Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott At The End
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 56 Guests

Scott At The End

This thread currently has 28,177 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Crowthergtfc
August 27, 2011, 10:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
lets all get behind the boys because all of this cant be anygood for fans for players,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 252
FindusFamily
August 27, 2011, 11:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Right, I've read enough here so I'm going to have my say...

To clarify, I did not see what the fan initially said to Scott and I am fully aware that as a cross-section of society, some of our fans are complete idiots. However, Scott's rant was not brave, honourable or even accurate. It was extremely unprofessional and embarrassing for all involved with the football club. As said by a few, it makes us look like a pub side. Let's consider a few points...

Firstly, a manager in any post must be responsible and present themselves publicly in an admirable fashion. Scott came across like a thug not worthy of calling himself a manager. To think someone who acts like this is actually in charge of people is worrying.

Secondly, having witnessed this outburst I am extremely concerned about the man's ability to handle pressure. To be incapable of taking a little bit of criticism is bizarre for someone in his job. It makes me wonder how he will cope towards the end of the season (if he gets that far) when there is real pressure.

Thirdly, his comment about it not being 10 years ago is correct. While I applaud his grasp of time however, he followed this up with a comment about not having the money. After 5 matches 10 years ago we sat top of what is now the Championship. In this scenario we had much less money to spend than probably 22 of the other 23 teams in the division but did well. In this situation, we probably have more money to spend than about 20 out of the other 23 teams in the division so this argument does not stand up.

Basically, the whole thing was very, very embarrassing for the club. While people are idiots though, I appreciate them sticking with the club. I had to laugh today when I saw someone almost pulling his hair out because a Darlington player wasn't closed down 70 yards from goal in the 5th minute. But then, I understand that this man's frustrations are not 5 minutes old, they are 10 years old. This is something that perhaps our management team could do with understanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 252
TownSNAFU5
August 28, 2011, 12:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
It is a good job that Shouty was not here for the 4-0 home defeat to Crewe. He may have had ALL the remaining fans giving him stick.    He needs to keep his distance (literally). He is one of the managers in a responsible position.

Today sets up similar potential confrontations at future games.  And with away fans who will bait him after hearing of what happened today.  It does not bode well for the Club or the team. Keep control.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 252
gingervalentino
August 28, 2011, 12:06am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
The only thing that worries me is that he acknowledges the camera/phone, this should have been the point at which he should have just walked away to stop further embarrasment for himself and the club  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 252
headingly_mariner
August 28, 2011, 1:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,403
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from FindusFamily
Right, I've read enough here so I'm going to have my say...

To clarify, I did not see what the fan initially said to Scott and I am fully aware that as a cross-section of society, some of our fans are complete idiots. However, Scott's rant was not brave, honourable or even accurate. It was extremely unprofessional and embarrassing for all involved with the football club. As said by a few, it makes us look like a pub side. Let's consider a few points...

Firstly, a manager in any post must be responsible and present themselves publicly in an admirable fashion. Scott came across like a thug not worthy of calling himself a manager. To think someone who acts like this is actually in charge of people is worrying.

Secondly, having witnessed this outburst I am extremely concerned about the man's ability to handle pressure. To be incapable of taking a little bit of criticism is bizarre for someone in his job. It makes me wonder how he will cope towards the end of the season (if he gets that far) when there is real pressure.

Thirdly, his comment about it not being 10 years ago is correct. While I applaud his grasp of time however, he followed this up with a comment about not having the money. After 5 matches 10 years ago we sat top of what is now the Championship. In this scenario we had much less money to spend than probably 22 of the other 23 teams in the division but did well. In this situation, we probably have more money to spend than about 20 out of the other 23 teams in the division so this argument does not stand up.

Basically, the whole thing was very, very embarrassing for the club. While people are idiots though, I appreciate them sticking with the club. I had to laugh today when I saw someone almost pulling his hair out because a Darlington player wasn't closed down 70 yards from goal in the 5th minute. But then, I understand that this man's frustrations are not 5 minutes old, they are 10 years old. This is something that perhaps our management team could do with understanding.

Spectacular post!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 252
wycombemariner
August 28, 2011, 1:09am
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
There's only one Rob Scott!  A lot of town "fans" don't deserve a football club!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 252
BrMarin
August 28, 2011, 1:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
we should have kept Woodsy and built the team through the youngsters. We are copulated now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 252
headingly_mariner
August 28, 2011, 1:18am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from wycombemariner
There's only one Rob Scott!  A lot of town "fans" don't deserve a football club!

The way Fenty's reign is going we may not have one much longer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 252
wycombemariner
August 28, 2011, 1:20am
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The way Fenty's reign is going we may not have one much longer.

At least you accept its down to Fenty rather than blaming Scott!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 252
headingly_mariner
August 28, 2011, 1:25am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from wycombemariner

At least you accept its down to Fenty rather than blaming Scott!

I am a veteran of the point the finger at fenty the twit club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott At The End

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.