12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
September 17, 2013, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
well i liked the fact he hasnt said too much to the players as yet and will sit down and analyse with them as a group.
Interesting that it seems Hearn isnt training fully......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 115
Rodley Mariner
September 17, 2013, 10:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from moosey_club

Burton?

No offence but a slightly melodramatic statement i feel.

People will probably get a bit disappointed after a performance and a result like we got tonight. You think it's going well? In  many ways I think this is more depressing than Burton. Then there was the prospect of bouncing back, whereas tonight a fifth season down here seems very, very likely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 115
moosey_club
September 18, 2013, 12:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

People will probably get a bit disappointed after a performance and a result like we got tonight. You think it's going well? In  many ways I think this is more depressing than Burton. Then there was the prospect of bouncing back, whereas tonight a fifth season down here seems very, very likely.

No clearly not going well but as i have pointed out....instability with squad availability, management instability, system adaptation and playing a team who are settled and confident after a promotion and very good run of form at home.
Its no good people just rolling out ...we should beat the likes of Halifax, Nuneaton cos we are Grimsby and we are full time......do you not think Luton have fallen into that trap for 6/7 seasons? We are all competing in the same league, Nuneaton are top FFS and proving what a decent side they are. Just because they didnt play in Division 1 in the 1950's doesnt mean they shouldnt be top.
I am concerned that he duo/solo have reshuffled their approach seemingly relying on Kerr/Paddy to be the magic formula but it appears to me neither are or will be and in that area of the pitch we have gone from a fairly solid pairing last season albeit a little uninspiring  to supposed quality passing midfield which appears cant pass, are slow, small and not physical.
It does appear however as they proved last season they will act quickly when things arent right and weild the axe, ie Jones draughted in now.
Still very early in the season after all.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 115
ginnywings
September 18, 2013, 8:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

No clearly not going well but as i have pointed out....instability with squad availability, management instability, system adaptation and playing a team who are settled and confident after a promotion and very good run of form at home.
Its no good people just rolling out ...we should beat the likes of Halifax, Nuneaton cos we are Grimsby and we are full time......do you not think Luton have fallen into that trap for 6/7 seasons? We are all competing in the same league, Nuneaton are top FFS and proving what a decent side they are. Just because they didnt play in Division 1 in the 1950's doesnt mean they shouldnt be top.
I am concerned that he duo/solo have reshuffled their approach seemingly relying on Kerr/Paddy to be the magic formula but it appears to me neither are or will be and in that area of the pitch we have gone from a fairly solid pairing last season albeit a little uninspiring  to supposed quality passing midfield which appears cant pass, are slow, small and not physical.
It does appear however as they proved last season they will act quickly when things arent right and weild the axe, ie Jones draughted in now.
Still very early in the season after all.

Giving them a game would be a start.

I respect your opinion but ffs, we didn't just lose to those teams, we were comprehensively outplayed, and if you want to justify that by saying we are all in the same league, then so be it, but for me, it's not acceptable.

Losing, i can take, but not competing, when you have all the resources at your disposal is alarming.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 115
Marinerz93
September 18, 2013, 9:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

Giving them a game would be a start.

I respect your opinion but ffs, we didn't just lose to those teams, we were comprehensively outplayed, and if you want to justify that by saying we are all in the same league, then so be it, but for me, it's not acceptable.

Losing, i can take, but not competing, when you have all the resources at your disposal is alarming.

Spot on Ginnywings.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 115
Rodley Mariner
September 18, 2013, 9:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Agreed Ginny. I've certainly not trotted out those lines and I knew it would be tough last night. I said before kick off that I thought a point would be a decent result. What was unacceptable was nothing to do with our opposition, but about our own complete lack of direction, application or any kind of mental or physical fortitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 115
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.