Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 99 Guests

Match thread

This thread currently has 33,600 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
marinette
April 28, 2013, 6:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
They destroyed us.

Not sure what we need.  A bit of control, a bit of accuracy, a bit of confidence, a bit of strength, a bit of speed, a bit of brawn and a bit of fight.

We're floundering really - people say we need a new midfield, yet in the same breath they say Disley is our best player and Niven is the best thing since sliced breath.  Do we need a new midfield or the old one back to full fitness?

I found that quite embarrassing to watch.

Private Message
Reply: 320 - 341
NewportC
April 28, 2013, 6:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Newport County
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 341
BottesfordMariner

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
we looked ok up to the goal- got into one or two good positions early on. The goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and we got worse and worse. Not the first time that has happened this season.

in a game of this importance not to really create any chances when you go into the game knowing you HAVE to win is really disappointing. We have finished with a wimper. Hull fans were slagging their team yesterday for lacking desire- some on here will say the same about Town. I dont know if you can really say that about a team that has finished fourth in the league but not for the first time this season we ran out ideas.

no doubt in the immediate aftermath of the game and with the disappointment we all feel there will over the top reaction like get rid of certain players or sack the Managers or call for Fenty to resign etc etc.

its been a decent season, progress has been made but we have ultimately we have come up short. if we are honest we probably werent good enough. I see no reason for knee jerk reactions or wholesale changes but clearly there will some changes to the squad for next season- some of which may be dictated by money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 341
nightrider
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Be intersting to see if anybody comes in for Liam and Mckeown

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 341
BottesfordMariner
April 28, 2013, 6:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
we looked ok up to the goal- got into one or two good positions early on. The goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and we got worse and worse. Not the first time that has happened this season.

in a game of this importance not to really create any chances when you go into the game knowing you HAVE to win is really disappointing. We have finished with a wimper. Hull fans were slagging their team yesterday for lacking desire- some on here will say the same about Town. I dont know if you can really say that about a team that has finished fourth in the league but not for the first time this season we ran out ideas.

no doubt in the immediate aftermath of the game and with the disappointment we all feel there will over the top reaction like get rid of certain players or sack the Managers or call for Fenty to resign etc etc.

its been a decent season, progress has been made but we have ultimately we have come up short. if we are honest we probably werent good enough. I see no reason for knee jerk reactions or wholesale changes but clearly there will some changes to the squad for next season- some of which may be dictated by money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 341
petethemariner
April 28, 2013, 6:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
2 1/4 seasons of hoofball and i can safely say i'm sick of it, there will have to be dramatic changes at BP to
tempt me back next season and this is coming from someone who saw his first game at BP as a very young child in 1965!
The supporters of GTFC deserve better, we all laugh at Scunny and Lincoln, but Scunny are still a  league above us
and Lincoln in the same league as us again next season - utterly depressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 341
mariner91
April 28, 2013, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,773
Gold Stars: 262
I can forgive a lack of talent (begrudgingly) I'm not asking players to be world beaters. What I can't forgive is being outfought in a crucial 90 minutes, not one of the players seemed to want it or give a shite. The other thing I can't forgive is an inability to do the basics. Why are so many of our players unable to control the ball or pass it with reasonable accuracy?! That was a disgraceful performance, up there with the worst we've ever seen. Toothless, gutless and heartless. These players get a better than average wage to run around kicking a football and they couldn't be arsed to match the effort of the opposition in the most important game of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 341
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 28, 2013, 6:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Once the loan players have gone back I think the only players i'd get rid of would be greg pearson and louis soares. Not sure. We need a scott neilson, a niven that can pass, another winger, another left back. And to only use one or two loan players at a time I think we over relied on them this season and it ruins the conistancy of the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 341
AdamHaddock
April 28, 2013, 6:38pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from jaygy

I Need a break from footy now and will be back next season as I always am but hoping for more heart from the players by then

I know the feeling. I'm going to enjoy the three champions league games coming up and then try to forget about footy. I can't be arsed reading / hearing whatever huff and puff the managers want to come out with now. Their squad has fallen well short.

Improvement on previous years? Without a doubt. But when it really mattered we produced two limp, gutless performances. That dressing room needs more character. Some proper bad-áss  leaders.

Thank god there's no international thingy this summer

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 341
TWAreaTownSupporter
April 28, 2013, 6:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from mariner91
I can forgive a lack of talent (begrudgingly) I'm not asking players to be world beaters. What I can't forgive is being outfought in a crucial 90 minutes, not one of the players seemed to want it or give a shite. The other thing I can't forgive is an inability to do the basics. Why are so many of our players unable to control the ball or pass it with reasonable accuracy?! That was a disgraceful performance, up there with the worst we've ever seen. Toothless, gutless and heartless. These players get a better than average wage to run around kicking a football and they couldn't be arsed to match the effort of the opposition in the most important game of the season.

Well today they lacked the bottle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 341
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.