Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 97 Guests

Just Back (Bradford)

This thread currently has 22,517 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2019, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Thought we looked more cohesive than we have in donkeys today to be fair. Today we looked like a football team again.

You can see what Jolley is trying to do in terms of the blend between age and experience up front and we looked much more creative in a 4-3-3.

Thought Bradford players and support expected to roll us and this league over pretty easily, with their budget they possibly will.

Hard to single anyone out as everyone had a good game and gave 100% thought Moses looked really interesting plays like he’s playing in the park with his mates that in itself makes him a handful.

Our non chairman seemed to think that Macca “hauled us over the coals” over a new deal well at 1 - 1 today James saved a well earned point with a good double save ....... we’ve grown to accept that as normality but it should still be recognised.

So overall Town the better team but I’m happy with a draw versus a side that will ultimately be real contenders.

UTM!!!

P.S. I thought that Ben Toner was one of the better EFL refs today he was shocking🤬

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 85
moosey_club
August 10, 2019, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,288
Gold Stars: 226
A step up from last week in every dept for me. Looked stronger and solid again without the ball...centre mid and strikers working in unison to close out the spaces Bradford tried to create...superb work rate and discipline for me. Not sure what happened with their goal but from the Pontoon it looked like a defensive lapse with all of the back line stood looking at the linesman claiming an offside, soft goal really on reflection of the rest of the performance.
Attacking wise looked more of a threat than last week, Hanson more effective and Rose going off ( very quiet upto that point anyway ) gave us Ogbu who after a couple of odd moments settled in nicely, impressed with his use of his body when in possession, excellent use of the ball and glimpses of ability in one v one situations...potential there without a doubt.

Clifton so unlucky not to score with a George Best-esque cheeky lob which Ogbu followed up on but we battled on and got a point which we at least deserved.

Ref....fking awful....so inconsistent and his reluctance to show any Bradford player a card was embarrassing.

Attendance.... not sure where another 2000 could have fitted in the ground today...whilst admittedly not a full house but from where i was sat no way.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 85
golfer
August 11, 2019, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Mariner 91's post mentioned Liam Gibson - i'd forgotten all about him. Reading The Tom Easterby report on the Newcastle site I hadn't realised what he had gone through during his illness. What a brave lad-many would have given up..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 85
mariner83
August 11, 2019, 8:27am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from golfer
Mariner 91's post mentioned Liam Gibson - i'd forgotten all about him. Reading The Tom Easterby report on the Newcastle site I hadn't realised what he had gone through during his illness. What a brave lad-many would have given up..

Do you have a link please?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 85
golfer
August 11, 2019, 8:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Just type in Tom Easterby Liam Gibson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 85
lukeo
August 11, 2019, 8:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,390
Gold Stars: 149
Nice to read so many positive comments above.
Maybe in a small minority but I'm not overly bothered about Wednesday's game/result. I'm now looking at fgr and thinking its definitely a game we could win. We should definitely be aiming to make it 3 unbeaten in the league. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 85
lukeo
August 11, 2019, 8:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,390
Gold Stars: 149
Tuesday **
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 85
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2019, 9:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo
Nice to read so many positive comments above.
Maybe in a small minority but I'm not overly bothered about Wednesday's game/result. I'm now looking at fgr and thinking its definitely a game we could win. We should definitely be aiming to make it 3 unbeaten in the league. Utm

I’d like to see us win Tuesday as a cup run in the competition and a good draw would help the bank balance and momentum. All that said though I would like MJ to mix it up a bit with game time for Wright, Charlie and Cooke.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 85
Mariner_09
August 11, 2019, 9:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
First time I’d seen us this season and I’m going to have to stop myself getting carried away after that. We looked miles better than at any stage of the last two and half seasons. Jolley’s cleared established that the best way to be successful in this league is to have lots more pace, bite and physicality than last season and be a menace at set pieces, everyone we got seemed to cause chaos in their box. I thought Hess was excellent, ran the midfield, covered every blade of grass, excellent. Hewitt looks a player, great energy, great cross on him and looked solid. Hanson is a focal point, a big target man but more than just a bully, he won loads of ball in the air and held it up brilliantly. I thought Hendrie did superbly down the left flank, despite having no left foot to speak of. Green worked tirelessly and you could see the panic as they all backed off every time he started running at them. Moses looks like the sort of player who will be effective every now and then but will be massively frustrating to watch. Whitehouse adds that physicality and legs that we missed desperately from our midfield last season and his energy certainly hasn’t suffered with his injury. I still think we’re a couple of players short. If Ohman’s concussed that’s Pollock and Davis at CB on Tuesday and we need better than that. Despite how well Hewitt and Hendrie did I’d still like to see a genuine left footer at left back, hope Gibson is just a left footed version of Hewitt or Hendrie, if so we’re onto a winner. We also need another midfielder, we’re very light if something goes wrong there. Also JF, give Hess a big, long, shiny new contract now!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 85
jamesgtfc
August 11, 2019, 9:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,038
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mariner_09
First time I’d seen us this season and I’m going to have to stop myself getting carried away after that. We looked miles better than at any stage of the last two and half seasons. Jolley’s cleared established that the best way to be successful in this league is to have lots more pace, bite and physicality than last season and be a menace at set pieces, everyone we got seemed to cause chaos in their box. I thought Hess was excellent, ran the midfield, covered every blade of grass, excellent. Hewitt looks a player, great energy, great cross on him and looked solid. Hanson is a focal point, a big target man but more than just a bully, he won loads of ball in the air and held it up brilliantly. I thought Hendrie did superbly down the left flank, despite having no left foot to speak of. Green worked tirelessly and you could see the panic as they all backed off every time he started running at them. Moses looks like the sort of player who will be effective every now and then but will be massively frustrating to watch. Whitehouse adds that physicality and legs that we missed desperately from our midfield last season and his energy certainly hasn’t suffered with his injury. I still think we’re a couple of players short. If Ohman’s concussed that’s Pollock and Davis at CB on Tuesday and we need better than that. Despite how well Hewitt and Hendrie did I’d still like to see a genuine left footer at left back, hope Gibson is just a left footed version of Hewitt or Hendrie, if so we’re onto a winner. We also need another midfielder, we’re very light if something goes wrong there. Also JF, give Hess a big, long, shiny new contract now!

Hopefully Hess is hauling the club over the coals to get an improved deal. His energy and positioning are beyond League 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.