8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
January 2, 2016, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
May as well give Cheltenham the the title now, please don't allow hurst near the loan market, once we are confirmed in the playoffs we can then blood some of our youngsters into the team and see if they have what it takes for next season in the conference.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 74
chaos33
January 2, 2016, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360
Clay is steady at best but he gets in every week because Brown is so poor and can't dislodge him. A better central midfielder desperately needed. Disley isn't blameless either. How many goals (or assists for that matter) have Clay and Disley got between them this season?

We can't expect to keep getting away with it. Lord knows what Mackreth has done to never get a game (and I'd like to hear Hurst explain why he won't give him a chance) so we really could use at least one wide midfielder too. I agree that a ten point gap looks too big to overturn, even with a game in hand. You just can't afford to drop points at home to sh1t teams at this stage of the season when you're trying to play catch up.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 74
jonnyboy82
January 2, 2016, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
So let me get this straight ..

Some looking for a hurst out bashing argument when there isnt one , we have just won 6 and drawn 1 in our last 7 so the people who are looking for something that aint there should go and have an argument with themselves.

Town were below par today but having just won six on the bounce how can we really criticise.

Im usually called a hurst basher but its the pro hurst idiots now who are looking for something that isnt there  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 74
Mariner Ronnie
January 2, 2016, 6:17pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Jesus jonnyboy you have turned a corner!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 74
jonnyboy82
January 2, 2016, 6:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Its not about turning a corner so much i must admit i am a bit less rash, must be the baby boy in the house putting me in my place  

Serously though how can we be to harsh after the run we been on ? Its how we react now what matters.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 74
cmackenzie4
January 2, 2016, 6:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
We are crying out for a creative midfielder, Brown did a nice turn in about the 80th minute which cut them open and we ended up fluffing a great chance, if we had that creative midfielder it would make all the difference imo, feel very frustrated at the moment, they were the for the taking, that's the poorest side I've seen at Blundell park this season.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 74
ginnywings
January 2, 2016, 6:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jonnyboy82
So let me get this straight ..

Some looking for a hurst out bashing argument when there isnt one , we have just won 6 and drawn 1 in our last 7 so the people who are looking for something that aint there should go and have an argument with themselves.

Town were below par today but having just won six on the bounce how can we really criticise.

Im usually called a hurst basher but its the pro hurst idiots now who are looking for something that isnt there  

But therein lies the problem. He get's us close, then we blow it. I think we've been a tad lucky lately and only Amond has been keeping us ticking over. Our luck ran out today and there is always that frustratingly poor performance, especially at home, just around the corner.

Just to clarify, this is not a Hurst out post.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 74
ginnywings
January 2, 2016, 6:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from cmackenzie4
We are crying out for a creative midfielder, Brown did a nice turn in about the 80th minute which cut them open and we ended up fluffing a great chance, if we had that creative midfielder it would make all the difference imo, feel very frustrated at the moment, they were the for the taking, that's the poorest side I've seen at Blundell park this season.

Worse than Halifax?

I thought Guiseley were half decent but we still should have battered them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 74
jonnyboy82
January 2, 2016, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
I thought guisley were awful ginny.

We just looked one dimensional.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 74
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2016, 6:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Its not about turning a corner so much i must admit i am a bit less rash, must be the baby boy in the house putting me in my place  

Serously though how can we be to harsh after the run we been on ? Its how we react now what matters.

Just a little reminder that the game before the run was lost at home to the team we look unlikely to catch. Question is, are you satisfied with a play-off spot again because that seems to be the limit of our capability.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.