Private Message
Reply: 70 - 79
Mrs Doyle
April 11, 2015, 5:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Yep not one shot on goal just never had an idea. To concede the brilliant run in such a fashion was very disappointing we never even looked like getting anything. Wrexham played the windy conditions a lot better and had more chances definitely a day to forget.   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 79
Tangerine Chris
April 11, 2015, 5:25pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
Once again a team come to BP, park the bus, then do a smash and grab goal.  We were clueless, toothless and useless

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 79
louth_in_the_south
April 11, 2015, 5:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
FGR are going to do us 1-0 home and away I can see it already !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 79
Mrs Doyle
April 11, 2015, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Smash and grab is a bit harsh on Wrexham they certainly were not hanging on and looked very comfortable at the back our lack of pace was really exposed today. The crowd were silent but with good reason town never had a single shot on goal.

Well thats twice the Welshmen have out played us it was like being back at bloody Wembley that time,

Carn't blame lack of effort but we could not break them down that really was a horror show.

One other thing our corners and free kicks are abysmal and have been all season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 79
GrimExile
April 11, 2015, 6:00pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
A truly awful display, no doubt about it and the players did not earn their wages today.

Being an exile I mostly see them away from home but I was at the match today and I was at the Gateshead match too. From my experience it seems to me there are two different types of fans. At home as soon as anything goes wrong the crowd are on their backs and this must effect the players and make it very hard to play with any sort of freedom. Away from home it is a totally different situation. The fans are more positive and consequently they play much better and certainly with less pressure. I do appreciate that I have probably over simplified everything but I think there is a lot more than a grain of truth in what I say.

UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 79
GrimExile
April 11, 2015, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Regarding my above post I am not making excuses for the players. Irrespective of the crowd they were truly terrible today and the performance unacceptable. The only positive thing I can say is surely they can't ever play as badly again!!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 79
nightrider
April 11, 2015, 6:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Seriously, are Grimsby fans really different to every other team in the world??
Poor excuse imo

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 79
GrimExile
April 11, 2015, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Night Rider you make a valid point. Maybe it's because I see GTFC at many more away games than I do home games,  consequently I may notice the home criticism more. One thing I do want to repeat so people are absolutely sure I am not trying to make excuses for the team, and that is I think that was probably the worse performance I've seen in many years from a town side. They should be embarrassed in collecting their wages this week. I just hope that they use this as motivation to get back to form for the play offs. I am so fed up in being in this terrible league. We must at least try and stay positive though. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 79
Mariner Timsky
April 11, 2015, 6:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
On another note it should of been all home wins in the league today, , well done Town for messing that one up as well.

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham match thread and team news

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.