes try the red ones they are a lot sweeter.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 193
oslohatter
April 13, 2013, 2:16pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +59
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from chaos33

I wouldn't usually get involved with childish WUM's but I'm surprised, if you have actually seen us play 5 times this season, that you would call us 'sh1te every time'. You are obviously claiming some sort of objective football analysis ability, and yet this disparaging assessment seems well wide of the mark. We might not be good enough for promotion - I've got my own doubts - and we might appear to be fairly average at times (I agree), but we played some very good stuff in the league game at BP and absolutely murdered Luton. It was a similar story in the FA Trophy. Luton haven't been able to live with us (until last night) this season, and you have to say, with 7 changes to the first-choice line-up, we were giving you a chance (which you were unable to take)! I think we looked faily decent in the game last night too, despite being under strength. I thought it was an even game on balance and a draw was about right.

Big of you to acknowledge that Luton have been cr@p all season (your'e quite correct), but if you're going to come on here making superior football knowledge claims, let's have it right. We're a top 5 team on merit. We were top for a long time while you were floundering about with the lower-table minnows at your place. Whether we get murdered by Kiddy or Mansfield or not, we must have something - something you don't have and clearly are just a little bit jealous of. Don't be a poor sport; have a bit of good grace. Maybe see you next season (for the obligatory 4/6 points), and maybe not.

Oh, PS: We also took more fans to Kenny Road last night (for a meaningless game) than you brought to BP on your two visits put together. So much for being massive! More like tin-pot 'also-rans'.

Helps when you have many southern based mariners. Also your side is on a high. Luton been poor all season.

That said good luck play offs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 193
oslohatter
April 13, 2013, 2:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +59
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Meza
Apparently last night was the best you've played all season yet you couldn't beat a team that made 6 changes, besides your players would have been up for it, to impress your manager and not wanting to get spanked again like we did to in our last encounters.  If we don't go up I still think we will be a major threat next year.

About the same amount of changes for Luton too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 193
mariner91
April 13, 2013, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from oslohatter

Helps when you have many southern based mariners. Also your side is on a high. Luton been poor all season.

That said good luck play offs

Yeah but you're massive!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 193
Perth Hatter
April 13, 2013, 6:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from chaos33

My point in my first post on this thread was about credit where credit is due, and yet another who thinks you deserved a point, was i watching another game? We bossed the game from start to finish yet not one on here will admit that, so its 7 changes now is it? Its gone from 5 to 6 now 7, mmmm think not 7, we've had 5, 6 or 7 changes every week for the last 2 months, its no excuse for you getting outplayed by a mid table side, and you were soundly outplayed, we played some good games in the FA cup beating prem teams, but that does'nt make us a good team.

Let me point this out to you, this is probably the best chance teams like Grimsby and Luton had of winning the league this season, and we blew it, why? Because we are average, there was no Fleetwood or Stevenage to run away with it, i dont make excuses for this the players and MANAGER were not up to it, but you lot just whine about the opp players, the commentators, next doors dog, or you never had a full team out.

I'm not jealous, just saying how i see it, been there done that, i dont really want to go through the playoff drama again, i just dont think you will get out of here this season or any season soon.

As for being childish, whats this 'we took more fans than you'  nah na na nah, i'd expect an 8 year old to say things like that, and i never said we were a massive club, but you must think we are or you would'nt mention it, do you lot have a bit of a complex about Luton, most small clubs in the conferance do, so i guess you would as well, anyway i wont bother you anymore, SEE YOU NEXT SEASON  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 193
RoboCod
April 13, 2013, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
We bossed the game from start to finish yet not one on here will admit that,

I think you need to leave now. Quit while you're behind.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 193
Meza
April 13, 2013, 6:23pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,642
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from RoboCod
We bossed the game from start to finish yet not one on here will admit that,

I think you need to leave now. Quit while you're behind.

Lol honestly comes on our board and expects us all to do a hitler salute.  You didn't boss the game from start to finish, you had good spells in between our good spells and to say we didn't deserve anything from the game, well you wasn't watching the game on Friday that's for sure, more like an old DVD haha of past meetings.

It's nice to admit that your a mid table team, just look at the clubs who are above you dear oh dear.

Whether we lose in the placeoffs I don't really care because we've had a good season.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 193
Whats_Up_Doc
April 13, 2013, 6:39pm
Shandy Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -2

I'm not jealous, just saying how i see it, been there done that, i dont really want to go through the playoff drama again

Do you seriously expect us to believe that? Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?!!

do you lot have a bit of a complex about Luton, most small clubs in the conferance do,

Who's posting on who's forum? I think that shows clearly who's got the complex!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 193
20 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.