Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott At The End
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 103 Guests

Scott At The End

This thread currently has 28,173 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ponnyfan
August 27, 2011, 7:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from Alfie
What would sacking them actually achieve? felicitations sake some of the people on this board really are clueless fuckwits.
No-one wanted the job before they got it. They were fifth choice as it is. They've signed THEIR players. If they go, no manager with a sane state of mind would take the job with the pillock we've got running the club and they'd be left with a bunch of players who were signed to play the Scott/Hurst way. 8 managers in as many years, isn't it? Give them time. Scott might not be as polite as Saint Neil but him and Hurst are working their socks off to try and keep a sinking ship alive. Ferguson would've struggled to turn us around. The club is rotten to the core.

Give them time ffs.
A sinking ship they are paid to stabilise

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 252
Marinerz93
August 27, 2011, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We lost so HandS got it wrong, the stats don't lie.   We had two more shots on target and two more shots off target than Darlo.  Darlo got lucky with a deflected goal and their keeper pulled off some cracking saves that on another day would have another keeper picking out of the back of the net.  HandS didn't get it wrong, we just came up against a keeper in great form, we've played in hundreds of those type of games and we've been that team.

Scott showed his passion but also his frustration at losing, we at least deserved a point today.  Some Town fans just look for an argument or fight and HandS may not have had to deal with a minority who just want to stir it.

What's caused an air of tension is losing 3 out of 5 games and one of those was a right spanking.  We need to start winning and HandS have to get on with it and block out the usual euphoria or doom around the club depending on the most recent results.  We are desperate to get moving forward and so is HandS, Rome wasn't built in a day, mainly because I wasn't on that job but getting it right requires patience.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 252
Perkins
August 27, 2011, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ponnyfan
It isn't about hero or villain, but professional ethics

I agree its about professional ethics Ponny, but regarding posts on this thread he already is both a villain and a hero. Im not condoning what he said, he should never have entered into any slanging match with football fans who know more about football management than he does, but he did, and the majority of people put in a similar situation would have reacted in a similar manner.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 252
Wrawby_Mariner
August 27, 2011, 7:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93
We lost so HandS got it wrong, the stats don't lie.   We had two more shots on target and two more shots off target than Darlo.  Darlo got lucky with a deflected goal and their keeper pulled off some cracking saves that on another day would have another keeper picking out of the back of the net.  HandS didn't get it wrong, we just came up against a keeper in great form, we've played in hundreds of those type of games and we've been that team.

Scott showed his passion but also his frustration at losing, we at least deserved a point today.  Some Town fans just look for an argument or fight and HandS may not have had to deal with a minority who just want to stir it.

What's caused an air of tension is losing 3 out of 5 games and one of those was a right spanking.  We need to start winning and HandS have to get on with it and block out the usual euphoria or doom around the club depending on the most recent results.  We are desperate to get moving forward and so is HandS, Rome wasn't built in a day, mainly because I wasn't on that job but getting it right requires patience.

In fairness, their keeper had a fantastic game, especially in the first half.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 123 - 252
Mariners_15
August 27, 2011, 7:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Very unproffessional, like I said earlier, there's 'passionate' and there's going 'over the top' and Scott has fallen into the latter category. What a helmet he's made himself to look. Not matter how much a girl private the fan was being, there's no need to speak to him the way he did and take his anger out on him. It was the managers and players fault for the defeat, no one elses!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 252
ponnyfan
August 27, 2011, 8:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

In fairness, their keeper had a fantastic game, especially in the first half.
He had an excellent game all round Wrawbs - but you probably saw his better side in the first half from your prime ground position  

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 252
voice of reason
August 27, 2011, 8:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
And the best/worst thing about this rant is still to come.... 80's glorys dissection...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 252
DNMariner
August 27, 2011, 8:06pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +100
Someone I know who sits in the main stand was moaning that 'he swears at the players too much infront of a family stand' - who gives a intercourse? It's words, and I'd be willing to bet you'd hear that sort of language from every single dugout around the country. He isn't the marketing director of the club, his job isn't to please the fans (the majority of which are absolutely idiots, plain and simple) his job is to try and get us winning, and to give the players a kick up the bottom where they need it.

Fans are all too happy to shout vitriolic abuse from the bowels of the ground, yet seem to excrement it and complain that he's 'classless' and gets 'too angry' when they have to say it to his face. Our fans oft times criticise the players for being 'gutless' yet looking around BP every week, it appears most of the fans are too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 252
mariner2000
August 27, 2011, 8:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Tommy
1) if he hadn't gone over to talk to the fans that were asking him to, i assume there would be people on here saying he's arrogant and rude

2) it's probably the same people moaning that he's too hot-headed that were the ones moaning about Woods standing arms-folded in the dugout area.

3) there are some absolutely thick as excrement fans in Blundell Park and it honestly feels like a majority that are like this. It's certainly a majority in terms of the ones that are vocal during games anyway. And i would have said the same thing to them in an argument like that. Some people i just don't know why they bother coming to games to sit and moan that we're not playing like Barcelona. I'm not saying this should be a regular thing and i'm sure once all you drama queens have made a big story out of this that RS will think twice before going to talk to some lunatic fan who obviously hasn't watched the same game as me again.

Not a big deal i don't think. Agree with what RS says to the guy and it sounds like the fans around what happened agreed with what RS was saying too.

Definitely the best post on the matter, a lot of shite being said on here probably from the same fans as in the ponny.

Okay not the way a manager is supposed to react but tell me its that different from warnock or the crap Ferguson has come out with recently!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 128 - 252
Devonmatt
August 27, 2011, 8:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from Dobbo
Ive been supporting town since the early 80"s - one thing is consistant - Our fans get more boring each and every season.

We spent all our time with slade in charge pissing and moaning we played hoof ball yet we were top of the league

We spent all of our time with woods in charge asking for a more passionate and animated boss, now we have passionate managers who given time WILL make a difference.

And FACT this isnt 10 years ago, whilst im disgusted with our plight we have to play the cards we're dealt. right now we have a excrement hand...... things Will change but we as fans have a duty to support this club through thick and thin. The ownership WONT change, this league Wont change. some of you just need to get over it and live up^to the reality that we are infact no a smaller club than we once were and it`ll take time to get our Greatness back.

Scott is right, if the fan in question wont get behind the boys then simple: dont turn up

Im behind S&H, im behind our Boys, Things WILL change UTFM

WHS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 252
26 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scott At The End

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.