Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 117 Guests

Just Back (Bradford)

This thread currently has 22,518 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
AussieMariner
August 11, 2019, 6:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from psgmariner
Happy to admit I am probably going to be proved wrong about Hanson. Was told by my AFCW supporting mate that his legs have gone and he’s pretty much finished. Looked anything but yesterday. Not only did he win pretty much all his headers he actually seemed to find one of our players almost all of the time. Was really impressed by him.

Ogbu reminded me a bit of a Tom Bolinwara on a good day. Seemed keen to run at them and made things happen. Not the most graceful attacker we’ve had but will cause defenders problems. The replay proves he was way offside for the disallowed goal.

I think we ‘won on points’ but they finished strongly and but for another Mckeown worldie we could have lost.

Think I must have missed Bolawinra’s good days ....
To me Ogbu is almost the complete opposite. TB’s play was epitomised by chasing a long ball and spraying a shot or cross into the stand for a goal kick and in some cases a throw in. Ogbu on the other hand likes to hold the ball up using strength and close control to shield it, making space for a pass. Admittedly he was caught in possession a couple of times early on but once settled in I’d wager he’ll be one of our more effective wide players/attacking midfielders.
Dare I say it, a creative outlet 😃

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2019, 7:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Happy Sunday fellow Fishy readers!

I watched the match on ifollow and was eager to see how the team would perform against a club fancied to be at the top end of the table.

I thought that the team performed admirably, restricting Bradford to sideways and cross field passes without them really getting between the lines- credit to the midfield for their tireless work.

Defensively Ohman and Davis dealt with two very experienced forwards extremely well. I don't think so much that Vaughan and Donaldson had "off days", rather that they were marshalled and harried well by two mobile and dominant centre halves.

I was particularly impressed with Hewitt, he pulled wide on many occasions to create space and delivers a lovely cross into dangerous areas.

I thought the front 3 linked up well together. It was a shame that Rose pulled up so early in the match but that provided the opportunity for Ogbu and he took it well. In the final third defenders had no idea what he was going to do, he was strong on the ball and has quick feet which will make him a nightmare at times.

My Bradford City friends tell me that they were under-par, however I can't help but think Jolley got his tactics right on the day, nullifying the opposition yet allowing us to play like the "home team".

It's two games in however I'm already looking forward to the next League match against FGR in which will be another good test for our improving side.

UTM!

They where definitely under par in terms of how much money they've spent how you can tell that though after a handful of friendlies and two games I'm not sure.

I though it was hilarious when there fans where singing "bring on the champions" I thought they where poor bit of noise when the game started and after they scored but overall relatively quiet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
nightrider
August 11, 2019, 8:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Ogbu, really?  I was hoping for a Donovan-esque type of player  

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
Lincoln Mariner 56
August 11, 2019, 8:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,755
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from nightrider
Ogbu, really?  I was hoping for a Donovan-esque type of player  

First half thought his feet and brains were not connected as he fluffed a couple of promising opportunities to create a goal scoring chance around their box and was wondering what MJ had brought in.

Second half all became clear as he proved a real handful for their defence was very strong on the ball, won it back a number of times, was tricky in and around the box and had the unpredictability that big Tom brought so do see the earlier comparison. Not sure how he will perform long-term but he could be a real game changer, either way!!!

Certainly look forward to seeing him again as had me off the seat a couple of times yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
Mariner Timsky
August 11, 2019, 9:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Just finished reading for the Just Back thread - and I agree with all the comments - great to read such positivity so early on in the season and I think it may of been MJ In his Post Match who said he was actually disappointed with 4 points from two games! Did anyone else pick up on that??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
mimma
August 11, 2019, 10:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Their manager complained that the pitch was too dry, making it sticky which stopped them playing football. What a load of shite! It didn't stop Town playing football did it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
KingstonMariner
August 11, 2019, 11:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

I studied lip reading at university and although on the other side of the pitch i could clearly understand what was being said. Jolly was asked how come the vast improvement, to which he replied  " I,like most managers,read The Fishy for tips and I had been following those by a chappie who calls himself Kingston Mariner hence the shite results last season,but on a tip off from our friend Pep Guardiola I have switched to following a young man who is far advanced for his age in the techniques of the game. I wont tell you his name but he writes under the pseudonym " Golfer "  I couldn't catch any more as they both turned their backs.

If he listened to my tactical advice we should have terminated his contract. If he listened to yours we should have contracted his termination.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
Meza
August 12, 2019, 10:07am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from AussieMariner

Think I must have missed Bolawinra’s good days ....
To me Ogbu is almost the complete opposite. TB’s play was epitomised by chasing a long ball and spraying a shot or cross into the stand for a goal kick and in some cases a throw in. Ogbu on the other hand likes to hold the ball up using strength and close control to shield it, making space for a pass. Admittedly he was caught in possession a couple of times early on but once settled in I’d wager he’ll be one of our more effective wide players/attacking midfielders.
Dare I say it, a creative outlet 😃

According to MJ Ogbu is nightmare to try and get the ball off him lol.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
Maringer
August 12, 2019, 10:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
I hope he can start to move it on more quickly as well. It's all well and good twisting and turning to keep possession in tricky positions, but if you end up slowing play down too much, it lets the opposition get back in numbers. He did that on a couple of occasions on Saturday, though did also get forward OK at times as well. Much improved on the pre-season performance I saw from him so hopefully he'll be able to do well.

It sounds as though Rose won't be out too long from the post-match interview. Just a few weeks, perhaps? Would be good if Ogbu had done well enough by then to give Jolley a tough decision for his selections.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
Rik e B
August 12, 2019, 10:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
He new to the English game remember, I'm quite surprised by such a positive performance after looking a little lost pre-season. I'm sure there's plenty more to come from him once he truly bedded in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.